- About this Journal ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 496026, 7 pages
Effect of Drying on Selected Physical Properties of “Asontem” Cowpea Variety
Department of Agricultural Engineering, Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology, Kumasi, Ghana
Received 30 April 2012; Accepted 21 June 2012
Academic Editors: C. Ramsey, M. Sisterna, and M. Zhou
Copyright © 2012 Ato Bart-Plange et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- B. B. Singh, J. D. Ehlers, B. Sharma, and F. R. Freire-Filho, “Recent progress in cowpea breeding,” in Challenges and Opportunities for Enhancing Sustainable Cowpea Production, C. A. Fatokun, S. A. Tarawali, B. B. Singh, P. M. Kormawa, and M. Tamo, Eds., pp. 22–40, IITA, Ibadan, Nigeria, 2002.
- C. Scott, “Sub-saharan africa news in brief: 25 march–9 april,” Science and Development Network, 2008, http://www.scidev.net/en/sub-suharan-africa/news/sub-saharan-africa-news-in-brief-25-march-9-april.html.
- R. Stroshine and D. Hamann, Physical Properties of Agricultural Materials and Food Products. Course Manual, Purdue University, West Lafayette, Ind, USA, 1995.
- K. Peleg, Produce Handling, Packing and Distribution, The Avi Publishing Company, 1958.
- A. Mohamadi, M. A. Ghazavi, and B. Hosseinzadeh, Determining Regression Models of Almond and its Kernel Mass Based on Geometric Properties (Shahrud 12 and Mama'e Varieties), 2010.
- M. G. Varnamkhasti, H. Mobli, A. Jafari, S. Rafiee, M. H. Soltanabadi, and K. Kheiralipour, “Some engineering properties of paddy (var. sazandegi),” International Journal of Agriculture and Biology, vol. 5, pp. 763–766, 2007.
- N. I. Klenin, I. F. Popov, and V. A. Sakun, Agricultural Machines, Theory of Operation, Computation of Controlling Parameters and the Conditions of Operation, Reka Printers Private Limited, New Delhi, India, 1st edition, 1986.
- M. Tavakoli, H. Tavakoli, A. Rajabipour, H. Ahmadi, and S. M. T. Gharib-Zahedi, “Moisture-dependent physical properties of barley grains,” International Journal of Agricultural and Biological Engineering, vol. 2, no. 4, pp. 84–91, 2009.
- S. O. Nelson and T. S. You, “Microwave dielectric properties of corn and wheat kernels and soybeans at microwave frequencies,” Transactions of the American Society of Agricultural Engineering, no. 32, pp. 242–249, 1989.
- M. Karimi, K. Kheiralipour, A. Tabatabaeefar, G. M. Khoubakht, M. Naderi, and K. Heidarbeigi, “The effect of moisture content on physical properties of wheat,” Pakistan Journal of Nutrition, vol. 8, no. 1, pp. 90–95, 2009.
- T. U. Nwakonobi and A. P. Onwualu, “Effect of moisture content and types of structural surfaces on coefficient of friction of two Nigerian food grains: sorghum (Sorghum bicolor) and millet (Pennisetum glaucum),” Agricultural Engineering International: The CIGR Ejournal, vol. 11, manuscript 1152, 2009.
- E. A. Baryeh, “Physical properties of bambara groundnuts,” Journal of Food Engineering, vol. 47, no. 4, pp. 321–326, 2000.
- A. Bart-Plange, A. Addo, and K. A. Dzisi, “Effect of rewetting and drying on selected physical properties of “Obatanpa” maize variety,” Journal of the Ghana Institute of Engineers, vol. 3, no. 1, pp. 12–15, 2005.
- A. Kiliçkan, N. Üçer, and I. Yalçin, “Some physical properties of spinach (Spinacia oleracea L.) seed,” African Journal of Biotechnology, vol. 9, no. 5, pp. 648–655, 2010.
- J. N. Tchiagam, J. M. Bell, D. F. Ngakeu, N. Y. Njintang, and E. Youmbi, “Diallel analysis of cowpea (Vigna unguiculata (L.) Walp.) for some physical properties of seed under the Sudano-guinean conditions,” Agriculture and Biology Journal of North America, vol. 2, no. 4, pp. 698–707, 2011.
- I. Yalçin, “Physical properties of cowpea (Vigna sinensis L.) seed,” Journal of Food Engineering, vol. 79, no. 1, pp. 57–62, 2007.
- F. O. Henshaw, “Varietal differences in physical characteristics and proximate composition of cowpea (Vigna unguiculata.),” World Journal of Agricultural Sciences, vol. 4, no. 3, pp. 302–306, 2008.
- F. A. Maunde, M. A. Ali, A. El-Okene, and B. B. Riji, “Determination of physicomechanical properties of cowpeas to aid thresher design,” Advanced Materials Research, vol. 18-19, pp. 159–164, 2007.
- J. Ampah, A. Bart-Plange, and K. A. Dzisi, “Effects of rewetting on selected physical properties of ‘Asontem’ cowpea variety,” ARPN Journal of Engineering and Applied Sciences, vol. 7, no. 4, 2012.
- Food Storage Manual, World Food Programme, NRI Publishers, 1995.
- T. Y. Tunde-Akintunde and B. O. Akintunde, “Effect of moisture content and variety on selected properties of beniseed,” Agricultural Engineering International: The CIGR Ejournal, vol. 11, manuscript FP 07 021, 2007.
- S. M. T. Gharibzahedi, V. Etemad, J. Mirarab-Razi, and M. Fos'hat, “Study on some engineering attributes of pine nut (Pinus pinea) to the design of processing equipment,” Research in Agricultural Engineering, vol. 56, no. 3, pp. 99–106, 2010.
- C. Aydin, “Physical properties of hazel nuts,” Biosystems Engineering, vol. 82, no. 3, pp. 297–303, 2002.
- O. Kabas, E. Yilmaz, A. Ozmerzi, and I. Akinci, “Some physical and nutritional properties of cowpea seed (Vigna sinensis L.),” Journal of Food Engineering, vol. 79, no. 4, pp. 1405–1409, 2007.
- A. Bart-Plange and E. A. Baryeh, “The physical properties of Category B cocoa beans,” Journal of Food Engineering, vol. 60, no. 3, pp. 219–227, 2003.
- I. Ozturk, M. Kara, E. Elkoca, and S. Ercisli, “Physico-chemical grain properties of new common bean cv. “Elkoca-05”,” Scientific Research and Essays, vol. 4, no. 2, pp. 088–093, 2008.
- B. Wang, D. Li, L. J. Wang et al., “Effect of moisture content on the physical properties of fibered flaxseed,” International Journal of Food Engineering, vol. 3, no. 5, article 1, 2007.
- A. O. Igbozulike and A. K. Aremu, “Moisture dependent physical properties of Garcinia kola seeds,” Journal of Agricultural Technology, vol. 5, no. 2, pp. 239–248, 2009.
- K. K. Singh and T. K. Goswami, “Physical properties of cumin seed,” Journal of Agricultural Engineering Research, vol. 64, no. 2, pp. 93–98, 1996.
- S. M. T. Gharibzahedi, S. M. Mousavi, A. Moayedi, A. T. Garavand, and S. M. Alizadeh, “Moisture-dependent engineering properties of black cumin (Nigella sativa L.) seed,” Agricultural Engineering International: The CIGR Ejournal, vol. 12, no. 1, 2010.
- D. C. Joshi, S. K. Das, and R. K. Mukherjee, “Physical properties of pumpkin seeds,” Journal of Agricultural Engineering Research, vol. 54, no. 3, pp. 219–229, 1993.