- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 527634, 5 pages
The Yearly Prevalence of Findings in Endoscopy of the Lower Part of the Gastrointestinal Tract
Department of Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology, Zaans Medisch Centrum, P.O. Box 210, 1500 EE Zaandam, The Netherlands
Received 5 November 2012; Accepted 23 November 2012
Academic Editors: M. Ikeguchi and S. Ogino
Copyright © 2012 R. J. L. F. Loffeld et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- R. J. L. F. Loffeld and A. B. M. M. van der Putten, “The annual yield of diagnostic endoscopy of the lower digestive tract,” European Journal of Internal Medicine, vol. 16, no. 1, pp. 37–40, 2005.
- R. J. L. F. Loffeld and A. B. M. M. van der Putten, “The completion rate of colonoscopy in normal daily practice: factors associated with failure,” Digestion, vol. 80, no. 4, pp. 267–270, 2009.
- T. Rainis, D. Keren, O. Goldstein, E. Stermer, and A. Lavy, “Diagnostic yield and safety of colonoscopy in Israeli patients in an open access referral system,” Journal of Clinical Gastroenterology, vol. 41, no. 4, pp. 394–399, 2007.
- R. J. L. F. Loffeld, B. Liberov, and P. E. P. Dekkers, “Opbrengst coloscopie rechtstreeks aangevraagd door de huisarts,” Modern Medicine, vol. 3, pp. 83–86, 2012.
- A. O. Laiyemo, P. F. Pinsky, P. M. Marcus et al., “Utilization and yield of surveillance colonoscopy in the continued follow-up study of the polyp prevention trial,” Clinical Gastroenterology and Hepatology, vol. 7, no. 5, pp. 562–567, 2009.
- A. Lasson, A. Kilander, and P. O. Stotzer, “Diagnostic yield of colonoscopy based on symptoms,” Scandinavian Journal of Gastroenterology, vol. 43, no. 3, pp. 356–362, 2008.
- J. J. Goners, J. K. Harris, V. Wietlisbach, B. Burnand, J. P. Vader, and F. Froehlich, “A European view of diagnostic yield and appropriateness of colonoscopy,” Hepatogastroenterology, vol. 54, no. 75, pp. 729–735, 2007.
- “Dutch Cancer registration,” http://www.cijfersoverkanker.nl/.
- “Data from the Integral Cancer Institute Amsterdam,” http://www.ika.nl/.
- Y. Niv, R. Hazazi, Z. Levi, and G. Fraser, “Screening colonoscopy for colorectal cancer in asymptomatic people: a meta-analysis,” Digestive Diseases and Sciences, vol. 53, no. 12, pp. 3049–3054, 2008.
- M. H. Liedenbaum, A. H. de Vries, A. F. van Rijn et al., “CT colonography with limited bowel preparation for the detection of colorectal neoplasia in an FOBT positive screening population,” Abdominal Imaging, vol. 35, no. 6, pp. 661–668, 2010.
- N. A. Molodecky, I. S. Soon, D. M. Rabi et al., “Increasing incidence and prevalence of the inflammatory bowel diseases with time, based on systematic review,” Gastroenterology, vol. 142, no. 1, pp. 46–54, 2012.