- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 507462, 4 pages
Hypoglycemic Effect of Laminaria japonica Polysaccharide in a Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus Mouse Model
1Affiliated Hospital, Medical College Qingdao University, Shandong, Qingdao 266003, China
2Institute of Oceanology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Shandong, Qingdao 266071, China
Received 5 September 2012; Accepted 8 October 2012
Academic Editors: C. Bizzarri and B. Kim
Copyright © 2012 Xiaodan Li et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- J. Machann, C. Thamer, B. Schnoedt et al., “Age and gender related effects on adipose tissue compartments of subjects with increased risk for type 2 diabetes: a whole body MRI/MRS study,” Magnetic Resonance Materials in Physics, Biology and Medicine, vol. 18, no. 3, pp. 128–137, 2005.
- K. L. Knutson, A. M. Ryden, B. A. Mander, and E. Van Cauter, “Role of sleep duration and quality in the risk and severity of type 2 diabetes mellitus,” Archives of Internal Medicine, vol. 166, no. 16, pp. 1768–1774, 2006.
- I. Arfa, A. Abid, D. Malouche et al., “Familial aggregation and excess maternal transmission of type 2 diabetes in Tunisia,” Postgraduate Medical Journal, vol. 83, no. 979, pp. 348–351, 2007.
- J. H. Shubrook Jr. and A. W. Johnson, “An osteopathic approach to type 2 diabetes mellitus,” Journal of the American Osteopathic Association, vol. 111, no. 9, pp. 531–537, 2011.
- S. M. Snedeker and A. G. Hay, “Do interactions between gut ecology and environmental chemicals contribute to obesity and diabetes?” Environmental Health Perspectives, vol. 120, no. 3, pp. 332–339, 2012.
- F. L. Wu, Z. L. Sun, and Y. Wang, “The mechanisms of glucose toxicity impairing the function of β cell,” International Journal of General Medicine, vol. 35, no. 5, pp. 341–344, 2008.
- M. Grzybowska, J. Bober, and M. Olszewska, “Metformin- Mechanisms of action and use for the treatment of type 2 diabetes mellitus,” Postepy Higieny i Medycyny Doswiadczalnej, vol. 65, pp. 277–285, 2011.
- N. Esser, N. Paquot, and A. J. Scheen, “Type 2 diabetes and anti-inflammatory agents: new therapeutic prospects?-inflammatoires: nouvelles perspectives thérapeutiques?” Revue Medicale Suisse, vol. 7, no. 306, pp. 1614–1620, 2011.
- G. M. Reaven, “Insulin resistance: the link between obesity and cardiovascular disease,” Medical Clinics of North America, vol. 95, no. 5, pp. 875–892, 2011.
- M. P. Stern, “Diabetes and cardiovascular disease: the “common soil” hypothesis,” Diabetes, vol. 44, no. 4, pp. 369–374, 1995.
- T. A. Lutz, “Pancreatic amylin as a centrally acting satiating hormone,” Current Drug Targets, vol. 6, no. 2, pp. 181–189, 2005.
- J. Bronský, M. Chada, K. Kotaska, and R. Průsa, “Amylin—its physiological role in humans,” Ceskoslovenska Fysiologie, vol. 51, no. 4, pp. 176–180, 2002.
- A. H. Stonehouse, J. H. Holcombe, and D. M. Kendall, “Management of Type 2 diabetes: the role of incretin mimetics,” Expert Opinion on Pharmacotherapy, vol. 7, no. 15, pp. 2095–2105, 2006.
- J. D. Wu, G. L. Yu, M. M. Li et al., “Extraction, isolation and structural characterization of polysaccharides from Kjellmaniella crassifolia,” Periodical of Ocean University of China, vol. 41, no. 7, pp. 127–130, 2011.
- D. Y. Li, R. Y. Xu, Y. Z. Zhou, X. B. Sheng, A. Y. Yang, and J. L. Cheng, “Effects of fucoidan extracted form brown sea weed on lipid peroxidation in mice,” Acta Nutrimenta Sinica, vol. 24, no. 4, pp. 389–382, 2002.
- R. Xu, Y. Zhang, Q. Wang, and F. D. Zeng, “Anti-proliferation effects of active components fucoxanthin from Thallus japonica on seven kinds of human cancer cells,” Pharmacology and Clinics of Chinese Materia Medica, vol. 25, no. 4, pp. 21–24, 2009.
- T. X. Wang, T. X. Wang, and J. H. Pang, “Study on the Hypoglycemic and hgpolipidemic effect of Laminarina jaoonica polysaccharides,” Acta Nutrimenta Sinica, vol. 29, no. 1, pp. 99–100, 2007.
- M. H. Ma, J. D. Fu, Z. C. Yu, and J. Qiu, “Research progress of pharmacological activity of Laminaria japonica polysaccharide,” China Pharmacist, no. 8, pp. 1190–1193, 2010.
- Z.-Q. Yu, X.-D. Li, X.-Y. Xu et al., “The hypoglycemic effect of Laminaria japonica on diabetic model induced by alloxan in rats,” Chinese Pharmacological Bulletin, vol. 27, no. 5, pp. 651–655, 2011.
- D. Zhang, H. J. Wu, S. P. Chen, K. Ying, and Y. M. Yang, “Comparison of the five models on experimental hyperlipidemia rats,” Chinese Pharmacological Bulletin, vol. 23, no. 9, pp. 1254–1256, 2007.
- S.-H. Long, Z.-Q. Yu, L. Shuai et al., “The hypoglycemic effect of the kelp on diabetes mellitus model induced by alloxan in rats,” International Journal of Molecular Sciences, vol. 13, no. 3, pp. 3354–3365, 2012.
- G. Ning, J. Hong, Y. Bi et al., “Progress in diabetes research in China,” Journal of Diabetes, vol. 1, no. 3, pp. 163–172, 2009.
- M. Nishizawa, W. H. F. Sutherland, and H. Nukada, “Gosha-jinki-gan (herbal medicine) in streptozocin-induced diabetic neuropathy,” Journal of the Neurological Sciences, vol. 132, no. 2, pp. 177–181, 1995.
- A. T. Borchers, S. Sakai, G. L. Henderson et al., “Shosaiko-to and other Kampo (Japanese herbal) medicines: a review of their immunomodulatory activities,” Journal of Ethnopharmacology, vol. 73, no. 1-2, pp. 1–13, 2000.
- K. Bian, Y. Ke, Y. Kamisaki, and F. Murad, “Proteomic modification by nitric oxide,” Journal of Pharmacological Sciences, vol. 101, no. 4, pp. 271–279, 2006.
- X. Y. Xu, L. H. Qin, Y. L. Guo, and L. J. Luan, “Effects of Laminaria japonica polysaccharide to reduce serum lipids and anti-inflammation in hyperlipenmia rats,” Acta Anatomica Sinica, vol. 41, no. 5, pp. 693–697, 2010.