- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
ISRN Obstetrics and Gynecology
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 678201, 4 pages
Laparoscopic Surgery in Elderly Patients Aged 65 Years and Older with Gynecologic Disease
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, School of Medicine, Shimane University, 89-1 Enya Cho, Shimane, Izumo 693-8501, Japan
Received 4 October 2012; Accepted 24 October 2012
Academic Editors: M. Friedrich and N. A. Ginsberg
Copyright © 2012 Haruhiko Kanasaki et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- V. Mais, S. Ajossa, B. Piras, D. Marongiu, S. Guerriero, and G. B. Melis, “Treatment of nonendometriotic benign adnexal cysts: a randomized comparison of laparoscopy and laparotomy,” Obstetrics and Gynecology, vol. 86, no. 5, pp. 770–774, 1995.
- P. M. Yuen, K. M. Yu, S. K. Yip, W. C. Lau, M. S. Rogers, and A. Chang, “A randomized prospective study of laparoscopy and laparotomy in the management of benign ovarian masses,” American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology, vol. 177, no. 1, pp. 109–114, 1997.
- C. Bàllesta López, J. A. Cid, I. Poves, C. Bettónica, L. Villegas, and M. A. Memon, “Laparoscopic surgery in the elderly patient: experience of a single laparoscopic unit,” Surgical Endoscopy and Other Interventional Techniques, vol. 17, no. 2, pp. 333–337, 2003.
- D. M. Weber, “Laparoscopic surgery: an excellent approach in elderly patients,” Archives of Surgery, vol. 138, no. 10, pp. 1083–1088, 2003.
- C. A. Polanczyk, E. Marcantonio, L. Goldman et al., “Impact of age on perioperative complications and length of stay in patients undergoing noncardiac surgery,” Annals of Internal Medicine, vol. 134, no. 8, pp. 637–643, 2001.
- B. M. Evers, C. M. Townsend Jr., and J. C. Thompson, “Organ physiology of aging,” Surgical Clinics of North America, vol. 74, no. 1, pp. 23–39, 1994.
- H. Kanasaki, A. Oride, K. Nakayama, and K. Miyazaki, “Evaluation of immediate laparoscopic surgery for gynecologic disorders,” Gynecological Surgery, vol. 9, no. 1, pp. 111–115, 2011.
- S. W. Jeon, J. S. Choi, J. H. Lee et al., “Is laparoscopic surgery safe in women over 70 years old with benign gynecological disease?” Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology Research, vol. 37, no. 6, pp. 601–605, 2011.
- K. Amemiya, A. Miyamoto, N. Sasamoto, M. Hayashi, Y. Yamamoto, and K. Adachi, “Laparoscopic surgery in elderly patients with benign ovarian tumor: a retrospective evaluation of laparoscopic and open adnexectomy,” Advances in Obstetrics and Gynecology, vol. 64, pp. 1–8, 2012.