- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 434176, 7 pages
Adaptive Modelling of the Daily Behavior of the Boundary Layer Ozone in Macau
Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, University of Macau, Macau, China
Received 5 April 2012; Accepted 21 May 2012
Academic Editors: H. Guo and Z. H. Shon
Copyright © 2012 K. M. Chao et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- S. Solberg, R. Bergström, J. Langner, T. Laurila, and A. Lindskog, “Changes in Nordic surface ozone episodes due to European emission reductions in the 1990s,” Atmospheric Environment, vol. 39, no. 1, pp. 179–192, 2005.
- S. I. V. Sousa, F. G. Martins, M. C. M. Alvim-Ferraz, and M. C. Pereira, “Multiple linear regression and artificial neural networks based on principal components to predict ozone concentrations,” Environmental Modelling and Software, vol. 22, no. 1, pp. 97–103, 2007.
- S. Syri, M. Amann, W. Schöpp, and C. Heyes, “Estimating long-term population exposure to ozone in urban areas of Europe,” Environmental Pollution, vol. 113, no. 1, pp. 59–69, 2001.
- W. Wang, W. Lu, X. Wang, and A. Y. T. Leung, “Prediction of maximum daily ozone level using combined neural network and statistical characteristics,” Environment International, vol. 29, no. 5, pp. 555–562, 2003.
- O. Pastor-Bárcenas, E. Soria-Olivas, J. D. Martín-Guerrero, G. Camps-Valls, J. L. Carrasco-Rodríguez, and S. Del Valle-Tascón, “Unbiased sensitivity analysis and pruning techniques in neural networks for surface ozone modelling,” Ecological Modelling, vol. 182, no. 2, pp. 149–158, 2005.
- M. Cai, Y. Yin, and M. Xie, “Prediction of hourly air pollutant concentrations near urban arterials using artificial neural network approach,” Transportation Research Part D, vol. 14, no. 1, pp. 32–41, 2009.
- W. F. Ip, C. M. Vong, J. Y. Yang, and P. K. Wong, “Forecasting daily ambient air pollution based on least squares support vector machines,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Information and Automation (ICIA '10), pp. 571–575, Haerbin, Heilongjiang, China, June 2010.
- K. I. Hoi, K. V. Yuen, and K. M. Mok, “Prediction of daily averaged PM10 concentrations by statistical time-varying model,” Atmospheric Environment, vol. 43, no. 16, pp. 2579–2581, 2009.
- R. E. Kalman, “A new approach to linear filtering and prediction problems,” Transactions of the ASME, Journal of Basic Engineering, vol. 82, pp. 35–45, 1960.
- R. E. Kalman and R. S. Bucy, “New results in linear filtering and prediction theory,” Transactions of the ASME, Journal of Basic Engineering, vol. 83, pp. 95–107, 1961.
- K. I. Hoi, K. V. Yuen, and K. M. Mok, “Optimizing the performance of kalman filter based statistical time-varying air quality models,” Global Nest Journal, vol. 12, no. 1, pp. 27–39, 2010.
- K. V. Yuen, Bayesian Methods for Structural Dynamics and Civil Engineering, John Wiley and Sons, 2010.
- M. Q. Pan, “Analysis of air quality situation in Macau,” Final Year Project Report of B.Sc. in Civil Engineering, University of Macau, Macau, 2009.
- C. Dueñas, M. C. Fernández, S. Cañete, J. Carretero, and E. Liger, “Analyses of ozone in urban and rural sites in Málaga (Spain),” Chemosphere, vol. 56, no. 6, pp. 631–639, 2004.
- S. Sillman, “The relation between ozone, NOx and hydrocarbons in urban and polluted rural environments,” Atmospheric Environment, vol. 33, no. 12, pp. 1821–1845, 1999.
- C. Dueas, M. C. Fernández, S. Caete, J. Carretero, and E. Liger, “Assessment of ozone variations and meteorological effects in an urban area in the Mediterranean Coast,” Science of the Total Environment, vol. 299, no. 1–3, pp. 97–113, 2002.
- T. Wang, Y. Y. Wu, T. F. Cheung, and K. S. Lam, “A study of surface ozone and the relation to complex wind flow in Hong Kong,” Atmospheric Environment, vol. 35, no. 18, pp. 3203–3215, 2001.
- D. S. Wilks, Statistical Methods in the Atmospheric Sciences, Academic Press, 3rd edition, 2011.