- About this Journal ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 549875, 6 pages
miR-320 Regulates Glucose-Induced Gene Expression in Diabetes
1Department of Pathology, Western University, London, ON, Canada N6A 5C1
2London Health Science Centre, 339 Windermere Road, London, ON, Canada N6A 5A5
Received 18 April 2012; Accepted 22 June 2012
Academic Editors: C. Bizzarri, J. Mittag, and H. Tamemoto
Copyright © 2012 Biao Feng and Subrata Chakrabarti. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- A. Zampetaki and M. Mayr, “MicroRNAs in vascular and metabolic disease,” Circulation Research, vol. 110, no. 3, pp. 508–522, 2012.
- Y. Li, Y. H. Song, F. Li, T. Yang, Y. W. Lu, and Y. J. Geng, “MicroRNA-221 regulates high glucose-induced endothelial dysfunction,” Biochemical and Biophysical Research Communications, vol. 381, no. 1, pp. 81–83, 2009.
- E. E. Creemers, A. J. Tijsen, and Y. M. Pinto, “Circulating MicroRNAs: novel biomarkers and extracellular communicators in cardiovascular disease?” Circulation Research, vol. 110, no. 3, pp. 483–495, 2012.
- B. S. Kasinath and D. Feliers, “The complex world of kidney MicroRNAs,” Kidney International, vol. 80, no. 4, pp. 334–337, 2011.
- D. Landi, F. Gemignani, and S. Landi, “Role of variations within microRNA-binding sites in cancer,” Mutagenesis, vol. 27, no. 2, pp. 205–210, 2012.
- J. Liu, M. A. Valencia-Sanchez, G. J. Hannon, and R. Parker, “MicroRNA-dependent localization of targeted mRNAs to mammalian P-bodies,” Nature Cell Biology, vol. 7, no. 7, pp. 719–723, 2005.
- L. He and G. J. Hannon, “MicroRNAs: small RNAs with a big role in gene regulation,” Nature Reviews Genetics, vol. 5, no. 7, pp. 522–531, 2004.
- Z. Yang and L. Wang, “Regulation of MicroRNA expression and function by nuclear receptor signaling,” Cell and Bioscience, vol. 1, no. 1, article 31, 2011.
- A. S. Flynt and E. C. Lai, “Biological principles of microRNA-mediated regulation: shared themes amid diversity,” Nature Reviews Genetics, vol. 9, no. 11, pp. 831–842, 2008.
- K. McArthur, B. Feng, Y. Wu, S. Chen, and S. Chakrabarti, “MicroRNA-200b regulates vascular endothelial growth factor-mediated alterations in diabetic retinopathy,” Diabetes, vol. 60, no. 4, pp. 1314–1323, 2011.
- B. Feng, S. Chen, K. McArthur et al., “miR-146a-mediated extracellular matrix protein production in chronic diabetes complications,” Diabetes, vol. 60, no. 11, pp. 2975–2984, 2011.
- M. Kato, J. Zhang, M. Wang et al., “MicroRNA-192 in diabetic kidney glomeruli and its function in TGF-β-induced collagen expression via inhibition of E-box repressors,” Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America, vol. 104, no. 9, pp. 3432–3437, 2007.
- A. Carè, D. Catalucci, F. Felicetti et al., “MicroRNA-133 controls cardiac hypertrophy,” Nature Medicine, vol. 13, no. 5, pp. 613–618, 2007.
- C. G. Schalkwijk and C. D. A. Stehouwer, “Vascular complications in diabetes mellitus: the role of endothelial dysfunction,” Clinical Science, vol. 109, no. 2, pp. 143–159, 2005.
- S. Chen, M. D. Apostolova, M. G. Cherian, and S. Chakrabarti, “Interaction of endothelin-1 with vasoactive factors in mediating glucose-induced increased permeability in endothelial cells,” Laboratory Investigation, vol. 80, no. 8, pp. 1311–1321, 2000.
- M. Brownlee, “Biochemistry and molecular cell biology of diabetic complications,” Nature, vol. 414, no. 6865, pp. 813–820, 2001.
- A. P. Lakshmanan, R. A. Thandavarayan, K. Watanabe et al., “Modulation of AT-1R/MAPK cascade by an olmesartan treatment attenuates diabetic nephropathy in streptozotocin-induced diabetic mice,” Molecular and Cellular Endocrinology, vol. 348, no. 1, pp. 104–111, 2012.
- A. P. Lakshmanan, M. Harima, V. Sukumaran et al., “Modulation of AT-1R/AMPK-MAPK cascade plays crucial role for the pathogenesis of diabetic cardiomyopathy in transgenic type 2 diabetic (Spontaneous Diabetic Torii) rats,” Biochemical Pharmacology, vol. 83, no. 5, pp. 653–660, 2012.
- X. Xin, Z. A. Khan, S. Chen, and S. Chakrabarti, “Extracellular signal-regulated kinase (ERK) in glucose-induced and endothelin-mediated fibronectin synthesis,” Laboratory Investigation, vol. 84, no. 11, pp. 1451–1459, 2004.
- X. P. Ren, J. Wu, X. Wang et al., “MicroRNA-320 is involved in the regulation of cardiac ischemia/reperfusion injury by targeting heat-shock protein 20,” Circulation, vol. 119, no. 17, pp. 2357–2366, 2009.
- A. Zampetaki, S. Kiechl, I. Drozdov et al., “Plasma MicroRNA profiling reveals loss of endothelial miR-126 and other MicroRNAs in type 2 diabetes,” Circulation Research, vol. 107, no. 6, pp. 810–817, 2010.
- X. H. Wang, R. Z. Qian, W. Zhang, S. F. Chen, H. M. Jin, and R. M. Hu, “MicroRNA-320 expression in myocardial microvascular endothelial cells and its relationship with insulin-like growth factor-1 in type 2 diabetic rats,” Clinical and Experimental Pharmacology and Physiology, vol. 36, no. 2, pp. 181–188, 2009.
- B. Feng, S. Chen, B. George, Q. Feng, and S. Chakrabarti, “miR133a regulates cardiomyocyte hypertrophy in diabetes,” Diabetes/Metabolism Research and Reviews, vol. 26, no. 1, pp. 40–49, 2010.
- C. Wang, B. George, S. Chen, B. Feng, X. Li, and S. Chakrabarti, “Genotoxic stress and activation of novel DNA repair enzymes in human endothelial cells and in the retinas and kidneys of streptozotocin diabetic rats,” Diabetes/Metabolism Research and Reviews, vol. 28, no. 4, pp. 329–337, 2012.