- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 412896, 5 pages
Orbital IgG4-Related Disease: Clinical Features and Diagnosis
1Department of Ophthalmology, National Hospital Organization Nagoya Medical Center, 4-1-1, Sannomaru, Naka-ku, Nagoya-shi, Aichi-ken 460-0001, Japan
2Department of Pathology, National Hospital Organization Nagoya Medical Center, 4-1-1, Sannomaru, Naka-ku, Nagoya-shi, Aichi-ken 460-0001, Japan
Received 9 May 2012; Accepted 29 May 2012
Academic Editors: A. Adebajo and Z. M. Sthoeger
Copyright © 2012 Toshinobu Kubota and Suzuko Moritani. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- M. Yamamoto, H. Takahashi, S. Sugai, and K. Imai, “Clinical and pathological characteristics of Mikulicz's disease,” Autoimmunity Reviews, vol. 4, no. 4, pp. 195–200, 2005.
- M. Takahira, M. Kawano, Y. Zen, H. Minato, K. Yamada, and K. Sugiyama, “IgG4-related chronic sclerosing dacryoadenitis,” Archives of Ophthalmology, vol. 125, no. 11, pp. 1575–1578, 2007.
- T. Kubota, S. Moritani, M. Katayama, and H. Terasaki, “Ocular adnexal IgG4-related lymphoplasmacytic infiltrative disorder,” Archives of Ophthalmology, vol. 128, no. 5, pp. 577–584, 2010.
- J. A. Plaza, J. A. Garrity, A. Dogan, A. Ananthamurthy, T. E. Witzig, and D. R. Salomão, “Orbital inflammation with IgG4-positive plasma cells: manifestation of IgG4 systemic disease,” Archives of Ophthalmology, vol. 129, no. 4, pp. 421–428, 2011.
- Y. Sato, K. I. Ohshima, K. Ichimura et al., “Ocular adnexal IgG4-related disease has uniform clinicopathology,” Pathology International, vol. 58, no. 8, pp. 465–470, 2008.
- R. Batra, H. S. Mudhar, and S. Sandramouli, “A unique case of IgG4 sclerosing dacryocystitis,” Ophthalmic Plastic Reconstractive Surgery, vol. 28, no. 3, pp. e70–e72, 2012.
- F. A. Jakobiec, R. C. Stacy, and M. P. Hatton, “Clinical characterization and immunopathologic features of sclerosing dacryoadenitis and Riedel thyroiditis,” Archives of Ophthalmology, vol. 128, no. 12, pp. 1626–1628, 2010.
- S. M. Patel and J. H. Szostek, “IgG4-related systemic disease in a native American man,” Internal Medicine, vol. 50, no. 8, pp. 931–934, 2011.
- H. Moteki, M. Yasuo, H. Hamano, T. Uehara, and S. I. Usami, “IgG4-related chronic rhinosinusitis: a new clinical entity of nasal disease,” Acta Oto-Laryngologica, vol. 131, no. 5, pp. 518–526, 2011.
- Y. Zen, T. Fujii, K. Harada et al., “Th2 and regulatory immune reactions are increased in immunoglobin G4-related sclerosing pancreatitis and cholangitis,” Hepatology, vol. 45, no. 6, pp. 1538–1546, 2007.
- Y. Sato, K. Notohara, M. Kojima, K. Takata, Y. Masaki, and T. Yoshino, “IgG4-related disease: historical overview and pathology of hematological disorders: review Article,” Pathology International, vol. 60, no. 4, pp. 247–258, 2010.
- T. Kubota, “Orbital myositised,” in Idiopathic Inflammatory Myopathies-Recent Developments, J. T. Gran, Ed., pp. 123–142, InTech, 2011, http://www.intechopen.com/books/idiopathic-inflammatory-myopathies-recent-developments/orbital-myositis.
- J. A. Ferry, C. Y. Fung, L. Zukerberg et al., “Lymphoma of the ocular adnexa: a study of 353 cases,” American Journal of Surgical Pathology, vol. 31, no. 2, pp. 170–184, 2007.
- T. Kubota, S. Moritani, T. Yoshino, H. Nagai, and H. Terasaki, “Ocular adnexal marginal zone B cell lymphoma infiltrated by IgG4-positive plasma cells,” Journal of Clinical Pathology, vol. 63, no. 12, pp. 1059–1065, 2010.
- W. Cheuk, H. K. L. Yuen, A. C. L. Chan et al., “Ocular adnexal lymphoma associated with IgG4+ chronic sclerosing dacryoadenitis: a previously undescribed complication of IgG4-related sclerosing disease,” American Journal of Surgical Pathology, vol. 32, no. 8, pp. 1159–1167, 2008.
- W. R. Bijlsma, R. J. Hené, M. P. Mourits, and R. Kalmann, “Orbital mass as manifestation of Wegener's granulomatosis: an ophthalmologic diagnostic approach,” Clinical and Experimental Rheumatology, vol. 29, no. 1, supplement 64, pp. S35–S39, 2011.
- M. Yamamoto, H. Takahashi, C. Suzuki et al., “Analysis of serum IgG subclasses in churg-strauss syndrome-The meaning of elevated serum levels of IgG4,” Internal Medicine, vol. 49, no. 14, pp. 1365–1370, 2010.
- M. Yamamoto, H. Takahashi, M. Ohara et al., “A new conceptualization for Mikulicz's disease as an IgG4-related plasmacytic disease,” Modern Rheumatology, vol. 16, no. 6, pp. 335–340, 2006.
- A. Khosroshahi, D. B. Bloch, V. Deshpande, and J. H. Stone, “Rituximab therapy leads to rapid decline of serum IgG4 levels and prompt clinical improvement in IgG4-related systemic disease,” Arthritis and Rheumatism, vol. 62, no. 6, pp. 1755–1762, 2010.