- About this Journal ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
ISRN Mathematical Physics
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 630801, 16 pages
Numerical Simulation of Viscous Flow over a Square Cylinder Using Lattice Boltzmann Method
1Department of Aeronautical Engineering, Noorul Islam Centre for Higher Education, Noorul Islam University, Kanyakumari 629180, India
2Department of Mechanical Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati, Guwahati 781039, India
Received 6 April 2012; Accepted 9 July 2012
Academic Editors: A. Sanyal and F. Sugino
Copyright © 2012 D. Arumuga Perumal et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- R. W. Davis, E. F. Moore, and L. P. Purtell, “A numerical-experimental study of confined flow around rectangular cylinders,” Physics of Fluids, vol. 27, no. 1, pp. 46–59, 1984.
- R. Franke, W. Rodi, and B. Schönung, “Numerical calculation of laminar vortex shedding flow past cylinders,” Journal of Wind Engineering and Industrial Aerodynamics, vol. 35, pp. 237–257, 1990.
- A. Mukhopadhyay, G. Biswas, and T. Sundararajan, “Numerical investigation of confined wakes behind a square cylinder in a channel,” International Journal for Numerical Methods in Fluids, vol. 14, no. 12, pp. 1473–1484, 1992.
- H. Suzuki, K. Fukutani, T. Takishita, and K. Suzuki, “Unsteady flow in a channel obstructed by a square rod (crisscross motion of vortex),” International Journal of Heat Fluid Flow, vol. 14, no. 1, pp. 2–9, 1993.
- A. Sohankar, C. Norberg, and L. Davidson, “Numerical simulation of unsteady low-reynolds number flow around rectangular cylinders at incidence,” Journal of Wind Engineering and Industrial Aerodynamics, vol. 69, pp. 189–201, 1997.
- A. Sohankar, C. Norberg, and L. Davidson, “Low-Reynolds-number flow around a square cylinder at incidence: study of blockage, onset of vortex shedding and outlet 21 boundary condition,” International Journal for Numerical Methods in Fuids, vol. 26, pp. 39–56, 1998.
- A. N. Pavlov, S. S. Sazhin, R. P. Fedorenko, and M. R. Heikal, “A conservative finite difference method and its application for the analysis of a transient flow around a square prism,” International Journal of Numerical Methods for Heat & Fluid Flow, vol. 10, no. 1, pp. 6–46, 2000.
- M. Breuer, J. Bernsdorf, T. Zeiser, and F. Durst, “Accurate computations of the laminar flow past a square cylinder based on two different methods: lattice-Boltzmann and finite-volume,” International Journal of Numerical Methods for Heat & Fluid Flow, vol. 21, no. 2, pp. 186–196, 2000.
- D. C. Wan, B. S. V. Patnaik, and G. W. Wei, “Discrete singular convolution—finite subdomain method for the solution of incompressible viscous flows,” Journal of Computational Physics, vol. 180, no. 1, pp. 229–255, 2002.
- A. Roy and G. Bandyopadhyay, “Numerical investigation of confined flow past a square cylinder placed in a channel,” in Proceedings of the All-India Seminar on Aircrafts and Trans-atmospheric Vehicles: Missions, Challenges and Perspectives, pp. 28–29, Kolkata, May 2004.
- S. Abide and S. Viazzo, “A 2D compact fourth-order projection decomposition method,” Journal of Computational Physics, vol. 206, no. 1, pp. 252–276, 2005.
- N. Hasan, S. F. Anwer, and S. Sanghi, “On the outflow boundary condition for external incompressible flows: a new approach,” Journal of Computational Physics, vol. 206, no. 2, pp. 661–683, 2005.
- K. M. Kelkar and S. V. Patankar, “Numerical prediction of vortex shedding behind a square cylinder,” International Journal for Numerical Methods in Fluids, vol. 14, no. 3, pp. 327–341, 1992.
- S. Hou, Q. Zou, S. Chen, G. Doolen, and A. C. Cogley, “Simulation of cavity flow by the Lattice Boltzmann method,” Journal of Computational Physics, vol. 118, pp. 329–347, 1995.
- D. A. Perumal and A. K. Dass, “Multiplicity of steady solutions in two-dimensions lid-driven cavity flows by Lattice Boltzmann method,” Computers & Mathematics with Applications, vol. 61, no. 12, pp. 3711–3721, 2011.
- D. Yu, R. Mei, L. S. Luo, and W. Shyy, “Viscous flow computations with the method of Lattice Boltzmann equation,” Progress in Aerospace Sciences, vol. 39, no. 5, pp. 329–367, 2003.
- M. Bouzidi, M. Firdaouss, and P. Lallamand, “Momentum transfer of a Lattice Boltzmann fluid with boundaries,” Physics of Fluids, vol. 13, no. 11, pp. 3452–3459, 2001.
- G. V. S. Kumar, D. A. Perumal, and A. K. Dass, “Numerical simulation of viscous flow over a circular cylinder using Lattice Boltzmann method,” in Proceedings of the International Conference on Fluid Mechanics and Fluid Power, IIT Madras, India, December 2010.
- D. J. Tritton, “Experiments on the flow past a circular cylinder at low reynolds numbers,” Journal of Fluid Mechanics, vol. 6, no. 4, pp. 547–567, 1959.
- B. A. Fornberg, “A numerical study of steady viscous flow past a circular cylinder,” Journal of Fluid Mechanics, vol. 98, no. 4, pp. 819–855, 1980.
- D. Calhoun, “A Cartesian grid method for solving the two-dimensional streamfunction-vorticity equations in irregular regions,” Journal of Computational Physics, vol. 176, no. 2, pp. 231–275, 2002.