- About this Journal ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
ISRN Mechanical Engineering
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 527979, 4 pages
Sustainable Energy Alternatives Experimentation at SCT
Faculty in Power Engineering Department, Electrical and Electronics Section, Salalah College of Technology, P.O. Box No. 608, Salalah 211, Oman
Received 12 May 2012; Accepted 20 June 2012
Academic Editors: F. Findik and J.-I. Jang
Copyright © 2012 Javeed Ahmed Khan and Ramani Ranjan Panda. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- A. Gastli, Y. Charabi, and S. Al-Yahyai, “Wind energy potential locations in Oman using data from existing weather stations,” Research Report, SQU, Muscat, Oman, 2010.
- A. H. Al-Badi, A. Malik, and A. Gastli, “Assessment of renewable energy resources potential in Oman and identification of barrier to their significant utilization,” Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, vol. 13, no. 9, pp. 2734–2739, 2009.
- W. Sullivan, E. Wcks, and J. Luxhoj, Engineering Economy, Prentice Hall, Upper Saddle River, NJ, USA, 2006.
- Authority for Electricity Regulation, “Oman study on renewable energy resources,” Final Report, 2008.
- A. S. S. Dorvlo, “Estimating wind speed distribution,” Energy Conversion and Management, vol. 43, no. 17, pp. 2311–2318, 2002.
- M. H. Albadi and E. F. El-Saadany, “The role of taxation policy and incentives in wind-based distributed generation projects viability: Ontario SOP case study,” in Proceedings of the 40th North American Power Symposium (NAPS'08), Calgary, Canada, September 2009.
- M. R. Patel, Wind and Solar Power Systems, CRC Press, New York, NY, USA, 1999.