- About this Journal ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 619107, 4 pages
QTc and QTd in Children with Type 1 Diabetes Mellitus during Diabetic Ketoacidosis
Pediatric Department, Faculty of Medicine, Ain Shams University, Cairo 11321, Egypt
Received 14 September 2012; Accepted 16 October 2012
Academic Editors: R. Bhimma, A. Maheshwari, and D. D. Trevisanuto
Copyright © 2012 Omneya I. Youssef and Samar M. Farid. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- N. Glaser, P. Barnett, I. Mc Caslin, et al., “Risk factors for cerebral edema in children with diabetic ketoacidosis,” The New England Journal of Medicine, vol. 344, no. 4, pp. 264–269, 2001.
- T. H. Best, D. N. Franz, D. L. Gilbert, D. P. Nelson, and M. R. Epstein, “Cardiac complications in pediatric patients on the ketogenic diet,” Neurology, vol. 54, no. 12, pp. 2328–2330, 2000.
- J. M. Freeman, E. H. Kossoff, and A. L. Hartman, “The ketogenic diet: one decade later,” Pediatrics, vol. 119, no. 3, pp. 535–543, 2007.
- J. Kautzner and M. Malik, “QT interval dispersion and its clinical utility,” Pacing and Clinical Electrophysiology, vol. 20, no. 10, pp. 2625–2640, 1997.
- P. M. Okin, R. B. Devereux, B. V. Howard, R. R. Fabsitz, E. T. Lee, and T. K. Welty, “Assessment of QT interval and QT dispersion for prediction of all-cause and cardiovascular mortality in American Indians: the strong heart study,” Circulation, vol. 101, no. 1, pp. 61–66, 2000.
- J. Wolfsdorf, M. E. Craig, D. Daneman et al., “Diabetic ketoacidosis in children and adolescents with diabetes,” Pediatric Diabetes, vol. 10, supplement 12, pp. 118–133, 2009.
- H. Bazett, “An analysis of the time relationships of electrocardiograms,” Heart, vol. 7, pp. 353–370, 1920.
- M. Viitasalo, L. Oikarinen, H. Swan et al., “Ratio of late to early T-wave peak amplitude in 24-h electrocardiographic recordings as indicator of symptom history in patients with long-QT syndrome types 1 and 2,” Journal of the American College of Cardiology, vol. 47, no. 1, pp. 112–120, 2006.
- N. Kuppermann, J. Park, K. Glatter, J. P. Marcin, and N. S. Glaser, “Prolonged QT interval corrected for heart rate during diabetic ketoacidosis in children,” Archives of Pediatrics and Adolescent Medicine, vol. 162, no. 6, pp. 544–549, 2008.
- M. Malik and A. J. Camm, “Mystery of QT(c) interval dispersion,” American Journal of Cardiology, vol. 79, no. 6, pp. 785–787, 1997.
- D. M. Roden, “Drug-Induced Prolongation of the QT Interval,” The New England Journal of Medicine, vol. 350, no. 10, pp. 1013–1022, 2004.
- A. Stevens, D. P. Robinson, J. Turpin, T. Groshong, and J. D. Tobias, “Sudden cardiac death of an adolescent during dieting,” Southern Medical Journal, vol. 95, no. 9, pp. 1047–1049, 2002.
- B. S. Rana, M. M. Band, S. Ogston, A. D. Morris, S. D. Pringle, and A. D. Struthers, “Relation of QT interval dispersion to the number of different cardiac abnormalities in diabetes mellitus,” American Journal of Cardiology, vol. 90, no. 5, pp. 483–487, 2002.
- M. Psallas, N. Tentolouris, A. Cokkinos, D. Papadogiannis, D. V. Cokkinos, and N. Katsilambros, “QT dispersion: comparison between diabetic and non-diabetic individuals and correlation with cardiac autonomic neuropathy,” Hellenic Journal of Cardiology, vol. 47, no. 5, pp. 255–262, 2006.
- M. M. Massin, B. Derkenne, M. Tallsund et al., “Cardiac autonomic dysfunction in diabetic children,” Diabetes Care, vol. 22, no. 11, pp. 1845–1850, 1999.