- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 653796, 10 pages
Starch Granule and Protein Accumulation during Seed Development of Ginkgo biloba L.
1College of Horticulture and Plant Protection, Yangzhou University, Yangzhou 225009, China
2College of Biological Sciences and Biotechnology, Yangzhou University, Yangzhou 225009, China
Received 21 September 2012; Accepted 24 October 2012
Academic Editors: M. Adrian, J. F. Gutierrez-Marcos, and S. Satoh
Copyright © 2012 Biao Jin et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- Z. Zhou and S. Zheng, “The missing link in Ginkgo evolution,” Nature, vol. 423, no. 6942, pp. 821–822, 2003.
- L. Wang, Y. P. Wang, Y. Pan, B. Jin, X. Y. Xu, and P. Chen, “Anatomical study of development of ovule in Ginkgo biloba L.,” Acta Botanica Boreali-Occidentalia Sinica, vol. 27, no. 7, pp. 1349–1356, 2007.
- L. Wang, Y. Pan, Y. P. Wang, Q. Wang, X. Y. Xu, and P. Chen, “Observation on amyloplast in endosperm during development of seeds in Ginkgo biloba,” Journal of Fruit Science, vol. 24, no. 5, pp. 692–695, 2007.
- L. Wang, Q. C. Deng, Y. Zhang, Z. H. Yin, and B. J. Xie, “Morphological and physicochemical properties of Ginkgo starch,” Journal of the Chinese Cereals and Oils Association, vol. 22, no. 4, pp. 66–70, 2007.
- M. Favre-Duchartre, “Ginkgo, An oviparous plant,” Phytomorphology, vol. 8, pp. 377–390, 1958.
- L. Wang, B. Jin, M. M. Lin, Y. Lu, N. J. Teng, and P. Chen, “Studies of the development of female reproductive organs in Ginkgo biloba,” Chinese Bulletin of Botany, vol. 44, no. 6, pp. 673–681, 2009.
- L. Wang, Y. Lu, B. Jin, M. M. Lin, and P. Chen, “Gametophyte development and embryogenesis in Ginkgo biloba: a current view,” Chinese Bulletin of Botany, vol. 45, no. 1, pp. 119–127, 2010.
- L. Wang, D. Wang, M. M. Lin, Y. Lu, X. X. Jiang, and B. Jin, “An embryological study and systematic significance of the primitive gymnosperm Ginkgo biloba,” Journal of Systematics and Evolution, vol. 49, no. 4, pp. 353–361, 2011.
- Y. Lu, L. Wang, Y. Pan et al., “Research on starch and protein accumulation and metabolism during the development of the Ginkgo biloba L. female gametophyte,” Acta Horticulturae Sinica, vol. 38, no. 1, pp. 15–24, 2011.
- S. V. Shinde, J. E. Nelson, and K. C. Huber, “Soft wheat starch pasting behavior in relation to A- and B-type granule content and composition,” Cereal Chemistry, vol. 80, no. 1, pp. 91–98, 2003.
- H. S. Kim and K. C. Huber, “Channels within soft wheat starch A- and B-type granules,” Journal of Cereal Science, vol. 9, pp. 2–14, 2007.
- Y. A. Yin, J. C. Qi, W. H. Li, L. P. Cao, and Z. B. Wang, “Physico-Chemical characteristics of A, B type starch granule in wheat endosperm,” Scientia Agricultura Sinica, vol. 43, no. 11, pp. 2372–2379, 2010.
- H. Tang, K. Watanabe, and T. Mitsunaga, “Structure and functionality of large, medium and small granule starches in normal and waxy barley endosperms,” Carbohydrate Polymers, vol. 49, no. 2, pp. 217–224, 2002.
- R. Li, S. Y. Lan, and X. Z. Xu, “Transformation of mitochondrion to amyloplast and the cytochemical localization of succinic dehydrogenase in rice endosperm,” Journal of Chinese Electron Microscopy Society, vol. 21, no. 2, pp. 118–122, 2002.
- L. Reale, C. Sgromo, L. Ederli et al., “Morphological and cytological development and starch accumulation in hermaphrodite and staminate flowers of olive (Olea europaea L.),” Sexual Plant Reproduction, vol. 22, no. 3, pp. 109–119, 2009.
- J. Tratt, C. J. Prychid, H. D. Behnke, and P. J. Rudall, “Starch-accumulating (S-type) sieve-element plastids in Hydatellaceae: implications for plastid evolution in flowering plants,” Protoplasma, vol. 237, no. 1–4, pp. 19–26, 2009.
- H. Y. Zhang, “Amyloplast development and proliferation in maize starch endosperm cell,” Journal of Maize Sciences, vol. 17, no. 4, pp. 58–60, 2009.
- Q. C. Wang, X. Liu, Z. X. Li, and K. C. Liu, “Effect of planting densities on morphogenesis of seed capsule and development of starch granule in maize endosperm,” Scientia Agricultura Sinica, vol. 41, no. 8, pp. 2506–2512, 2008.
- Z. Wang, Y. J. Gu, W. F. Li, G. Chen, H. Y. Shi, and X. H. Chen, “Development of wheat endosperm and the pathway of nutrient entering the endosperm,” Acta Agronomica Sinica, vol. 24, no. 5, pp. 536–545, 1998.
- S. Y. Xing, S. M. Li, C. J. Han, F. Zhang, and H. X. Tang, “Comparison on starch characters in endosperm of Ginkgo biloba var. epiphylla Mak. and its systematic significance,” Acta Horticulturae Sinica, vol. 37, no. 3, pp. 345–354, 2010.
- W. E. Friedman and T. E. Goliber, “Photosynthesis in the female gametophyte of Ginkgo biloba,” American Journal of Botany, vol. 73, pp. 1261–1266, 1986.
- Q. Q. Liu, L. H. Zhou, H. M. Wang, and M. H. Gu, “Advances on biosynthesis of rice seed storage proteins in molecular biology,” Molecular Plant Breeding, vol. 6, no. 1, pp. 1–15, 2008.
- H. Liang, B. Xu, W. M. Pan, and W. F. Zhang, “Analysis of proteins in seeds and leaves of Ginkgo biloba L,” Journal of Plant Resources and Environment, vol. 9, no. 4, pp. 5–8, 2000.
- C. X. Wei, J. Zhang, W. D. Zhou, Y. F. Chen, and R. G. Xu, “Accumulation of storage protein and formation of protein body during wheat endosperm development,” Journal of Triticeae Crops, vol. 29, no. 1, pp. 73–78, 2009.
- C. X. Wei, J. Zhang, W. D. Zhou, Y. F. Chen, and R. G. Xu, “Accumulation of storage protein and formation of protein body during barley endosperm development,” Acta Agronomica Sinica, vol. 35, no. 2, pp. 334–340, 2009.
- Y. Saito, T. Shigemitsu, K. Tanaka, S. Morita, S. Satoh, and T. Masumura, “Ultrastructure of mature protein body in the starchy endosperm of dry cereal grain,” Bioscience, Biotechnology and Biochemistry, vol. 74, no. 7, pp. 1485–1487, 2010.
- R. M. Zhou, Y. T. Zhang, A. M. Li et al., “Effect of booting nitrogen on accumulation of grain protein components and development of protein body in wheat,” Journal of Triticeae Crops, vol. 29, no. 6, pp. 1022–1026, 2009.