- About this Journal ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 617214, 10 pages
Development of Quantum Simulator for Emerging Nanoelectronics Devices
Ho Chi Minh City University of Science, 227 Nguyen Van Cu Street, District 5, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Received 5 April 2012; Accepted 21 June 2012
Academic Editors: B. Coasne, G. A. Kachurin, D. K. Sarker, and D. Tsoukalas
Copyright © 2012 Dinh Sy Hien. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- The International Technology Roadmap for Semiconductor, 2005.
- W. Hänsch, T. Vogelsang, R. Kircher, and M. Orlowski, “Carrier transport near the Si/SiO2 interface of a MOSFET,” Solid State Electronics, vol. 32, no. 10, pp. 839–849, 1989.
- Y. Ohkura, “Quantum effects in Si n-MOS inversion layer at high substrate concentration,” Solid-State Electronics, vol. 33, no. 12, pp. 1581–1585, 1990.
- M. J. van Dort, P. H. Woerlee, A. J. Walker, C. A. H. Juffermans, and H. Lifka, “Influence of high substrate doping levels on the threshold voltage and the mobility of deep-submicrometer MOSFETs,” IEEE Transactions on Electron Devices, vol. 39, no. 4, pp. 932–938, 1992.
- N. D. Arora and D. A. Antoniadis, “Capacitance modeling for deep submicron thin gate oxide MOSFETs,” in Proceedings of the European Solid State Devices Research Conference (ESSDERC '95), pp. 569–572, 1995.
- R. Rios, N. D. Arora, C. L. Huang, N. Khalil, J. Faricelli, and L. Gruber, “Physical compact MOSFET model, including quantum mechanical effects, for statistical circuit design applications,” in Proceedings of the International Electron Devices Meeting (IEDM '95), pp. 937–940, IEEE, December 1995.
- P. Vande Voorde, P. B. Griffin, Z. Yu, S. Y. Oh, and R. W. Dutton, “Accurate doping profile determination using TED/QM models extensible to sub-quarter micron nMOSFETs,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Electron Devices Meeting (IEDM '96), pp. 811–814, IEEE, December 1996.
- M. G. Ancona and G. J. Iafrate, “Quantum correction to the equation of state of an electron gas in a semiconductor,” Physical Review B, vol. 39, no. 13, pp. 9536–9540, 1989.
- D. L. Woolard, M. A. Strocio, M. A. Litlejohn, R. J. Trew, and H. L. Grubin, “A new nonparabolic hydrodynamic model with quantum corrections,” in Computational Electronics: Semiconductor Transport and Device Simulation, pp. 59–62, Kluwer Academic Publishers, Boston, Mass, USA, 1991.
- J. R. Zhou and D. K. Ferry, “Simulation of ultra-small GaAs MESFET using quantum moment equations,” IEEE Transactions on Electron Devices, vol. 39, no. 3, pp. 473–478, 1992.
- J. P. Kreskovsky and H. L. Grubin, “Electron transport using the quantum corrected hydrodynamic equations,” VLSI Design, vol. 3, no. 2, pp. 179–200, 1995.
- H. L. Grubin and J. P. Kreskovsky, “Quantum moment balance equations and resonant tunnelling structures,” Solid State Electronics, vol. 32, no. 12, pp. 1071–1075, 1989.
- K. Uchida, K. Matsuzawa, J. Koga, R. Ohba, S. I. Takagi, and A. Toriumi, “Analytical single-electron transistor (SET) model for design and analysis of realistic SET circuits,” Japanese Journal of Applied Physics, Part 1, vol. 39, no. 4, pp. 2321–2324, 2000.
- S. Mahapatra, A. M. Ionescu, and K. Banerjee, “A quasi-analytical SET model for few electron circuit simulation,” IEEE Electron Device Letters, vol. 23, no. 6, pp. 366–368, 2002.
- C. Wasshuber, Computational Electronics, Springer, New York, NY, USA, 2002.
- R. H. Chen, A. N. Korotkov, and K. K. Likharev, “New logic family based on single-electron transistors,” in Proceedings of the 53rd Annual Device Research Conference Digest, pp. 44–45, June 1995.
- Y. S. Yu, J. H. Oh, S. W. Hawng, and D. Ahn, “Implementation of single electron circuit simulator by SPICE: KOSECSPICE,” in Proceedings of Asia Pacific Workshop: Fundamental Application Advanced Semiconductor Device, pp. 85–90, 2000.
- K. K. Likharev, “SETTRAN—a simulator for single lectron transistor,” http://hana.physics.sunysb.edu/set/software.
- H. Inokawa and Y. Takahashi, “A compact analytical model for asymmetric single-electron tunneling transistors,” IEEE Transactions on Electron Devices, vol. 50, no. 2, pp. 455–461, 2003.
- S. Datta, Quantum Transport: Atom to Transistor, Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, UK, 2005.
- D. S. Hien, H. L. Thu Thao, and L. H. Minh, “Modelling transport in single electron transistor,” Journal of Physics, vol. 187, Article ID 012060, 2009.
- S. Iijima, “Helical microtubules of graphitic carbon,” Nature, vol. 354, no. 6348, pp. 56–58, 1991.
- S. J. Tans, A. R. M. Verschueren, and C. Dekker, “Room-temperature transistor based on a single carbon nanotube,” Nature, vol. 393, no. 6680, pp. 49–52, 1998.
- P. Avouris, J. Appenzeller, R. Martel, and S. J. Wind, “Carbon nanotube electronics,” Proceedings of the IEEE, vol. 91, no. 11, pp. 1772–1783, 2003.
- P. L. McEuen, M. S. Fuhrer, and H. Park, “Single-walled carbon nanotube electronics,” IEEE Transactions on Nanotechnology, vol. 1, no. 1, pp. 78–84, 2002.
- S. Heinze, J. Tersoff, R. Martel, V. Derycke, J. Appenzeller, and P. Avouris, “Carbon nanotubes as Schottky barrier transistors,” Physical Review Letters, vol. 89, no. 10, pp. 1068011–1068014, 2002.
- J. Guo, S. Datta, and M. Lundstrom, “A numerical study of scaling issues for Schottky-barrier carbon nanotube transistors,” IEEE Transactions on Electron Devices, vol. 51, no. 2, pp. 172–177, 2004.
- R. Saito, G. Dresselhaus, and M. S. Dresselhau, Physical Property of Carbon Nanotubes, Imperial Colledge Press, London, UK, 1998.
- S. J. Wind, J. Appenzeller, R. Martel, V. Derycke, and P. Avouris, “Fabrication and electrical characterization of top gate single-wall carbon nanotube field-effect transistors,” Journal of Vacuum Science and Technology B, vol. 20, no. 6, pp. 2798–2801, 2002.
- A. Javey, J. Guo, Q. Wang, M. Lundstrom, and H. Dai, “Ballistic carbon nanotube field-effect transistors,” Nature, vol. 424, no. 6949, pp. 654–657, 2003.
- J. M. Marulanda, Carbon Nanotubes Applications on Electron Devices, Intech, 2011.
- D. S. Hien, N. T. Luong, T. T. Anh Tuan, and D. V. Nga, “Modeling of planar carbon nanotube field effect transistor and three dimensional simulation of current-voltage characteristics,” Journal of Physics, vol. 187, Article ID 012049, 2009.
- D. S. Hien, N. T. Luong, T. T. A. Tuan, and D. V. Nga, “3D simulation of coaxial carbon nanotube field effect transistor,” Journal of Physics, vol. 187, Article ID 012061, 2009.
- A. Aviram and M. A. Ratner, “Molecular rectifiers,” Chemical Physics Letters, vol. 29, no. 2, pp. 277–283, 1974.
- D. S. Hien and H. H. Trung, “Modelling molecular field effect transistor using non-equilibrium Green function method,” Journal of Physics, vol. 187, Article ID 012087, 2009.
- S. E. Lyshevsky, Nano and Molecular Electronics Handbook, CRC Press; Taylor & Francis, 2007.
- M. N. Baibich, J. M. Broto, A. Fert et al., “Giant magnetoresistance of (001)Fe/(001)Cr magnetic superlattices,” Physical Review Letters, vol. 61, no. 21, pp. 2472–2475, 1988.
- G. Binasch, P. Grünberg, F. Saurenbach, and W. Zinn, “Enhanced magnetoresistance in layered magnetic structures with antiferromagnetic interlayer exchange,” Physical Review B, vol. 39, no. 7, pp. 4828–4830, 1989.
- J. Daughton, J. Brown, E. Chen, R. Beech, A. Pohm, and W. Kude, “Magnetic field sensors using GMR multilayer,” IEEE Transactions on Magnetics, vol. 30, no. 6, pp. 4608–4610, 1994.
- S. Datta and B. Das, “Electronic analog of the electro-optic modulator,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 56, no. 7, pp. 665–667, 1990.