- About this Journal ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 532168, 8 pages
Electrochemical Synthesis of Nanocrystalline Ni0.5Zn0.5Fe2O4 Thin Film from Aqueous Sulfate Bath
1Mineral Processing Technology Department, Central Metallurgical Research and Development Institute (CMRDI), P.O. Box 87, Helwan, Cairo 11421, Egypt
2Advanced Materials Department, Central Metallurgical Research and Development Institute (CMRDI), P.O. Box 87, Helwan, Cairo 11421, Egypt
Received 29 December 2011; Accepted 22 February 2012
Academic Editors: J. Blázquez, J.-H. Chang, G. Maruccio, and C.-S. Yeh
Copyright © 2012 A. Saba et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- X. Shan, R. Gang, Z. Feng, et al., “Preparation, microstructure and magnetic properties of Ni-Zn ferrite thin films by spin spray plating,” Journal of Wuhan University of Technology, vol. 23, no. 5, pp. 708–711, 2008.
- L. Wang and F. S. Li, “Mössbauer study of nanocrystalline Ni-Zn ferrite,” Journal of Magnetism and Magnetic Materials, vol. 223, no. 3, pp. 233–237, 2001.
- A. M. El-Sayed, “Effect of chromium substitutions on some properties of Ni-Zn ferrites,” Ceramics International, vol. 28, no. 6, pp. 651–655, 2002.
- J. L. Gunjakar, A. M. More, K. V. Gurav, and C. D. Lokhande, “Chemical synthesis of spinel nickel ferrite (NiFe2O4) nano-sheets,” Applied Surface Science, vol. 254, no. 18, pp. 5844–5848, 2008.
- M. P. Horvath, “Microwave applications of soft ferrites,” Journal of Magnetism and Magnetic Materials, vol. 215, pp. 171–183, 2000.
- P. A. Lane, P. J. Wright, M. J. Crosbie et al., “Liquid injection metal organic chemical vapour deposition of nickel zinc ferrite thin films,” Journal of Crystal Growth, vol. 192, no. 3-4, pp. 423–429, 1998.
- S. D. Sartale, C. D. Lokhande, M. Giersig, and V. Ganesan, “Novel electrochemical process for the deposition of nanocrystalline NiFe2O4 thin films,” Journal of Physics Condensed Matter, vol. 16, no. 6, pp. 773–784, 2004.
- W. Tao, S. B. Desu, and T. K. Li, “Direct liquid injection MOCVD of high quality PLZT films,” Materials Letters, vol. 23, no. 4–6, pp. 177–180, 1995.
- M. Sedla, V. M. Jeca, T. Grygarb, et al., “Sol-gel processing and magnetic properties of nickel zinc ferrite thick films,” Ceramics International, vol. 26, no. 5, pp. 507–512, 2000.
- S. M. Chavana, M. K. Babrekarc, S. S. Moreb, and K. M. Jadhav, “Structural and optical properties of nanocrystalline Ni-Zn ferrite thin films,” Journal of Alloys and Compounds, vol. 507, no. 1, pp. 21–25, 2010.
- D. Ravinder, K. Vijay Kumar, and A. V. Ramana Reddy, “Preparation and magnetic properties of Ni-Zn ferrite thin films,” Materials Letters, vol. 57, no. 26-27, pp. 4162–4164, 2003.
- S. D. Sartale, G. D. Bagde, C. D. Lokhande, and M. Giersig, “Room temperature synthesis of nanocrystalline ferrite (MFe2O4, M = Cu, Co and Ni) thin films using novel electrochemical route,” Applied Surface Science, vol. 182, no. 3-4, pp. 366–371, 2001.
- A. E. Saba, E. M. Elsayed, M. M. Moharam, M. M. Rashad, and R. M. Abou-Shahba, “Structure and magnetic properties of Ni x Zn1-x Fe2O4 thin films prepared through electrodeposition method,” Journal of Materials Science, vol. 46, no. 10, pp. 3574–3582, 2011.
- Y. N. Nuli and Q. Z. Qin, “Nanocrystalline transition metal ferrite thin films prepared by an electrochemical route for Li-ion batteries,” Journal of Power Sources, vol. 142, no. 1-2, pp. 292–297, 2005.
- I. Zhitomirsky, A. Petric, and M. Niewczas, “Nanostructured ceramic and hybrid materials via electrodeposition,” Journal of the Minerals Metals & Materials Society, vol. 54, no. 9, pp. 31–34, 2002.
- S. Bijani, M. Gabs, L. Martínez, J. R. Ramos-Barrado, J. Morales, and L. Sánchez, “Nanostructured Cu2O thin film electrodes prepared by electrodeposition for rechargeable lithium batteries,” Thin Solid Films, vol. 515, no. 13, pp. 5505–5511, 2007.
- C. H. Wang, K. W. Cheng, and C. J. Tseng, “Photoelectrochemical properties of AgInS2 thin films prepared using electrodeposition,” Solar Energy Materials and Solar Cells, vol. 95, no. 2, pp. 453–461, 2011.
- J. C. Ballesteros, P. Díaz-Arista, Y. Meas, R. Ortega, and G. Trejo, “Zinc electrodeposition in the presence of polyethylene glycol 20000,” Electrochimica Acta, vol. 52, no. 11, pp. 3686–3696, 2007.
- S. O. Pagotto, C. M. De Alvarenga Freire, and M. Ballester, “Zn-Ni alloy deposits obtained by continuous and pulsed electrodeposition processes,” Surface and Coatings Technology, vol. 122, no. 1, pp. 10–13, 1999.
- K. M. Yin and B. T. Lin, “Effects of boric acid on the electrodeposition of iron, nickel and iron-nickel,” Surface and Coatings Technology, vol. 78, no. 1–3, pp. 205–210, 1996.
- A. I. Inamdar, S. H. Mujawar, S. B. Sadale et al., “Electrodeposited zinc oxide thin films: nucleation and growth mechanism,” Solar Energy Materials and Solar Cells, vol. 91, no. 10, pp. 864–870, 2007.
- S. D. Sartale, C. D. Lokhande, and M. Muller, “Electrochemical synthesis of nanocrystalline CuFe2O4 thin films from non-aqueous (ethylene glycol) medium,” Materials Chemistry and Physics, vol. 80, no. 1, pp. 120–128, 2003.
- C. D. Lokhande, S. S. Kulkarni, R. S. Mane, and S. H. Han, “Copper ferrite thin films: single-step non-aqueous growth and properties,” Journal of Crystal Growth, vol. 303, no. 2, pp. 387–390, 2007.
- M. M. Rashad, E. M. Elsayed, M. M. Moharam, R. M. Abou-Shahba, and A. E. Saba, “Structure and magnetic properties of NixZn1-xFe2O4 nanoparticles prepared through co-precipitation method,” Journal of Alloys and Compounds, vol. 486, no. 1-2, pp. 759–767, 2009.
- H. W. Wang and S. C. Kung, “Crystallization of nano-sized Ni-Zn ferrite powders prepared by hydrothermal method,” Journal of Magnetism and Magnetic Materials, vol. 270, pp. 230–236, 2004.