- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
ISRN Software Engineering
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 561502, 9 pages
State-Model-Based Regression Test Reduction for Component-Based Software
Department of Computer Science and Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur 721302, India
Received 25 July 2012; Accepted 16 August 2012
Academic Editors: D. Tang and R. J. Walker
Copyright © 2012 Tamal Sen and Rajib Mall. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- Y. Wu, D. Pan, and M. H. Chen, “Techniques of maintaining evolving component-based software,” in Proceedings of the IEEE Interantional Conference on Software Maintenance (ICMS '00), pp. 236–246, October 2000.
- S. Beydeda and V. Gruhn, “Black- and white-box self-testing cots components,” in Proceedings of the International Conference on Software Engineering and Knowledge Engineering, pp. 104–109, 2004.
- C. Mao, “Built-in regression testing for component-based software systems,” in Conference on Computer Software and Application, vol. 2, pp. 723–728, July 2007.
- C. R. Rocha and E. Martins, “A method for model based test harness generation for component testing,” Journal of the Brazilian Computer Society, vol. 14, no. 1, pp. 7–23, 2008.
- A. S. M. Sajeev and B. Wibowo, “UML modeling for regression testing of component based systems,” Electronic Notes in Theoretical Computer Science, vol. 82, no. 6, pp. 190–198, 2003.
- A. Podgurski and L. A. Clarke, “A formal model of program dependences and its implications for software testing, debugging, and maintenance,” IEEE Transactions on Software Engineering, vol. 16, no. 9, pp. 965–979, 1990.
- Y. Pan, D. Pan, and M. H. Chen, “Slicing component-based systems,” in Proceedings of the 10th IEEE International Conference on Engineering of Complex Computer Systems (ICECCS '05), pp. 155–164, June 2005.
- K. J. Ottenstein and L. O. Ottenstein, “The program dependence graph in a software development environment,” in Software Development Environments (SDE), pp. 177–184, 1984.
- S. Horwitz, “Identifying the semantic and textural differences between two versions of a program,” in Proceedings of the Conference on Programming Language Design and Implementation (PLDI '90), pp. 234–245, June 1990.
- L. Larsen and M. J. Harrold, “Slicing object-oriented software,” in Proceedings of the 18th International Conference on Software Engineering (ICSE '96), pp. 495–505, March 1996.
- D. Liang and M. J. Harrold, “Slicing objects using system dependence graphs,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Software Maintenance (ICSM '98), pp. 358–367, November 1998.
- N. Walkinshaw, M. Roper, and M. Wood, “The java system dependence graph. In,” in International Working Conference on Source Code Analysis and Manipulation, pp. 55–64, 2003.
- J. Z. Gao, D. C. Kung, P. Hsia, Y. Toyoshima, and C. Chen, “Object statetesting for object-oriented programs,” in Conferenceon Computer Software and Application, pp. 232–238, 1995.
- J. Z. Gao, D. C. Kung, and P. Hsia, “An object state test model: object state diagram,” in Proceedings of the Conference of the Centre for Advanced Studies on Collaborative Research (CASCON '95), p. 23, 1995.
- D. C. Kung, N. Suchak, J. Gao, P. Hsia, Y. Toyoshima, and C. Chen, “On object state testing,” in Proceedings of the 18th Annual International Computer Software & Applications Conference, pp. 222–227, November 1994.
- Mathworks, Simulink stateflow, http://www.mathworks.com/products/stateflow/.
- D. Harel and E. Gery, “Executable object modeling with statecharts,” Computer, vol. 30, no. 7, pp. 31–42, 1997.
- P. C. Mehlitz, “Trust your model—verifying aerospace system models with Java Pathfinder,” in Proceedings of the IEEE Aerospace, March 2008.
- I. A. Niaz and J. Tanaka, “Mappinguml statecharts to java code,” in Proceedings of the The International Association of Science and Technology for Development, Software Engineering, pp. 111–116, 2004.
- E. Gamma, R. Helm, R. Johnson, and J. Vlissides, Design Patterns: Elements of Reusable Object-Oriented Software, Addison-Wesley, Massachusetts, Mass, USA, 1995.
- G. Rothermel and M. J. Harrold, “Selecting regression tests for object-oriented software,” in Proceedings of the International Conference on Software Maintenance (ICSM '94), pp. 14–25, May 1994.
- S. Beydeda and V. Gruhn, “Testing component-based systems using fsms,” in Testing Commercial-off-the-Shelf Components and Systems, S. Beydeda and V. Gruhn, Eds., pp. 363–379, Springer, Berlin, Germany, 2005.
- C. Mao, Y. Lu, and J. Zhang, “Regression testing for component-based software via built-in test design,” in ACM Symposium on Applied Computing, pp. 1416–1421, March 2007.
- A. Orso, M. J. Harrold, D. Rosenblum, G. Rothermel, M. L. Soffa, and H. Do, “Using component metacontent to support the regression testing of component-based software,” in Proceedings IEEE International Conference on Software Maintenance (ICSM '01), pp. 716–725, November 2001.
- G. Rothermel, M. J. Harrold, and J. Dedhia, “Regression test selection for C++ software,” Software Testing, Verification and Reliability, vol. 10, no. 2, pp. 77–109, 2000.
- H. S. Hong, Y. R. Kwon, and S. Deok Cha, “Testing of object-oriented programs based on finite state machines,” in Proceedings of the Software Engineering Conference, pp. 234–241, Asia Pacific, December 1995.