- About this Journal ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
ISRN Obstetrics and Gynecology
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 470419, 4 pages
A Comparative Study of Relationship between Micronutrients and Gestational Diabetes
1Obsterics and Gynecology Department, Women Health Research Center, Faculty of Medicine, Mashhad University of Medical Sciences, Mashhad 9137913316, Iran
2Omalbanin Hospital, Azadi Street, Mashhad 9144663595, Iran
3Department of Physiology, Faculty of Medicine, Yazd University of Medical Sciences, Yazd 8944157963, Iran
4Pharmaceutical Chemistry Department, Faculty of Pharmacy, Mashhad University of Medical Sciences, Mashhad 917751365, Iran
Received 2 July 2012; Accepted 23 July 2012
Academic Editors: L. G. Bahamondes and K. Yang
Copyright © 2012 Farideh Akhlaghi et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- B. E. Metzger and D. R. Coustan, Eds., “Proceedings of the fourth international workshop—conference on gestational diabetes mellitus,” Diabetes Care, vol. 21, supplement 2, pp. B1–B167, 1998.
- L. Jovanovic-Peterson, B. Meisel, W. Bevier, and C. M. Peterson, “The Rubenesque pregnancy: a progression towards higher blood pressure correlates with a measure of endogenous and exogenous insulin levels,” American Journal of Perinatology, vol. 14, no. 4, pp. 181–186, 1997.
- W. C. Bevier, L. Jovanovic-Peterson, and C. M. Peterson, “Pancreatic disorders of pregnancy: diagnosis, management, and outcome of gestational diabetes,” Endocrinology and Metabolism Clinics of North America, vol. 24, no. 1, pp. 103–138, 1995.
- M. L. Khine, A. Winklestein, and J. A. Copel, “Selective screening for gestational diabetes mellitus in adolescent pregnancies,” Obstetrics and Gynecology, vol. 93, no. 5, part 1, pp. 738–742, 1999.
- W. J. Meyer, J. Carbone, D. W. Gauthier, and D. A. Gottmann, “Early gestational glucose screening and gestational diabetes,” Journal of Reproductive Medicine for the Obstetrician and Gynecologist, vol. 41, no. 9, pp. 675–679, 1996.
- American Diabetes Association, “Gestational diabetes mellitus (position statement),” Diabetes Care, vol. 27, supplement 1, pp. S88–S90, 2004.
- J. B. Vincent, “Mechanisms of chromium action: low-molecular-weight chromium-binding substance,” Journal of the American College of Nutrition, vol. 18, no. 1, pp. 6–12, 1999.
- R. T. Mossop, “Effects of chromium III on fasting blood glucose, cholesterol and cholesterol HDL levels in diabetics,” Central African Journal of Medicine, vol. 29, no. 4, pp. 80–82, 1983.
- N. Cheng, X. Zhu, H. Shi, W. Wu, J. Chi, J. Cheng, et al., “Follow-up survey of people in china with type 2 diabetes mellitus consuming supplemental chromium,” Journal of Trace Elements in Experimental Medicine, vol. 12, pp. 55–60, 1999.
- A. S. Abraham, B. A. Brooks, and U. Eylath, “Chromium and cholesterol-induced atherosclerosis in rabbits,” Annals of Nutrition and Metabolism, vol. 35, no. 4, pp. 203–207, 1991.
- H. M. Ehrenberg, L. Dierker, C. Milluzzi, and B. M. Mercer, “Prevalence of maternal obesity in an urban center,” American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology, vol. 187, no. 5, pp. 1189–1193, 2002.
- C. D. Thomson, “Assessment of requirements for selenium and adequacy of selenium status: a review,” European Journal of Clinical Nutrition, vol. 58, no. 3, pp. 391–402, 2004.
- T. Gross, R. J. Sokol, and K. C. King, “Obesity in pregnancy: risks and outcome,” Obstetrics and Gynecology, vol. 56, no. 4, pp. 446–450, 1980.
- C. A. Major, M. DeVeciana, J. Weeks, and M. A. Morgan, “Recurrence of gestational diabetes: who is at risk?” American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology, vol. 179, no. 4, pp. 1038–1042, 1998.
- M. M. Hedderson, M. A. Williams, V. L. Holt, N. S. Weiss, and A. Ferrara, “Body mass index and weight gain prior to pregnancy and risk of gestational diabetes mellitus,” American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology, vol. 198, no. 4, pp. 401–407, 2008.
- M. K. Barger, “Maternal nutrition and perinatal outcomes,” Journal of Midwifery and Women's Health, vol. 55, no. 6, pp. 502–511, 2010.
- K. Pegklidou, I. Nicolaou, and V. J. Demopoulos, “Nutritional overview on the management of type 2 diabetes and the prevention of its complications.,” Current diabetes reviews, vol. 6, no. 6, pp. 400–409, 2010.
- R. Sreekanth, V. Pattabhi, and S. S. Rajan, “Molecular basis of chromium insulin interactions,” Biochemical and Biophysical Research Communications, vol. 369, no. 2, pp. 725–729, 2008.
- T. G. Kazi, H. I. Afridi, N. Kazi et al., “Copper, chromium, manganese, iron, nickel, and zinc levels in biological samples of diabetes mellitus patients,” Biological Trace Element Research, vol. 122, no. 1, pp. 1–18, 2008.
- H. I. Afridi, T. G. Kazi, N. Kazi et al., “Status of essential trace metals in biological samples of diabetic mother and their neonates,” Archives of Gynecology and Obstetrics, vol. 280, no. 3, pp. 415–423, 2009.
- M. J. Kwon, H. S. Chung, C. S. Yoon et al., “The effect of chromium on rat insulinoma cells in high glucose conditions,” Life Sciences, vol. 87, no. 13-14, pp. 401–404, 2010.
- J. Pallauf and A. S. Müller, “Chapter 6 Inorganic feed additives,” Biology of Growing Animals, vol. 4, no. C, pp. 179–249, 2006.
- K. H. Thompson and C. Orvig, “Vanadium in diabetes: 100 years from Phase 0 to Phase I,” Journal of Inorganic Biochemistry, vol. 100, no. 12, pp. 1925–1935, 2006.
- S. N. Rajpathak, J. P. Crandall, J. Wylie-Rosett, G. C. Kabat, T. E. Rohan, and F. B. Hu, “The role of iron in type 2 diabetes in humans,” Biochimica et Biophysica Acta, vol. 1790, no. 7, pp. 671–681, 2009.
- S. Bo, G. Menato, P. Villois et al., “Iron supplementation and gestational diabetes in midpregnancy,” American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology, vol. 201, no. 2, pp. e1–e158, 2009.
- K. K. L. Chan, B. C. P. Chan, K. F. Lam, S. Tam, and T. T. Lao, “Iron supplement in pregnancy and development of gestational diabetes—a randomised placebo-controlled trial,” An International Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, vol. 116, no. 6, pp. 789–797, 2009.
- M. Afkhami-Ardekani and M. Rashidi, “Iron status in women with and without gestational diabetes mellitus,” Journal of Diabetes and its Complications, vol. 23, no. 3, pp. 194–198, 2009.