- About this Journal ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
ISRN Organic Chemistry
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 526867, 4 pages
New Way of Direct Nitrogen Atom Phenylation in Quinoline Derivatives
1Laboratory of Radiochemistry, Natural Sciences Institute, Perm State University, Perm 614990, Russia
2Chemistry Department, Saint Petersburg State University, 26 Universitetsky Pr., Petrodvorets, Saint Petersburg 198504, Russia
3Radiochemistry Department, M. V. Lomonosov Moscow State University, Leninskie Gory, Moscow 119992, Russia
4Department of Chemistry, James Madison University, Harrisonburg, VA 22807, USA
5Department of Organic Chemistry, Perm State University, Perm 614990, Russia
Received 20 April 2012; Accepted 15 May 2012
Academic Editors: A. Hajra and J. A. Palenzuela
Copyright © 2012 Nadezhda E. Shchepina et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- A. F. Pozharskii, A. T. Soldatenkov, and A. R. Katritzky, Heterocycles in Life and Society, Wiley, New York, NY, USA, 1997.
- E. Lukevits, “Pyridine derivatives in the drug arsenal (150 years of pyridine chemistry),” Chemistry of Heterocyclic Compounds, vol. 31, no. 6, pp. 639–650, 1995.
- J. A. Joule and K. Mills, Heterocyclic Chemistry, Blackwell Science, Oxford, UK, 4th edition, 2000.
- R. Laufer, M. Báthori, T. Csermely et al., “TLC determination of hydrophilicity parameter of some pyridinium aldoximes,” Journal of Liquid Chromatography & Related Technologies, vol. 30, no. 15, pp. 2337–2344, 2007.
- D. Dindo, F. Dahm, Z. Szulc et al., “Cationic long-chain ceramide LCL-30 induces cell death by mitochondrial targeting in SW403 cells,” Molecular Cancer Therapeutics, vol. 5, no. 6, pp. 1520–1529, 2006.
- S. B. Bharate and C. M. Thompson, “Antimicrobial, antimalarial and antileishmanial activities of mono- and bisquaternary pyridinium compounds,” Chemical Biology and Drug Design, vol. 76, no. 6, pp. 546–551, 2010.
- K. Ghosh, T. Sarkar, and A. P. Chattopadhyay, “Anthracene appended pyridinium amide-urea conjugate in selective fluorometric sensing of L-N-acetylvaline salt,” Beilstein Journal of Organic Chemistry, vol. 6, no. 79, pp. 1211–1218, 2010.
- M. K. Kesharwani, B. Ganguly, A. Das, and T. Bandyopadhyay, “Differential binding of bispyridinium oxime drugs with acetylcholinesterase,” Acta Pharmacologica Sinica, vol. 31, no. 3, pp. 313–328, 2010.
- J. Stojan, V. Marcel, and D. Fournier, “Inhibition of Drosophila acetylcholinesterase by 7-(methylethoxyphosphinyloxy)1-methyl-quinolinium iodide,” Chemico-Biological Interactions, vol. 119-120, pp. 147–157, 1999.
- C. R. Joaquin, D. Galanakis, A. Piergentili et al., “Synthesis, molecular modeling, and pharmacological testing of bis- quinolinium cyclophanes: potent, non-peptidic blockers of the apamin- sensitive Ca2+-activated K+ channel,” Journal of Medicinal Chemistry, vol. 43, no. 3, pp. 420–431, 2000.
- B. M. Gutsulyak, “Biological activity of quinolinium salts,” Russian Chemical Reviews, vol. 41, no. 2, pp. 187–202, 1972.
- R. M. Abd El-Aal and M. Younis, “Synthesis and antimicrobial activity of meso-substituted polymethine cyanine dyes,” Bioorganic Chemistry, vol. 32, no. 4, pp. 193–210, 2004.
- K. H. Pausacker, “Arylation of aromatic compounds. VI. Benzoyl peroxide with pyridine and quinoline,” Australian Journal of Chemistry, vol. 11, no. 2, pp. 200–210, 1958.
- R. A. Barnes, F. Brody, and P. R. Ruby, Pyridine and Its Derivatives, vol. 1, Interscience, New York, NY, USA, 1960, Edited by: A. Weissberger, A. Klingberg.
- N. E. Shchepina, V. V. Avrorin, G. A. Badun, S. B. Lewis, V. M. Fedoseev, and S. E. Ukhanov, “The reaction of direct phenylation by nucleogenic cations as a method of synthesis of unknown or complicated tritium labeled compounds,” Moscow University Chemistry Bulletin, vol. 64, no. 5, pp. 244–248, 2009.
- N. E. Shchepina, V. V. Avrorin, G. A. Badun et al., “Preparation of N-phenyl-substituted quinolinium derivatives labeled with tritium by chemonuclear synthesis,” Chemistry of Heterocyclic Compounds, vol. 45, no. 7, pp. 796–801, 2009.
- N. Shchepina, V. Avrorin, G. Badun, V. Fedoseev, and S. Lewis, “New method for the synthesis of difficultly available sterically hindered tritium-labeled pyridinium derivatives,” Chemistry of Heterocyclic Compounds, vol. 46, no. 5, pp. 547–552, 2010.
- N. E. Shchepina, V. V. Avrorin, G. A. Badun, V. M. Fedoseev, S. E. Ukhanov, and S. B. Lewis, “Nuclear-chemical synthesis of tritium-labeled phenyl-substituted picoline derivatives,” Radiochemistry, vol. 49, no. 6, pp. 630–632, 2007.
- I. I. Sidorchuk, R. F. Stadniichuk, E. I. Tishchenko, and L. T. Bordyakovskaya, “Antimicrobial activity of quaternary quinolinium salts,” Pharmaceutical Chemistry Journal, vol. 12, no. 7, pp. 893–895, 1978.