- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
ISRN Chemical Engineering
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 437186, 13 pages
Modeling Performance of High-Temperature Biomass Gasification Process
College of Engineering and Technology, University of Dar es Salaam, P.O. Box 35131, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Received 20 July 2012; Accepted 10 August 2012
Academic Editors: J. Canosa and A. M. Seayad
Copyright © 2012 C. F. Mhilu. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- C. Lucas, High temperature air/steam gasification of biomass in an updraft fixed bed batch type gasifier [Ph.D. dissertation], Royal Institute of Technology, Stockholm, Sweden, 2005.
- Z. A. Zainal, A. Rifau, G. A. Quadir, and K. N. Seetharamu, “Experimental investigation of a downdraft biomass gasifier,” Biomass and Bioenergy, vol. 23, no. 4, pp. 283–289, 2002.
- H. P. Nuwan, S. De Alwis, A. A. Mohamadand, and A. K. Mehrotra, “Exergy analysis of direct and indirect combustion of methanol by utilizing solar energy or waste heat,” Energy and Fuels, vol. 23, no. 3, pp. 1723–1733, 2009.
- J. Szargut, “Exergy analysis,” The Magazine of Polish Academy of Sciences, vol. 3, no. 7, pp. 31–33, 2005.
- A. Sues, M. Juraščík, and K. Ptasinski, “Exergetic evaluation of 5 biowastes-to-biofuels routes via gasification,” Energy, vol. 35, no. 2, pp. 996–1007, 2010.
- T. Kotas, The Exergy Method of Thermal Plant Analysis, Butterworths, London, UK, 1985.
- D. R. Stull and H. Prophet, JANAF Thermochemical Tables, U.S. National Standard Reference Data Series, 37, National Bureau of Standards, 2nd edition, 1971.
- R. Strehlow, Combustion Fundamentals, McGraw-Hill, New York, NY, USA, 1985.
- K. J. Ptasinski, M. J. Prins, and A. Pierik, “Exergetic evaluation of biomass gasification,” Energy, vol. 32, no. 4, pp. 568–574, 2007.
- G. Gautam, Parametric study of a commercial-scale biomass downdraft gasifier: experiments and equilibrium modeling [Ph.D. thesis], Graduate Faculty of Auburn University, Auburn, Ala, USA, 2010.
- S. Jarungthammachote and A. Dutta, “Thermodynamic equilibrium model and second law analysis of a downdraft waste gasifier,” Energy, vol. 32, no. 9, pp. 1660–1669, 2007.
- A. Kumar, D. D. Jones, and M. A. Hanna, “Thermochemical biomass gasification: a review of the current status of the technology,” Energies, vol. 2, no. 3, pp. 556–581, 2009.
- Z. A. Zainal, R. Ali, C. H. Lean, and K. N. Seetharamu, “Prediction of performance of a downdraft gasifier using equilibrium modeling for different biomass materials,” Energy Conversion and Management, vol. 42, no. 12, pp. 1499–1515, 2001.
- R. Webber, Combustion Fundamentals with Elements of Thermodynamics, Papierflieger, Clausthal-Zellerfeld, Germany, 2008.
- A. Kumar, D. Jones, and M. Hanna, “Thermochemical biomass gasification: a review of the current status of the technology,” Energies, vol. 2, pp. 556–558, 2009.
- S. Parikh, J. Channiwala, and G. Ghosal, “A Correlation for calculating elemental composition from proximate analysis of biomass materials,” Journal of Fuel, vol. 86, no. 12-13, pp. 1710–1719, 2007.