- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 651468, 7 pages
Growth of ZnO Nanorod Arrays on Flexible Substrates: Effect of Precursor Solution Concentration
1Physics Department, Auburn University, Auburn, AL 36849, USA
2Materials Research and Education Center, Department of Mechanical Engineering, Auburn University, Auburn, AL 36849, USA
3Department of Eco and Functional Materials, Korea Institute of Industrial Technology, Cheonan, Choongnam 331-825, Republic of Korea
Received 7 May 2012; Accepted 11 June 2012
Academic Editors: A. Bendavid, P. Kumbhakar, A. Portavoce, A. Sorrentino, and C. Wang
Copyright © 2012 Fei Tong et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- A. Ohtomo, M. Kawasaki, Y. Sakurai et al., “Room temperature ultraviolet laser emission from ZnO nanocrystal thin films grown by laser MBE,” Materials Science and Engineering B, vol. 54, no. 1-2, pp. 24–28, 1998.
- M. Godlewski, E. Guziewicz, K. Kopalko et al., “Zinc oxide for electronic, photovoltaic and optoelectronic applications,” Low Temperature Physics, vol. 37, no. 3, Article ID 009103LTP, pp. 235–240, 2011.
- G. C. Yi, C. R. Wang, and W. I. Park, “ZnO nanorods: synthesis, characterization and applications,” Semiconductor Science and Technology, vol. 20, no. 4, pp. S22–S34, 2005.
- K. Takanezawa, K. Hirota, Q. S. Wei, K. Tajima, and K. Hashimoto, “Efficient charge collection with ZnO nanorod array in hybrid photovoltaic devices,” Journal of Physical Chemistry C, vol. 111, no. 19, pp. 7218–7223, 2007.
- P. Ravirajan, A. M. Peiró, M. K. Nazeeruddin et al., “Hybrid polymer/zinc oxide photovoltaic devices with vertically oriented ZnO nanorods and an amphiphilic molecular interface layer,” Journal of Physical Chemistry B, vol. 110, no. 15, pp. 7635–7639, 2006.
- C. Y. Chou, J. S. Huang, C. H. Wu, C. Y. Lee, and C. F. Lin, “Lengthening the polymer solidification time to improve the performance of polymer/ZnO nanorod hybrid solar cells,” Solar Energy Materials and Solar Cells, vol. 93, no. 9, pp. 1608–1612, 2009.
- D. C. Olson, J. Piris, R. T. Collins, S. E. Shaheen, and D. S. Ginley, “Hybrid photovoltaic devices of polymer and ZnO nanofiber composites,” Thin Solid Films, vol. 496, no. 1, pp. 26–29, 2006.
- B. D. Yao, Y. F. Chan, and N. Wang, “Formation of ZnO nanostructures by a simple way of thermal evaporation,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 81, no. 4, pp. 757–759, 2002.
- Y. Dai, Y. Zhang, Q. K. Li, and C. W. Nan, “Synthesis and optical properties of tetrapod-like zinc oxide nanorods,” Chemical Physics Letters, vol. 358, no. 1-2, pp. 83–86, 2002.
- A. J. Cheng, Y. Tzeng, Y. Zhou et al., “Thermal chemical vapor deposition growth of zinc oxide nanostructures for dye-sensitized solar cell fabrication,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 92, no. 9, Article ID 092113, 3 pages, 2008.
- W. I. Park, D. H. Kim, S. W. Jung, and G. C. Yi, “Metalorganic vapor-phase epitaxial growth of vertically well-aligned ZnO nanorods,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 80, no. 22, pp. 4232–4234, 2002.
- X. Liu, X. Wu, H. Cao, and R. P. H. Chang, “Growth mechanism and properties of ZnO nanorods synthesized by plasma-enhanced chemical vapor deposition,” Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 95, no. 6, pp. 3141–3147, 2004.
- K. Ogata, K. Maejima, S. Z. Fujita, and S. G. Fujita, “Growth mode control of ZnO toward nanorod structures or high-quality layered structures by metal-organic vapor phase epitaxy,” Journal of Crystal Growth, vol. 248, pp. 25–30, 2003.
- Y. H. Ni, X. W. Wei, J. M. Hong, and Y. Ye, “Hydrothermal preparation and optical properties of ZnO nanorods,” Materials Science and Engineering B, vol. 121, no. 1-2, pp. 42–47, 2005.
- L. Fan, H. Song, T. Li et al., “Hydrothermal synthesis and photoluminescent properties of ZnO nanorods,” Journal of Luminescence, vol. 122-123, no. 1-2, pp. 819–821, 2007.
- D. Polsongkram, P. Chamninok, S. Pukird et al., “Effect of synthesis conditions on the growth of ZnO nanorods via hydrothermal method,” Physica B, vol. 403, no. 19-20, pp. 3713–3717, 2008.
- H. Ahn, Y. Wang, S. H. Jee, M. Park, Y. S. Yoon, and D. J. Kim, “Enhanced UV activation of electrochemically doped Ni in ZnO nanorods for room temperature acetone sensing,” Chemical Physics Letters, vol. 511, no. 4–6, pp. 331–335, 2011.
- M. Guo, P. Diao, and S. Cai, “Hydrothermal growth of well-aligned ZnO nanorod arrays: dependence of morphology and alignment ordering upon preparing conditions,” Journal of Solid State Chemistry, vol. 178, no. 6, pp. 1864–1873, 2005.
- C. J. Brabec, N. S. Sariciftci, and J. C. Hummelen, “Plastic solar cells,” Advanced Functional Materials, vol. 11, no. 1, pp. 15–26, 2001.
- J. J. Kim, K. S. Kim, and G. Y. Jung, “Fabrication of flexible dye-sensitised solar cells with photoanodes composed of periodically aligned single crystalline vertical ZnO NRs by utilising a direct metal transfer method,” Journal of Materials Chemistry, vol. 21, no. 21, pp. 7730–7735, 2011.
- A. Hu, F. Wu, J. Liu et al., “Density- and adhesion-controlled ZnO nanorod arrays on the ITO flexible substrates and their electrochromic performance,” Journal of Alloys and Compounds, vol. 507, no. 1, pp. 261–266, 2010.
- H. Ahn, J.-H. Park, S.-B. Kim, S. H. Jee, Y. S. Yoon, and D.-J. Kim, “Vertically aligned ZnO nanorod sensor on flexible substrate for ethanol gas monitoring,” Electrochemical and Solid-State Letters, vol. 13, no. 11, pp. J125–J128, 2010.
- N. Lepot, M. K. Van Bael, H. Van den Rul et al., “Synthesis of ZnO nanorods from aqueous solution,” Materials Letters, vol. 61, no. 13, pp. 2624–2627, 2007.
- Joint Committee on Powder Diffraction Standards, “Mineral powder diffraction file: databook: sets 1–42,” Powder Diffraction File no. 36-1451.
- B. Lo, J. Y. Chang, A. V. Ghule, S. H. Tzing, and Y. C. Ling, “Seed-mediated fabrication of ZnO nanorods with controllable morphology and photoluminescence properties,” Scripta Materialia, vol. 54, no. 3, pp. 411–415, 2006.
- A. Umar, B. Karunagaran, E.-K. Suh, and Y. B. Hahn, “Structural and optical properties of single-crystalline ZnO nanorods grown on silicon by thermal evaporation,” Nanotechnology, vol. 17, no. 16, pp. 4072–4077, 2006.
- S. S. Hong, T. Joo, W. I. Park, Y. H. Jun, and G. C. Yi, “Time-resolved photoluminescence of the size-controlled ZnO nanorods,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 83, no. 20, pp. 4157–4159, 2003.
- Y. Sun, J. B. Ketterson, and G. K. L. Wong, “Excitonic gain and stimulated ultraviolet emission in nanocrystalline zinc-oxide powder,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 77, no. 15, pp. 2322–2324, 2000.
- Z. L. Wang, “Zinc oxide nanostructures: growth, properties and applications,” Journal of Physics, vol. 16, no. 25, pp. R829–R858, 2004.
- H. J. Egelhaaf and D. Oelkrug, “Luminescence and nonradiative deactivation of excited states involving oxygen defect centers in polycrystalline ZnO,” Journal of Crystal Growth, vol. 161, no. 1–4, pp. 190–194, 1996.
- J. M. Calleja and M. Cardona, “Resonant Raman scattering in ZnO,” Physical Review B, vol. 16, no. 8, pp. 3753–3761, 1977.
- H. C. Hsu, H. M. Cheng, C. Y. Wu, H. S. Huang, Y. C. Lee, and W. F. Hsieh, “Luminescence of selective area growth of epitaxial ZnO nanowires and random-growth-oriented nanobelts,” Nanotechnology, vol. 17, no. 5, pp. 1404–1407, 2006.
- R. Cuscó, E. Alarcón-Lladó, J. Ibáñez et al., “Temperature dependence of Raman scattering in ZnO,” Physical Review B, vol. 75, no. 16, Article ID 165202, 11 pages, 2007.
- A. J. Cheng, Y. Tzeng, H. Xu et al., “Raman analysis of longitudinal optical phonon-plasmon coupled modes of aligned ZnO nanorods,” Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 105, no. 7, Article ID 073104, 7 pages, 2009.
- E. Alarcón-Lladó, J. Ibáñez, R. Cuscó et al., “Ultraviolet Raman scattering in ZnO nanowires: quasimode mixing and temperature effects,” Journal of Raman Spectroscopy, vol. 42, no. 2, pp. 153–159, 2011.
- Y. Tong, Y. Liu, C. Shao et al., “Growth and optical properties of faceted hexagonal ZnO nanotubes,” Journal of Physical Chemistry B, vol. 110, no. 30, pp. 14714–14718, 2006.