- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
ISRN Mathematical Physics
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 531250, 18 pages
Stability of Compressible Hollow Jet Pervaded by a Transverse Varying Magnetic Field
1Department of Mathematics, Women's University College, Ain Shams University, Asmaa Fahmy Street, Heliopolis, Cairo 11566, Egypt
2Department of Engineering Physics and Mathematics, Faculty of Engineering, Ain Shams University, Cairo 11566, Egypt
3Department of Basic and Applied Sciences, College of Engineering and Technology, Arab Academy for Science & Technology and Maritime Transport (AAST), P.O. Box 2033, Elhorria, Cairo 11361, Egypt
4Department of Engineering Physics and Mathematics, Faculty of Engineering (Mataria), Helwan University, Cairo 11321, Egypt
Received 13 October 2011; Accepted 16 November 2011
Academic Editor: G. Cleaver
Copyright © 2012 Samia S. Elazab et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- J. W. Rayleigh, The Theory of Sound, Dover, New York, NY, USA, 1945.
- S. Chandrasekhar, Hydrodynamic and Hydromagnetic Stability, Dover, New York, NY, USA, 1981.
- P. Drazin and W. Reid, Hydrodynamic Stability, Cambridge University Press, London, UK, 1980.
- L. Y. Cheng, “Instability of a gas jet in liquid,” Physics of Fluids, vol. 28, no. 8, pp. 2614–2616, 1985.
- J. M. Kendall, “Experiments on annular liquid jet instability and on the formation of liquid shells,” Physics of Fluids, vol. 29, no. 7, pp. 2086–2094, 1986.
- A. E. Radwan and S. Elazab, “Capillary instability of a viscous hollow cylinder,” Simon Stevin, vol. 61, pp. 293–300, 1987.
- A. E. Radwan, “Effect of magnetic fields on the capillary instability of an annular liquid jet,” Journal of Magnetism and Magnetic Materials, vol. 72, no. 2, pp. 219–232, 1988.
- A. E. Radwan, “Magnetohydrodynamic stability of a streaming hollow jet,” Journal of the Physical Society of Japan, vol. 59, no. 2, pp. 537–543, 1990.
- A. E. Radwan, “Stability of streaming bounded hollow jet with oblique magnetic field in three dimensions,” Nuovo Cimento della Societa Italiana di Fisica B, vol. 121, no. 6, pp. 587–597, 2006.
- J. N. Chen and S. P. Lin, “Instability of an annular jet surrounded by a viscous gas in a pipe,” Journal of Fluid Mechanics, vol. 450, pp. 235–258, 2002.
- A. E. Radwan, “Hydromagnetic instability of a streaming compressible cylindrical hollow jet,” International Journal of Engineering Science, vol. 36, no. 1, pp. 87–99, 1998.
- A. E. Radwan and M. A. Eltaweel, “Axisymmetric MHD oscillation of a compressible hollow jet,” Mechanics and Mechanical Engineering, vol. 7, no. 2, pp. 127–130, 2004.
- A. E. Radwan and A. A. Hasan, “Axisymmetric electrogravitational stability of fluid cylinder ambient with transverse varying oscillating field,” International Journal of Applied Mathematics, vol. 38, no. 3, pp. 113–120, 2008.
- A. E. Radwan and A. A. Hasan, “Magneto hydrodynamic stability of self-gravitational fluid cylinder,” Applied Mathematical Modelling, vol. 33, no. 4, pp. 2121–2131, 2009.
- A. A. Hasan, “Electrogravitational stability of oscillating streaming fluid cylinder,” Physica B, vol. 406, no. 2, pp. 234–240, 2011.
- M. Abramowitz and I. Stegun, Handbook of Mathematical Functions, Dover, New York, NY, USA.