- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
ISRN Chemical Engineering
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 601458, 5 pages
Determination of Oxygen Solubility in Liquid Media
1Chemical and Food Engineering Department, Federal University of Santa Catarina (UFSC), P.O. Box 476, 88040-900 Florianópolis, SC, Brazil
2Microbiology, Immunology and Parasitology Department, Federal University of Santa Catarina (UFSC), P.O. Box 476, 88040-900 Florianópolis, SC, Brazil
Received 23 February 2012; Accepted 26 April 2012
Academic Editors: G. Bayramoglu and A. Brucato
Copyright © 2012 Francielo Vendruscolo et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- W. Schmidell, “Transferência de oxigênio em biorreatores,” in Biotecnologia Industrial, W. Schmidell, W. Borzani, U. A. Lima, and E. Aquarone, Eds., vol. 2, pp. 380–410, Edgard Blücher, São Paulo, Brazil, 2001.
- O. Käppeli and A. Fiechter, “A convenient method for the determination of oxygen solubility in different solutions,” Biotechnology and Bioengineering, vol. 23, pp. 1897–1901, 1981.
- L. W. Winkler, “Die Bestimmung des im Wasser gelösten Sauerstoffes,” Berichte der Deutschen Chemischen Gesellschaft, vol. 21, pp. 2843–2855, 1888.
- P. Doran, Bioprocess Engineering Principles, Elsevier Science & Technology Books, Australia, 1995.
- H. W. Blanch and D. S. Clark, Biochemical Engineering, New York, NY, USA, 1997.
- F. Vendruscolo, L. O. Pitol, B. A. M. Carciofi et al., “Construction and application a vane system in a rotational rheometer for determination of the rheological properties of Monascus ruber CCT 3802,” Journal of Biorheology, pp. 1–7, 2010.
- A. Gupta and G. Rao, “A study of oxygen transfer in shake flasks using a non-invasive oxygen sensor,” Biotechnology and Bioengineering, vol. 84, no. 3, pp. 351–358, 2003.
- J. Pérez, J. L. Montesinos, and F. Gòdia, “Gas-liquid mass transfer in an up-flow cocurrent packed-bed biofilm reactor,” Biochemical Engineering Journal, vol. 31, no. 3, pp. 188–196, 2006.
- F. Garcia-Ochoa and E. Gomez, “Bioreactor scale-up and oxygen transfer rate in microbial processes: an overview,” Biotechnology Advances, vol. 27, no. 2, pp. 153–176, 2009.
- G. J. Clark, D. Langley, and M. E. Bushell, “Oxygen limitation can induce microbial secondary metabolite formation: investigations with miniature electrodes in shaker and bioreactor culture,” Microbiology, vol. 141, no. 3, pp. 663–669, 1995.
- W. Katzer, M. Blackburn, K. Charman, S. Martin, J. Penn, and S. Wrigley, “Scale-up of filamentous organisms from tubes and shake-flasks into stirred vessels,” Biochemical Engineering Journal, vol. 7, no. 2, pp. 127–134, 2001.
- J. B. Gros, C. G. Dussap, and M. Catté, “Estimation of O2 and CO2 solubility in microbial culture media,” Biotechnology Progress, vol. 15, no. 5, pp. 923–927, 1999.
- Y. Shi, D. D. Y. Ryu, and S. H. Park, “Performance of mammalian cell culture bioreactor with a new impeller design,” Biotechnology and Bioengineering, vol. 40, no. 2, pp. 260–270, 1992.
- E. Gnaiger, “Oxygen calibration and solubility in experimental media,” Mitochondrial Physiology Network, vol. 6, pp. 1–12, 2010.
- R. M. Meinicke, F. Vendruscolo, D. E. Moritz, et al., “Potential use of glycerol as substrate for the production of red pigments by Monascus ruber in submerged fermentation,” Biocatalysis and Agricultural Biotechnology, vol. 1, pp. 238–242, 2012.
- G. L. Miller, “Use of dinitrosalicylic acid reagent for determination of reducing sugar,” Analytical Chemistry, vol. 31, no. 3, pp. 426–428, 1959.
- H. Hajjaj, A. Klaébé, M. O. Loret, T. Tzédakis, G. Goma, and P. J. Blanc, “Production and identification of N-glucosylrubropunctamine and N-glucosylmonascorubramine from Monascus ruber and occurrence of electron donor-acceptor complexes in these red pigments,” Applied and Environmental Microbiology, vol. 63, no. 7, pp. 2671–2678, 1997.
- M. J. Rossi, Tecnologia para produção de inoculantes de fungos ectomicorrízicos utilizando cultivo submerso em biorreator airlift [Tese de Doutorado], Universidade Federal de Santa Catarina, Florianópolis, Brazil, 2006.
- H. J. Henzler and D. J. Kauling, “Oxygenation of cell cultures,” Bioprocess Engineering, vol. 9, no. 2-3, pp. 61–75, 1993.
- Kothandaraman, “Effects of contaminants on reaeration rates in river water,” Journal of the Water Pollution Control Federation, vol. 43, no. 5, pp. 806–817, 1971.
- P. J. Slininger, R. J. Petroski, J. Bothast, M. R. Ladisch, and M. R. Okos, “Measurement of oxygen solubility in fermentation media: a colorimetric method,” Biotechnology and Bioengineering, vol. 33, pp. 578–583, 1989.
- M. Popovic, H. Niebelschiitz, and M. Reub, “Oxygen solubilities in fermentation fluids,” European Journal of Applied Microbiology and Biotechnology, vol. 8, no. 1, 1979.