- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 575120, 8 pages
Cutaneous T-Cell Lymphoma in Asians
Department of Dermatology, Kosin University College of Medicine, 34 Amnam-Dong, Seo-gu, Busan 602-702, Republic of Korea
Received 22 April 2012; Accepted 20 May 2012
Academic Editors: S.-C. Chao and E. Poblet
Copyright © 2012 Min Soo Jang et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- V. D. Criscione and M. A. Weinstock, “Incidence of cutaneous T-cell lymphoma in the United States, 1973–2002,” Archives of Dermatology, vol. 143, no. 7, pp. 854–859, 2007.
- M. W. Lee and Korean Dermatopathology Research Group, “Characteristics of cutaneous lymphomas in Korea,” Clinical and Experimental Dermatology, vol. 28, no. 6, pp. 639–646, 2003.
- A. Fujita, T. Hamada, and K. Iwatsuki, “Retrospective analysis of 133 patients with cutaneous lymphomas from a single Japanese medical center between 1995 and 2008,” The Journal of Dermatology, vol. 38, no. 6, pp. 524–530, 2011.
- M. A. Weinstock and J. W. Horm, “Mycosis fungoides in the United States. Increasing incidence and descriptive epidemiology,” The Journal of the American Medical Association, vol. 260, no. 1, pp. 42–46, 1988.
- M. A. Weinstock and B. Gardstein, “Twenty-year trends in the reported incidence of mycosis fungoides and associated mortality,” American Journal of Public Health, vol. 89, no. 8, pp. 1240–1244, 1999.
- P. T. Bradford, S. S. Devesa, W. F. Anderson, and J. R. Toro, “Cutaneous lymphoma incidence patterns in the United States: a population-based study of 3884 cases,” Blood, vol. 113, no. 21, pp. 5064–5073, 2009.
- D. Jenni, M. B. Karpova, B. Seifert et al., “Primary cutaneous lymphoma: two-decade comparison in a population of 263 cases from a Swiss tertiary referral centre,” British The Journal of Dermatology, vol. 164, no. 5, pp. 1071–1077, 2011.
- T. Nagasawa, H. Miwa, S. I. Nakatsuka, S. Itami, K. Yoshikawa, and K. Aozasa, “Characteristics of cutaneous lymphomas in Osaka, Japan (1988–1999) based on the European organization for research and treatment of cancer classification,” American Journal of Dermatopathology, vol. 22, no. 6, pp. 510–514, 2000.
- J. B. Liao, S. S. Chuang, H. C. Chen, H. H. Tseng, J. S. Wang, and P. P. Hsieh, “Clinicopathologic analysis of cutaneous lymphoma in Taiwan: a high frequency of extranodal natural killer/T-cell lymphoma, nasal type, with an extremely poor prognosis,” Archives of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, vol. 134, no. 7, pp. 996–1002, 2010.
- D. V. Kazakov, G. Burg, and W. Kempf, “Clinicopathological spectrum of mycosis fungoides,” Journal of the European Academy of Dermatology and Venereology, vol. 18, no. 4, pp. 397–415, 2004.
- S. Morizane, N. Setsu, T. Yamamoto et al., “Ichthyosiform eruptions in association with primary cutaneous T-cell lymphomas,” British The Journal of Dermatology, vol. 161, no. 1, pp. 115–120, 2009.
- E. Hodak, I. Amitay, M. Feinmesser, A. Aviram, and M. David, “Ichthyosiform mycosis fungoides: an atypical variant of cutaneous T-cell lymphoma,” Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology, vol. 50, no. 3, pp. 368–374, 2004.
- A. V. Marzano, A. Borghi, M. Facchetti, and E. Alessi, “Ichthyosiform mycosis fungoides,” Dermatology, vol. 204, no. 2, pp. 124–129, 2002.
- R. Akaraphanth, M. C. Douglass, and H. W. Lim, “Hypopigmented mycosis fungoides: treatment and a 6(1/2)-year follow-up of 9 patients,” Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology, vol. 42, no. 1 I, pp. 33–39, 2000.
- J. W. Ko, J. Y. Seong, K. S. Suh, and S. T. Kim, “Pityriasis lichenoides-like mycosis fungoides in children,” British The Journal of Dermatology, vol. 142, no. 2, pp. 347–352, 2000.
- S. T. Kim, Y. S. Jeon, H. J. Sim et al., “Clinicopathologic features and T-cell receptor gene rearrangement findings of mycosis fungoides palmaris et plantaris,” Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology, vol. 54, no. 3, pp. 466–471, 2006.
- S. T. Kim, H. J. Sim, Y. S. Jeon et al., “Clinicopathological features and T-cell receptor gene rearrangement findings of mycosis fungoides in patients younger than age 20 years,” The Journal of Dermatology, vol. 36, no. 7, pp. 392–402, 2009.
- L. Cerroni, K. Gatter, and H. Kerl, Skin Lymphoma: The Illustrated Guide, Wiley-Blackwell, London, UK, 2009.
- Q. A. Alsaleh, A. Nanda, H. Al-Ajmi et al., “Clinicoepidemiological features of mycosis fungoides in Kuwait, 1991–2006,” International The Journal of Dermatology, vol. 49, no. 12, pp. 1393–1398, 2010.
- S. M. Breathnach, P. H. McKee, and N. P. Smith, “Hypopigmented mycosis fungoides: report of five cases with ultrastructural observations,” British The Journal of Dermatology, vol. 106, no. 6, pp. 643–649, 1982.
- A. Nanda, Q. A. Alsaleh, H. Al-Ajmi et al., “Mycosis fungoides in arab children and adolescents: a report of 36 patients from Kuwait,” Pediatric Dermatology, vol. 27, no. 6, pp. 607–613, 2010.
- K. Aozasa, T. Takakuwa, T. Hongyo, and W. I. Yang, “Nasal NK/T-cell lymphoma: epidemiology and pathogenesis,” International Journal of Hematology, vol. 87, no. 2, pp. 110–117, 2008.
- R. Aoki, K. Karube, Y. Sugita et al., “Distribution of malignant lymphoma in Japan: analysis of 2260 cases, 2001–2006,” Pathology International, vol. 58, no. 3, pp. 174–182, 2008.
- E. S. Jaffe, J. K. C. Chan, I. J. Su et al., “Report of the workshop on nasal and related extranodal angiocentric T/natural killer cell lymphomas: definitions, differential diagnosis, and epidemiology,” The American Journal of Surgical Pathology, vol. 20, no. 1, pp. 103–111, 1996.
- K. H. Cho and H. S. Park, “EBV associated NK/T cell lymphoma,” in Asian Skin and Skin Diseases, H. C. Eun, S. C. Kim, and W. S. Lee, Eds., pp. 415–422, MEDRANG Inc., Seoul, South Korea, 2011.
- X. Chen, D. S. Pepper, and J. R. Arrand, “Prevalence of the A and B types of Epstein-Barr virus DNA in nasopharyngeal carcinoma biopsies from Southern China,” Journal of General Virology, vol. 73, no. 2, part 2, pp. 463–466, 1992.
- L. Quintanilla-Martinez, H. Kimura, E. S. Jaffe, et al., “EBV-positive T-cell lymphoproliferative disorders of childhood,” in WHO Classification of Tumours of Haematopoeitic and Lymphoid Tissues, S. H. Swerdlow, E. Campo, N. L. Harris, et al., Eds., pp. 278–280, IARC Press, Lyon, France, 2008.
- H. C. Lin, S. C. Chao, K. C. Chang, and J. Y. Y. Lee, “Hydroa vacciniforme-like lymphoma: a case report and literature review,” Dermatologica Sinica, vol. 28, no. 4, pp. 167–172, 2010.
- H. H. Chen, C. H. Hsiao, and H. C. Chiu, “Hydroa vacciniforme-like primary cutaneous CD8-positive T-cell lymphoma,” British The Journal of Dermatology, vol. 147, no. 3, pp. 587–591, 2002.
- M. S. Jang, J. W. Baek, D. Y. Kang, J. S. Kang, K. S. Suh, and S. T. Kim, “Subcutaneous panniculitis-like T-cell lymphoma: successful treatment with systemic steroid alone,” The Journal of Dermatology, vol. 39, no. 1, pp. 96–99, 2012.
- M. Saunes, T. I. Lund Nilsen, and T. B. Johannesen, “Incidence of primary cutaneous T-cell lymphoma in Norway,” British The Journal of Dermatology, vol. 160, no. 2, pp. 376–379, 2009.
- Z. Parveen and K. Thompson, “Subcutaneous panniculitis-like T-cell lymphoma redefinition of diagnostic criteria in the recent world health organization-European organization for research and treatment of cancer classification for cutaneous lymphomas,” Archives of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, vol. 133, no. 2, pp. 303–308, 2009.
- F. A. Proietti, A. B. F. Carneiro-Proietti, B. C. Catalan-Soares, and E. L. Murphy, “Global epidemiology of HTLV-I infection and associated diseases,” Oncogene, vol. 24, no. 39, pp. 6058–6068, 2005.
- Y. Y. Lee, H. D. Lee, C. W. Seo, et al., “Seroepidemiology of human T-cell leukemia virus type I(HTLV-I) in the Republic of Korea,” The Korean Journal of Internal Medicine, vol. 31, pp. 141–147, 1986.
- D. H. Kim, J. S. Ha, and Y. R. Do, “Adult T-cell leukemia/lymphoma with CLL-like morphology,” Korean Journal of Hematology, vol. 46, no. 1, article 9, 2011.