- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 547523, 5 pages
Comparison between Tube Ileostomy and Loop Ileostomy as a Diversion Procedure
Department of General Surgery, Victoria Hospital, Bangalore Medical College and Research Institute, Bangalore 560002, India
Received 3 November 2012; Accepted 27 November 2012
Academic Editors: R. W. Hsu and K.-E. Kahnberg
Copyright © 2012 Vijayraj Patil et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- J. C. Duchesne, Y. Z. Wang, S. L. Weintraub, M. Boyle, and J. P. Hunt, “Stoma complications: a multivariate analysis,” American Surgeon, vol. 68, no. 11, pp. 961–966, 2002.
- K. P. Riesener, W. Lehnen, M. Höfer, R. Kasperk, J. C. Braun, and V. Schumpelick, “Morbidity of ileostomy and colostomy closure: impact of surgical technique and perioperative treatment,” World Journal of Surgery, vol. 21, no. 1, pp. 103–108, 1997.
- L. J. Mann, P. J. Stewart, R. J. Goodwin, P. H. Chapuis, and E. L. Bokey, “Complications following closure of loop ileostomy,” Australian and New Zealand Journal of Surgery, vol. 61, no. 7, pp. 493–496, 1991.
- R. B. Turnbull Jr. and F. L. Weakley, “Ileostomy technics and indications for surgery,” Review of Surgery, vol. 23, no. 5, pp. 310–314, 1966.
- E. Carlsen and A. B. Bergan, “Loop ileostomy: technical aspects and complications,” European Journal of Surgery, vol. 165, no. 2, pp. 140–144, 1999.
- D. F. Altomare, O. C. Pannarale, L. Lupo, N. Palasciano, V. Memeo, and M. Rubino, “Protective colostomy closure: the hazards of a “minor” operation,” International Journal of Colorectal Disease, vol. 5, no. 2, pp. 73–78, 1990.
- K. P. Singh, K. Singh, and J. S. Kohli, “Choice of surgical procedure in typhoid perforation: experience in 42 cases,” Journal of the Indian Medical Association, vol. 89, no. 9, pp. 255–256, 1991.
- H. N. Ahmed, M. P. Niaz, M. A. Amin, M. H. Khan, and A. B. Parhar, “Typhoid perforation still a common problem: situation in Pakistan in comparison to other countries of Low Human Development,” Journal of the Pakistan Medical Association, vol. 56, no. 5, pp. 230–232, 2006.
- M. Kairaluoma, H. Rissanen, V. Kultti, J. P. Mecklin, and I. Kellokumpu, “Outcome of temporary stomas: a prospective study of temporary intestinal stomas constructed between 1989 and 1996,” Digestive Surgery, vol. 19, no. 1, pp. 45–51, 2002.
- J. H. Saghir, F. D. McKenzie, D. M. Leckie et al., “Factors that predict complications after construction of a stoma: a retrospective study,” European Journal of Surgery, vol. 167, no. 7, pp. 531–534, 2001.
- J. J. Park, A. Del Pino, C. P. Orsay et al., “Stoma complications: the Cook County Hospital experience,” Diseases of the Colon and Rectum, vol. 42, no. 12, pp. 1575–1580, 1999.
- G. C. O'Toole, J. M. P. Hyland, D. C. Grant, and M. K. Barry, “Defunctioning loop ileostomy: a prospective audit,” Journal of the American College of Surgeons, vol. 188, no. 1, pp. 6–9, 1999.
- G. Z. Mak, F. J. Harberg, P. Hiatt, A. Deaton, R. Calhoon, and M. L. Brandt, “T-tube ileostomy for meconium ileus: four decades of experience,” Journal of Pediatric Surgery, vol. 35, no. 2, pp. 349–352, 2000.
- E. A. Lizarralde, “Typhoid perforation of the ileum in children,” Journal of Pediatric Surgery, vol. 16, no. 6, pp. 1012–1016, 1981.
- M. Rygl, K. Pycha, Z. Stranak et al., “T-tube ileostomy for intestinal perforation in extremely low birth weight neonates,” Pediatric Surgery International, vol. 23, no. 7, pp. 685–688, 2007.
- K. Hojo, “Total colectomy, rectal mucosectomy and ileoanal anastomosis for familial polyposis coli - use of tube ileostomy,” Japanese Journal of Clinical Oncology, vol. 15, no. 4, pp. 661–669, 1985.
- H. D. W. M. Van De Pavoordt, V. W. Fazio, D. G. Jagelman, I. C. Lavery, and F. L. Weakley, “The oucome of loop ileostomy closure in 293 cases,” International Journal of Colorectal Disease, vol. 2, no. 4, pp. 214–217, 1987.
- S. M. Feinberg, R. S. McLeod, and Z. Cohen, “Complications of loop ileostomy,” American Journal of Surgery, vol. 153, no. 1, pp. 102–107, 1987.
- S. D. Wexner, D. A. Taranow, O. B. Johansen et al., “Loop ileostomy is a safe option for fecal diversion,” Diseases of the Colon and Rectum, vol. 36, no. 4, pp. 349–354, 1993.
- S. A. García-Botello, J. García-Armengol, E. García-Granero et al., “A prospective audit of the complications of loop ileostomy construction and takedown,” Digestive Surgery, vol. 21, no. 5-6, pp. 440–446, 2004.
- A. M. Metcalf, R. R. Dozois, and R. W. Beart Jr., “Temporary ileostomy for ileal pouch-anal anastomosis: function and complications,” Diseases of the Colon and Rectum, vol. 29, no. 5, pp. 300–303, 1986.
- H. Hasegawa, S. Radley, D. G. Morton, and M. R. B. Keighley, “Stapled versus sutured closure of loop ileostomy. A randomized controlled trial,” Annals of Surgery, vol. 231, no. 2, pp. 202–204, 2000.
- F. Rondelli, R. Balzarotti, W. Bugiantella, L. Mariani, R. Pugliese, and E. Mariani, “Temporary percutaneous ileostomy versus conventional loop ileostomy in mechanical extraperitoneal colorectal anastomosis: a retrospective study,” European Journal of Surgical Oncology, vol. 38, no. 11, pp. 1065–1070, 2012.