- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 515634, 4 pages
In Vitro α-Amylase Inhibitory Activity of the Leaves of Thespesia populnea
Department of Biochemistry, School of Life Sciences, Vels University, Chennai 600 117, India
Received 26 November 2011; Accepted 10 January 2012
Academic Editors: S. Ceruti and K. Cimanga
Copyright © 2012 R. Sangeetha and N. Vedasree. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- K. T. Ashok, S. Madham, A. B. Shaik, Z. S. Amtul, B. A. Sachin, and M. Kuncha, “Identification of proglycemic and antihyperglycemic activity in antioxidant rich fraction of some common food grains,” International Food Research Journal, vol. 18, no. 3, pp. 883–891, 2011.
- K. A. Wadkar, C. S. Magdum, S. S. Patil, and N. S. Naikwade, “Anti-diabetic potential and indian medicinal plants,” Journal of Herbal Medicine and Toxicology, vol. 2, no. 1, pp. 45–50, 2008.
- V. Babu, T. Gangadevi, and A. Subramanian, “Antihyperglycemic effect of Cassia keinii leaf extract in glucose feed normal rats and alloxam induced diabetic rats,” Indian Journal of Pharmacology, vol. 34, no. 6, pp. 409–415, 2002.
- R. Parthasarathy, R. Ilavarasan, and C. M. Karrunakaran, “Antidiabetic activity of Thespesia Populnea bark and leaf extract against streptozotocin induced diabetic rats,” International Journal of PharmTech Research, vol. 1, no. 4, pp. 1069–1072, 2009.
- K. Karthic, K. S. Kirthiram, S. Sadasivam, B. Thayumanavan, and T. Palvannan, “Identification of α amylase inhibitors from Syzygium cumini Linn seeds,” Indian Journal of Experimental Biology, vol. 46, no. 9, pp. 677–680, 2008.
- M. B. Narkhede, “Investigation of in vitroα-amylase and α-glucosidase inhibitory avtivites of polyherbal extract,” International Journal of Pharmaceutical Research and Development, vol. 3, no. 8, pp. 97–103, 2011.
- M. Vasudevan, K. K. Gunnam, and M. Parle, “Antinociceptive and anti-inflammatory effects of Thespesia populnea bark extract,” Journal of Ethnopharmacology, vol. 109, no. 2, pp. 264–270, 2007.
- R. M. McCready, J. Guggolz, V. Silviera, and H. S. Owens, “Determination of starch and amylose in vegetables,” Analytical Chemistry, vol. 22, no. 9, pp. 1156–1158, 1950.
- O. H. Lowry, N. J. Rosebrough, A. L. Farr, and R. J. Randall, “Protein measurement with the folin Phenol reagent,” The Journal of Biological Chemistry, vol. 193, no. 1, pp. 265–275, 1951.
- B. Zak, A. J. Boyle, and A. Zlatkis, “A new method for the direct determination of serum cholesterol,” The Journal of Laboratory and Clinical Medicine, vol. 41, no. 3, pp. 486–492, 1953.
- V. L. Singleton and J. A. Rossi, “Colorimetry of total phenolics with phosphomolybdic–phosphotungstic acid reagents,” American Journal of Enology and Viticulture, vol. 16, no. 3, pp. 144–158, 1965.
- S. McDonald, P. D. Prenzler, M. Antolovich, and K. Robards, “Phenolic content and antioxidant activity of olive extracts,” Food Chemistry, vol. 73, no. 1, pp. 73–84, 2001.
- J. Zhishen, T. Mengcheng, and W. Jianming, “The determination of flavonoid contents in mulberry and their scavenging effects on superoxide radicals,” Food Chemistry, vol. 64, no. 4, pp. 555–559, 1999.
- P. Bernfeld, “Amylase, α and β,” in Methods in Enzymology, S. P. Colowick and N. O. Kaplan, Eds., pp. 149–158, Academic Press, New York, NY, USA, 1955.
- J. G. Scandalios, “Isozymes in development and differentiation,” Annual Review of Plant Physiology, vol. 25, pp. 225–258, 1974.