- About this Journal ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
ISRN Software Engineering
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 681985, 12 pages
On-Line Real-Time Service-Oriented Task Scheduling Using TUF
1Electrical and Computer Engineering Department, Florida International University, Miami, FL 33174, USA
2Computer Science Department, Illinois Institute of Technology, Chicago, IL 60616, USA
Received 17 January 2012; Accepted 27 March 2012
Academic Editors: G. Gössler, J. A. Holgado-Terriza, and U. K. Wiil
Copyright © 2012 Shuo Liu et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- M. Armbrust, A. Fox, R. Griffith, et al., “Above the clouds: a berkeley view of cloud computing,” UC Berkeley, 2009.
- E. Knorr and G. Gruman, “State of the internet operating system,” 2010, http://radar.oreilly.com/.
- A. Weiss, “Computing in the clouds,” NetWorker, vol. 11, no. 4, pp. 16–25, 2007.
- T. O’Reilly, “What cloud computing really means,” O’Reilly Radar, 2010, http://www.infoworld.com.
- R. K. Clark, Scheduling dependent real-time activities, Ph.D. dissertation, Carnegie Mellon University, 1990.
- C. D. Locke, Best-effort decision making for real-time scheduling, Ph.D. dissertation, Carnegie Mellon University, 1986.
- E. D. Jensen, C. D. Locke, and H. Tokuda, “A time-driven scheduling model for real-time systems,” in Proceedings of the IEEE Real-Time Systems Symposium, 1985.
- P. Li, Utility accrual real-time scheduling: models and algorithms, Ph.D. dissertation, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, 2004.
- P. Li, H. Wu, B. Ravindran, and E. D. Jensen, “A utility accrual scheduling algorithm for real-time activities with mutual exclusion resource constraints,” IEEE Transactions on Computers, vol. 55, no. 4, pp. 454–469, 2006.
- H. Wu, B. Ravindran, and E. D. Jensen, “Energy-efficient, utility accrual real-time scheduling under the unimodal arbitrary arrival model,” in Proceedings of the ACM Design, Automation and Test in Europe (DATE '05), pp. 474–479, March 2005.
- H. Wu, Energy-efficient utility accrual real-time scheduling, Ph.D. dissertation, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, 2005.
- H. Wu, U. Balli, B. Ravindran, and E. D. Jensen, “Utility accrual real-time scheduling under variable cost functions,” in Proceedings of the 11th IEEE International Conference on Embedded and Real-Time Computing Systems and Applications, pp. 213–219, August 2005.
- F. Casati and M. Shan, “Definition, execution, analysis and optimization of composite e-service,” IEEE Data Engineering, vol. 24, no. 1, pp. 29–34, 2001.
- H. Kuno, “Surveying the e-services technical landscape,” in Proceedings of the 2nd International Workshop on Advanced Issues of E-Commerce and Web-Based Information Systems, 2000.
- Y. Bartal, S. Leonardi, A. Marchetti-Spaccamela, J. S. Gall, and L. Stougie, “Multiprocessor scheduling with rejection,” in Proceedings of the 10th Annual ACM-SIAM Symposium on Discrete Algorithms (SODA '96), pp. 95–103, 1996.
- B. N. Chun and D. E. Culler, “User-centric performance analysis of market-based cluster batch schedulers,” in Proceedings of the 2nd IEEE/ACM International Symposium on Cluster Computing and the Grid, p. 30, 2002.
- F. I. Popovici and J. Wilkes, “Profitable services in an uncertain world,” in Proceedings of the ACM/IEEE Supercomputing Conference (SC '05), p. 36, November 2005.
- D. E. Irwin, L. E. Grit, and J. S. Chase, “Balancing risk and reward in a market-based task service,” in Proceedings of the 13th IEEE International Symposium on High Performance Distributed Computing, pp. 160–169, June 2004.
- Y. Yu, S. Ren, N. Chen, and X. Wang, “Profit and penalty aware (pp-aware) scheduling for tasks with variable task execution time,” in Proceedings of the ACM Symposium on Applied Computing (SAC '10), 2010.
- Z. Bodie, R. Merton, and D. Cleeton, Financial Economics, Prentice Hall, New York, NY, USA, 2008.
- I. D. Baev, W. M. Meleis, and A. Eichenberger, “Algorithms for total weighted completion time scheduling,” in Proceedings of the 10th Annual ACM-SIAM Symposium on Discrete Algorithms (SODA '99), pp. S852–S853, January 1999.