- About this Journal ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 583015, 5 pages
EPR and Optical Absorption Spectral Investigations of Cu2+ in Bi2O3-ZnO-B2O3-Li2O Glasses
Department of Physics, Osmania University, Hyderabad 500 007, India
Received 25 February 2012; Accepted 28 March 2012
Academic Editors: W. A. Badawy, J. Casado, and M. Mączka
Copyright © 2012 Shashidhar Bale and Syed Rahman. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- R. H. Sands, “Synchrotron oscillations induced by radiation fluctuations,” Physical Review, vol. 97, no. 2, pp. 470–473, 1955.
- H. Imagava, “Polariton dispersion in biaxial and uniaxial crystals,” Physica Status Solidi, vol. 30, no. 2, pp. 449–454, 1968.
- L. D. Bogomolowa, “The effects of copper impurity in vanadate and tungsten-phosphate glasses,” Journal of Non-Crystalline Solids, vol. 30, no. 3, pp. 379–383, 1979.
- D. L. Griscom and R. E. Griscom, “Paramagnetic resonance of Mn2+ in glasses and compounds of the lithium borate system,” Journal of Chemical Physics, vol. 47, no. 8, pp. 2711–2722, 1967.
- C. Stehle, C. Vira, D. Vira, D. Hogan, S. Feller, and M. Affatigato, “Optical and physical properties of bismuth borate glasses related to structure,” Physics and Chemistry of Glasses, vol. 39, no. 2, pp. 83–86, 1998.
- S. Bale, N. S. Rao, and S. Rahman, “Spectroscopic studies of Bi2O3–Li2O–ZnO–B2O3 glasses,” Solid State Sciences, vol. 10, no. 3, pp. 326–331, 2008.
- S. Bale, M. Purnima, C. H. Srinivasu, and S. Rahman, “Vibrational spectra and structure of bismuth based quaternary glasses,” Journal of Alloys and Compounds, vol. 457, no. 1-2, pp. 545–548, 2008.
- N. Srinivasa Rao, S. Bale, M. Purnima, K. Siva Kumar, and S. Rahman, “Optical absorption and electron spin resonance studies of Cu2+ in Li2O–Na2O–B2O3–As2O3 glasses,” Bulletin of Materials Science, vol. 28, no. 6, pp. 589–592, 2005.
- B. Sumalatha, I. Omkaram, T. R. Rao, and Ch. L. Raju, “Alkaline earth zinc borate glasses doped with Cu2+ ions studied by EPR, optical and IR techniques,” Journal of Non-Crystalline Solids, vol. 357, no. 16-17, pp. 3143–3152, 2011.
- I. Ardelean, M. Peteanu, R. Ciceo-Lucacel, and I. Bratu, “Structural investigation of CuO containing strontium-borate glasses by means of EPR and IR spectrometry,” Journal of Materials Science, vol. 11, no. 1, pp. 11–16, 2000.
- G. Ramadevudu, M. Shareefuddin, N. Sunitha Bai, M. L. Rao, and M. N. Chary, “Electron paramagnetic resonance and optical absorption studies of Cu2+ spin probe in MgO–Na2O–B2O3 ternary glasses,” Journal of Non-Crystalline Solids, vol. 278, no. 1–3, pp. 205–212, 2000.
- S. Bale and S. Rahman, “Optical absorption and EPR studies on (70 − x)Bi2O3––Li2O–30(ZnO–B2O3) (0 ≤ x ≤ 20) glasses,” Journal of Non-Crystalline Solids, vol. 355, no. 43-44, pp. 2127–2133, 2009.
- O. Cozar, D. A. Magdas, and I. Ardelean, “EPR study of molybdenum-lead-phosphate glasses,” Journal of Non-Crystalline Solids, vol. 354, no. 10-11, pp. 1032–1035, 2008.
- B. Bleaney, K. D. Bowers, and D. J. E. Ingram, “Paramagnetic resonance in diluted copper salts. I. Hyperfine structure in diluted copper tutton salts,” Proceedings of the Royal Society A, vol. 228, no. 1173, pp. 147–157, 1955.
- H. Kawazoe, H. Hosono, and T. Kanazawa, “Electronic structure and properties of oxide glasses (I) π-electron distribution on alkali borate glass networks,” Journal of Non-Crystalline Solids, vol. 29, no. 2, pp. 159–171, 1978.
- A. H. Maki and B. R. McGarvey, “Electron spin resonance in transition metal chelates. I. Copper (II) bis-acetylacetonate,” The Journal of Chemical Physics, vol. 29, no. 1, article 31, 4 pages, 1958.
- D. Kivelson and R. Neiman, “ESR studies on the bonding in copper complexes,” The Journal of Chemical Physics, vol. 35, no. 2, 7 pages, 1961.
- I. Siegel and J. A. Lorenc, “Paramagnetic resonance of copper in amorphous and polycrystalline GeO2,” The Journal of Chemical Physics, vol. 45, no. 6, article 2315, 6 pages, 1966.
- T. Bates, Modern Aspects of the Vitreous State, vol. 2, Butterworths, London, UK, 1962.
- C. K. Jorgensen, “Comparative crystal field studies of some ligands and the lowest singlet state of paramagnetic nickel(II) complexes,” Acta Chemica Scandinavica, vol. 9, pp. 1362–1377, 1955.
- A. H. Dietzel, “On the so-called mixed alkali effect,” Physics and Chemistry of Glasses, vol. 24, no. 6, pp. 172–180, 1983.
- B. V. Raghavaiah, C. Laxmikanth, and N. Veeraiah, “Spectroscopic studies of titanium ions in PbO–Sb2O3–As2O3 glass system,” Optics Communications, vol. 235, no. 4–6, pp. 341–349, 2004.
- G. van Veen, “Simulation and analysis of EPR spectra of paramagnetic ions in powders,” Journal of Magnetic Resonance, vol. 30, no. 1, pp. 91–109, 1978.
- H. G. Hetch and T. S. Johnston, “Study of the structure of vanadium in soda—boric oxide glasses,” The Journal of Chemical Physics, vol. 46, no. 1, article 23, 12 pages, 1967.
- J. A. Duffy and M. D. Ingram, “Establishment of an optical scale for lewis basicity in inorganic oxyacids, molten salts, and glasses,” Journal of the American Chemical Society, vol. 93, no. 24, pp. 6448–6454, 1971.
- J. A. Duffy, “Electronic polarisability and related properties of the oxide ion,” Physics and Chemistry of Glasses, vol. 30, no. 1, pp. 1–4, 1989.
- R. W. Young, J. A. Duffy, G. J. Hassall, and Z. Xu, “Use of optical basicity concept for determining phosphorus and sulfur slag-metal partitions,” Ironmaking and Steelmaking, vol. 19, no. 3, pp. 201–219, 1992.
- S. Sindhu, S. Sanghi, A. Agarwal, V. P. Seth, and N. Kishore, “Effect of Bi2O3 content on the optical band gap, density and electrical conductivity of MO·Bi2O3·B2O3 (M = Ba, Sr) glasses,” Materials Chemistry and Physics, vol. 90, no. 1, pp. 83–89, 2005.
- R. P. Sreekanth Chakradhar, B. Yasoda, J. L. Rao, and N. O. Gopal, “Mixed alkali effect in Li2O–Na2O–B2O3 glasses containing Fe2O3—an EPR and optical absorption study,” Materials Research Bulletin, vol. 41, no. 9, pp. 1646–1656, 2006.