- About this Journal ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
ISRN Renewable Energy
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 541596, 6 pages
Thermofluidynamic Analysis of a Combustor Chamber Coupled to a Biomass Downdraft Gasifier
1Institute of Agricultural and Technological Science—Agricultural and Environmental Engineering, Federal University of Mato Grosso (UFMT), 78735-901 Rondonópolis, MT, Brazil
2Department of Agricultural Engineering, Federal University of Viçosa (UFV), 36570-000 Viçosa, MG, Brazil
Received 18 April 2012; Accepted 13 August 2012
Academic Editors: M. Beccali, A. Bosio, H. K. Ozturk, and A. C. Rastogi
Copyright © 2012 Jofran Luiz de Oliveira et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- M. Baratieri, P. Baggio, L. Fiori, and M. Grigiante, “Biomass as an energy source: thermodynamic constraints on the performance of the conversion process,” Bioresource Technology, vol. 99, no. 15, pp. 7063–7073, 2008.
- D. Y. C. Leung, X. L. Yin, and C. Z. Wu, “A review on the development and commercialization of biomass gasification technologies in China,” Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, vol. 8, no. 6, pp. 565–580, 2004.
- S. Martin, J. N. Silva, I. F. F. Tinoco, A. C. Vieira, and F. L. Zannata, “Design and construction of a downdraft gasifier for biomass,” Engenharia na Agriculturav, vol. 14, pp. 238–249, 2006 (Portuguese).
- M. Berggren, E. Ljunggren, and F. Johnsson, “Biomass co-firing potentials for electricity generation in Poland-Matching supply and co-firing opportunities,” Biomass and Bioenergy, vol. 32, no. 9, pp. 865–879, 2008.
- F. L. Zanatta, J. N. Silva, I. F. F. Tinoco, D. Oliveira Filho, and S. Martin, “Evaluation of thermal comfort in poultry house heated by a biomass gasifier,” Engenharia na Agricultura, vol. 16, pp. 270–284, 2008 (Portuguese).
- W. R. Santos, J. N. Silva, D. Oliveira Filho, and M. A. Martins, “Control and evaluation of a set gasifier-combustor with co-current flow using eucalyptus wood as a fuel,” Engenharia na Agricultura, vol. 18, pp. 165–170, 2010 (Portuguese).
- M. Kiliç, “Flow and convective heat transfer in cylindrical reversed flow combustion chambers,” International Communications in Heat and Mass Transfer, vol. 23, no. 8, pp. 1151–1161, 1996.
- A. Khoshhal, M. Rahimi, and A. A. Alsairafi, “CFD investigation on the effect of air temperature on air blowing cooling system for preventing tube rupture,” International Communications in Heat and Mass Transfer, vol. 36, no. 7, pp. 750–756, 2009.
- M. Sreekanth, D. R. Sudhakar, B. V. S. S. S. Prasad, A. K. Kolar, and B. Leckner, “Modelling and experimental investigation of devolatilizing wood in a fluidized bed combustor,” Fuel, vol. 87, no. 12, pp. 2698–2712, 2008.
- A. Gungor, “Two-dimensional biomass combustion modeling of CFB,” Fuel, vol. 87, no. 8-9, pp. 1453–1468, 2008.
- S. J. A. Osório, I. F. F. Tinoco, and M. O. Paula, “Modeling and experimental validation to estimate the energy balance for a broiler house with misting cooling,” Dyna, vol. 79, p. 10, 2011.
- F. A. Damasceno, F. C. Baeta, M. A. Martins, S. J. A. Osório, and S. J. A. I. Tinoco, “Computational fluid dynamics (CFD) and it's use for analysis gas distribution inside animal production facilities: a literature review,” Revista U.D.C.A Actualidad & Divulgación Científica, vol. 14, pp. 23–34, 2011.
- M. P. Anderson and W. W. Woessner, Applied Groundwater Modeling: Simulation of Flow and Advective Transport, Academic Press, 2nd edition, 1992.
- A. H. A. Motlagh and S. H. Hashemabadi, “3D CFD simulation and experimental validation of particle-to-fluid heat transfer in a randomly packed bed of cylindrical particles,” International Communications in Heat and Mass Transfer, vol. 35, no. 9, pp. 1183–1189, 2008.
- B. E. Launder and D. B. Spalding, “The numerical computation of turbulent flows,” Computer Methods in Applied Mechanics and Engineering, vol. 3, no. 2, pp. 269–289, 1974.