- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 452024, 10 pages
Optimization of Antioxidant Potential of Penicillium granulatum Bainier by Statistical Approaches
Microbial Technology Laboratory, Department of Microbiology, Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar 143005, India
Received 15 February 2012; Accepted 13 March 2012
Academic Editors: M. Canica, J. Ruiz-Herrera, G. Suzzi, and T. P. West
Copyright © 2012 Priyanka Chandra and Daljit Singh Arora. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- N. Gursoy, C. Sarikurkcu, M. Cengiz, and M. H. Solak, “Antioxidant activities, metal contents, total phenolics and flavonoids of seven Morchella species,” Food and Chemical Toxicology, vol. 47, no. 9, pp. 2381–2388, 2009.
- A. L. Demain, “Pharmaceutically active secondary metabolites of microorganisms,” Applied Microbiology and Biotechnology, vol. 52, no. 4, pp. 455–463, 1999.
- A. Rančić, M. Soković, A. Karioti, J. Vukojević, and H. Skaltsa, “Isolation and structural elucidation of two secondary metabolites from the filamentous fungus Penicillium ochrochloron with antimicrobial activity,” Environmental Toxicology and Pharmacology, vol. 22, no. 1, pp. 80–84, 2006.
- C. H. Chen, C. Y. Shaw, C. C. Chen, and Y. C. Tsai, “2,3,4-Trimethyl-5,7-dihydroxy-2,3-dihydrobenzofuran, a novel antioxidant, from Penicillium citrinum F5,” Journal of Natural Products, vol. 65, no. 5, pp. 740–741, 2002.
- W. Y. Huang, Y. Z. Cai, K. D. Hyde, H. Corke, and M. Sun, “Endophytic fungi from Nerium oleander L (Apocynaceae): main constituents and antioxidant activity,” World Journal of Microbiology and Biotechnology, vol. 23, no. 9, pp. 1253–1263, 2007.
- E. M. Heider, J. K. Harper, D. M. Grant et al., “Exploring unusual antioxidant activity in a benzoic acid derivative: a proposed mechanism for citrinin,” Tetrahedron, vol. 62, no. 6, pp. 1199–1208, 2006.
- R. Yawadio Nsimba, H. Kikuzaki, and Y. Konishi, “Antioxidant activity of various extracts and fractions of Chenopodium quinoa and Amaranthus spp. seeds,” Food Chemistry, vol. 106, no. 2, pp. 760–766, 2008.
- T. Jayakumar, P. A. Thomas, and P. Geraldine, “In-vitro antioxidant activities of an ethanolic extract of the oyster mushroom, Pleurotus ostreatus,” Innovative Food Science and Emerging Technologies, vol. 10, no. 2, pp. 228–234, 2009.
- P. Katapodis, V. Christakopoulou, and P. Christakopoulos, “Optimization of xylanase production by Thermomyces lanuginosus in tomato seed meal using response surface methodology,” World Journal of Microbiology and Biotechnology, vol. 22, no. 5, pp. 501–506, 2006.
- Q. L. Wu, T. Chen, Y. Gan, X. Chen, and X. M. Zhao, “Optimization of riboflavin production by recombinant Bacillus subtilis RH44 using statistical designs,” Applied Microbiology and Biotechnology, vol. 76, no. 4, pp. 783–794, 2007.
- D. S. Arora and P. Chandra, “Assay of antioxidant potential of two Aspergillus isolates by different methods under various physio-chemical conditions,” Brazilian Journal of Microbiology, vol. 41, no. 3, pp. 765–777, 2010.
- G. R. Zhao, Z. J. Xiang, T. X. Ye, Y. J. Yuan, and Z. X. Guo, “Antioxidant activities of Salvia miltiorrhiza and Panax notoginseng,” Food Chemistry, vol. 99, no. 4, pp. 767–774, 2006.
- L. W. Chang, W. J. Yen, S. C. Huang, and P. D. Duh, “Antioxidant activity of sesame coat,” Food Chemistry, vol. 78, no. 3, pp. 347–354, 2002.
- A. Othman, A. Ismail, N. Abdul Ghani, and I. Adenan, “Antioxidant capacity and phenolic content of cocoa beans,” Food Chemistry, vol. 100, no. 4, pp. 1523–1530, 2007.
- S. K. Ki, T. Yokozawa, Y. K. Hyun, and H. P. Jeong, “Study on the nitric oxide scavenging effects of ginseng and its compounds,” Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry, vol. 54, no. 7, pp. 2558–2562, 2006.
- V. L. Singleton, R. Orthofer, and R. M. Lamuela-Raventós, “Analysis of total phenols and other oxidation substrates and antioxidants by means of folin-ciocalteu reagent,” Methods in Enzymology, vol. 299, pp. 152–178, 1998.
- P. Chandra and D. S. Arora, “Antioxidant activity of fungi isolated from soil of different areas of Punjab, India,” Journal of Applied and Natural Science, vol. 1, pp. 123–128, 2009.
- D. M. Maron and B. N. Ames, “Revised methods for the Salmonella mutagenicity test,” Mutation Research, vol. 113, no. 3-4, pp. 173–215, 1983.
- G. Ciapetti, E. Cenni, L. Pratelli, and A. Pizzoferrato, “In vitro evaluation of cell/biomaterial interaction by MTT assay,” Biomaterials, vol. 14, no. 5, pp. 359–364, 1993.
- S. A. Sayyad, B. P. Panda, S. Javed, and M. Ali, “Optimization of nutrient parameters for lovastatin production by Monascus purpureus MTCC 369 under submerged fermentation using response surface methodology,” Applied Microbiology and Biotechnology, vol. 73, no. 5, pp. 1054–1058, 2007.
- J. A. Macedo, L. D. Sette, and H. H. Sato, “Optimization of medium composition for transglutaminase production by a Brazilian soil Streptomyces sp.,” Electronic Journal of Biotechnology, vol. 10, no. 4, pp. 618–626, 2007.
- G. C. Yen and Y. C. Chang, “Medium optimization for the production of antioxidants from Aspergillus candidus,” Journal of Food Protection, vol. 62, no. 6, pp. 657–661, 1999.
- R. N. Tandon and J. S. Grewal, “Effect of nitrogen nutrition on growth and sporulation of some pathogenic fungi,” Proceedings of the Indian Academy of Sciences B, vol. 44, no. 2, pp. 61–67, 1956.
- L. Miao, T. F. N. Kwong, and P. Y. Qian, “Effect of culture conditions on mycelial growth, antibacterial activity, and metabolite profiles of the marine-derived fungus Arthrinium c.f. saccharicola,” Applied Microbiology and Biotechnology, vol. 72, no. 5, pp. 1063–1073, 2006.
- R. H. Hassegawa, M. C. M. Kasuya, and M. C. D. Vanetti, “Growth and antibacterial activity of Lentinula edodes in liquid media supplemented with agricultural wastes,” Electronic Journal of Biotechnology, vol. 8, no. 2, pp. 212–217, 2005.
- D. K. Gogoi, H. P. Deka Boruah, R. Saikia, and T. C. Bora, “Optimization of process parameters for improved production of bioactive metabolite by a novel endophytic fungus Fusarium sp. DF2 isolated from Taxus wallichiana of North East India,” World Journal of Microbiology and Biotechnology, vol. 24, no. 1, pp. 79–87, 2008.
- S. Trupkin, L. Levin, F. Forchiassin, and A. Viale, “Optimization of a culture medium for ligninolytic enzyme production and synthetic dye decolourization using response surface methodology,” Journal of Industrial Microbiology and Biotechnology, vol. 30, no. 12, pp. 682–690, 2003.
- B. Sultana, F. Anwar, and R. Przybylski, “Antioxidant activity of phenolic components present in barks of Azadirachta indica, Terminalia arjuna, Acacia nilotica, and Eugenia jambolana Lam. trees,” Food Chemistry, vol. 104, no. 3, pp. 1106–1114, 2007.
- S. Bounatirou, S. Smiti, M. G. Miguel et al., “Chemical composition, antioxidant and antibacterial activities of the essential oils isolated from Tunisian Thymus capitatus Hoff. et Link.,” Food Chemistry, vol. 105, no. 1, pp. 146–155, 2007.
- F. Abas, N. H. Lajis, D. A. Israf, S. Khozirah, and Y. U. Kalsom, “Antioxidant and nitric oxide inhibition activities of selected Malay traditional vegetables,” Food Chemistry, vol. 95, no. 4, pp. 566–573, 2006.
- M. Femenía-Ríos, C. M. García-Pajón, R. Hernández-Galán, A. J. Macías-Sánchez, and I. G. Collado, “Synthesis and free radical scavenging activity of a novel metabolite from the fungus Colletotrichum gloeosporioides,” Bioorganic and Medicinal Chemistry Letters, vol. 16, no. 22, pp. 5836–5839, 2006.
- L. M. Cheung and P. C. K. Cheung, “Mushroom extracts with antioxidant activity against lipid peroxidation,” Food Chemistry, vol. 89, no. 3, pp. 403–409, 2005.
- S. S. Ali, N. Kasoju, A. Luthra et al., “Indian medicinal herbs as sources of antioxidants,” Food Research International, vol. 41, no. 1, pp. 1–15, 2008.