- About this Journal ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
ISRN Artificial Intelligence
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 609718, 6 pages
Hepatitis Disease Diagnosis Using Hybrid Case Based Reasoning and Particle Swarm Optimization
1Department of Computer Science, Shirvan Branch, Islamic Azad University, Shirvan 91738, Iran
2Department of Computer Engineering, Shirvan Branch, Islamic Azad University, Shirvan 92457, Iran
3Department of Computer Science and Software Engineering, Shirvan Branch, Islamic Azad University, Shirvan 92174, Iran
Received 14 March 2012; Accepted 3 May 2012
Academic Editors: R.-S. Chen and R. Rada
Copyright © 2012 Mehdi Neshat et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- P. J. G. Lisboa, E. C. Ifeachor, and P. S. Szczepaniak, Artificial Neural Networks in Biomedicine, Springer, London, UK, 2000.
- M. Neshat and M. Yaghobi, “FESHDD: fuzzy expert system for hepatitis B diseases diagnosis,” in Proceedings of the 5th International Conference on Soft Computing, Computing with Words and Perceptions in System Analysis, Decision and Control (ICSCCW '09), Cyprus, September 2009.
- M. Neshat and M. Yaghobi, “Designing a fuzzy expert system of diagnosing the hepatitis B intensity rate and comparing it with adaptive neural network fuzzy system,” in Proceedings of the World Congress on Engineering and Computer Science, San Francisco, Calif, USA, October 2009.
- T. W. Liao, “An investigation of a hybrid CBR method for failure mechanisms identification,” Engineering Applications of Artificial Intelligence, vol. 17, no. 1, pp. 123–134, 2004.
- B. S. Yang, T. Han, and Y. S. Kim, “Integration of ART-Kohonen neural network and case-based reasoning for intelligent fault diagnosis,” Expert Systems with Applications, vol. 26, no. 3, pp. 387–395, 2004.
- K. Hua Tan, C. Peng Lim, K. Platts, and H. Shen Koay, “An intelligent decision support system for manufacturing technology investments,” International Journal of Production Economics, vol. 104, no. 1, pp. 179–190, 2006.
- K. M. Saridakis and A. J. Dentsoras, “Case-DeSC: a system for case-based design with soft computing techniques,” Expert Systems with Applications, vol. 32, no. 2, pp. 641–657, 2007.
- J. M. Garrell I Guiu, E. Golobardes I Ribé, E. Bernadó I Mansilla, and X. Llorà I Fàbrega, “Automatic diagnosis with genetic algorithms and case-based reasoning,” Artificial Intelligence in Engineering, vol. 13, no. 4, pp. 367–372, 1999.
- C. C. Hsu and C. S. Ho, “A new hybrid case-based architecture for medical diagnosis,” Information Sciences, vol. 166, no. 1–4, pp. 231–247, 2004.
- B. Wyns, L. Boullart, S. Sette, D. Baeten, I. Hoffman, and F. De Keyser, “Prediction of arthritis using a modified Kohonen mapping and case based reasoning,” Engineering Applications of Artificial Intelligence, vol. 17, no. 2, pp. 205–211, 2004.
- H. Ahn and K. J. Kim, “Global optimization of case-based reasoning for breast cytology diagnosis,” Expert Systems with Applications, vol. 36, no. 1, pp. 724–734, 2009.
- V. K. Panchal, H. Kundra, and N. Kaur, “A novel approach of waves of Swarm with case based reasoning to detect ground water potential,” Journal of Technology and Engineering Sciences, vol. 1, pp. 3–8, 2009.
- K. S. Kim and I. Han, “The cluster-indexing method for case-based reasoning using self-organizing maps and learning vector quantization for bond rating cases,” Expert Systems with Applications, vol. 21, no. 3, pp. 147–156, 2001.
- H. Li, J. Sun, and B. L. Sun, “Financial distress prediction based on OR-CBR in the principle of k-nearest neighbors,” Expert Systems with Applications, vol. 36, no. 1, pp. 643–659, 2009.
- P. C. Chang and C. Y. Lai, “A hybrid system combining self-organizing maps with case-based reasoning in wholesaler's new-release book forecasting,” Expert Systems with Applications, vol. 29, no. 1, pp. 183–192, 2005.
- P. C. Chang, C. Y. Lai, and K. R. Lai, “A hybrid system by evolving case-based reasoning with genetic algorithm in wholesaler's returning book forecasting,” Decision Support Systems, vol. 42, no. 3, pp. 1715–1729, 2006.
- S. H. Chun and Y. J. Park, “A new hybrid data mining technique using a regression case based reasoning: application to financial forecasting,” Expert Systems with Applications, vol. 31, no. 2, pp. 329–336, 2006.
- P. Ravi Kumar and V. Ravi, “Bankruptcy prediction in banks and firms via statistical and intelligent techniques—a review,” European Journal of Operational Research, vol. 180, no. 1, pp. 1–28, 2007.
- W. Duch and K. Grudzinski, “Ensembles of similarity-based models,” in Proceedings of the Intelligent Information Systems, 2001.
- W. Duch, R. Adamczak, and G. H. F. Diercksen, Neural Networks from Similarity Based Perspective, Department of Computer Methods, Nicholas Copernicus University, 2000.
- B. Ster and A. Dobnikar, “Neural networks in medical diagnosis: comparison with other methods,” in Proceedings of the International Conference EANN, pp. 427–430, 1996.
- N. Jankowski, “Approximation and classification in medicine with IncNet neural networks,” in Proceedings of the Workshop on Machine Learning in Medical Applications, pp. 53–58, Greece, 1999.
- L. Ozyilmaz and T. Yildirim, “Artificial neural networks for diagnosis of hepatitis disease,” in Proceedings of the International Joint Conference on Neural Networks (IJCNN '03), vol. 1, pp. 586–589, Portland, Ore, USA, 2003.
- M. S. Bascil and F. Temurtas, “A study on hepatitis disease diagnosis using multilayer neural network with Levenberg Marquardt training algorithm,” Journal of Medical Systems, vol. 35, no. 3, pp. 433–436, 2011.
- P.-C. Chang, J.-J. Lin, and C.-H. Liu, “An attribute weight assignment and particle swarm optimization algorithm for medical database classifications,” Computer Methods and Programs in Biomedicine. In press.
- D. W. van der Merwe and A. P. Engelbrecht, “Data clustering using particle swarm optimization,” in Proceedings of the Congress on Evolutionary Computation, pp. 215–220, 2003.