- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 475729, 3 pages
Tissue Banking: Relationship with Blood Donor and Organ Donor Card Status
1School of Public Health, Physiotherapy & Population Science, University College Dublin, Dublin 4, Ireland
2Department of Psychiatry, Mater Misericordiae University Hospital, Dublin 7, Ireland
Received 28 November 2011; Accepted 25 December 2011
Academic Editors: D. Minardi and G. D. Stewart
Copyright © 2012 Kenneth D. McKenzie et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- J. W. Oesterhuis, J. W. Coebergh, and E. B. van Veen, “Tumour banks: well-guarded treasures in the interest of patients,” Nature Reviews Cancer, vol. 3, no. 1, pp. 73–77, 2003.
- S. A. Glynn, S. H. Kleinman, G. B. Schreiber et al., “Motivations to donate blood: demographic comparisons,” Transfusion, vol. 42, no. 2, pp. 216–225, 2002.
- M. Conner and P. Sparks, “Theory of planned behaviour and health behaviour,” in Predicting Health Behaviour, M. Conner and P. Norman, Eds., Open University Press, Milton Keynes, UK, 2005.
- J. A. Piliavin and P. L. Callero, Giving Blood. The Development of an Altruistic Identity, John Hopkins University Press, 1991.
- A. H. Misje, V. Bosnes, O. Gåsdal, and H. E. Heier, “Motivation, recruitment and retention of voluntary non-remunerated blood donors: a survey-based questionnaire study,” Vox Sanguinis, vol. 89, no. 4, pp. 236–244, 2005.
- I. M. B. Suarez, A. Fernández-Montoya, A. R. Fernández, A. López-Berrio, and M. Cillero-Peñuela, “How regular blood donors explain their behavior,” Transfusion, vol. 44, no. 10, pp. 1441–1446, 2004.
- G. Godin, P. Sheeran, M. Conner et al., “Factors explaining the intention to give blood among the general population,” Vox Sanguinis, vol. 89, no. 3, pp. 140–149, 2005.
- K. P. H. Lemmens, C. Abraham, R. A. C. Ruiter et al., “Modelling antecedents of blood donation motivation among non-donors of varying age and education,” British Journal of Psychology, vol. 100, no. 1, pp. 71–90, 2009.
- A. Besser, M. Amir, and S. Barkan, “Who signs an organ transplant donor card? A study of personality and individual differences in a sample of Israeli university students,” Personality and Individual Differences, vol. 36, no. 7, pp. 1709–1723, 2004.
- J. J. Skowronski, “On the psychology of organ donation: attitudinal and situational factors related to the willingness to be an organ donor,” Basic and Applied Social Psychology, vol. 19, no. 4, pp. 427–456, 1997.
- N. Mocan and E. Tekin, “The determinants of the willingness to donate an organ among young adults: evidence from the United States and the European Union,” Social Science and Medicine, vol. 65, no. 12, pp. 2527–2538, 2007.
- P. E. Fitzpatrick, K. D. McKenzie, A. Beasley, and J. D. Sheehan, “Patients attending tertiary referral urology clinics: willingness to participate in tissue banking,” British Journal of Urology International, vol. 104, no. 2, pp. 209–213, 2009.