- About this Journal ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
ISRN Materials Science
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 691032, 5 pages
Wet Synthesis of Monodisperse Cobalt Oxide Nanoparticles
Organic III, Indian Institute of Chemical Technology, Tarnaka, Hyderabad 500-007, India
Received 31 December 2011; Accepted 19 February 2012
Academic Editors: F. M. Labajos, B. Luan, and M. Padmanaban
Copyright © 2012 Taimur Athar et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- L. Zhang and D. Xue, “Preparation and magnetic properties of pure CoO nanoparticles,” Journal of Materials Science Letters, vol. 21, no. 24, pp. 1931–1933, 2002.
- W. Y. Li, L. N. Xu, and J. Chen, “Co3O4 nanomaterials in lithium-ion batteries and gas sensors,” Advanced Functional Materials, vol. 15, no. 5, pp. 851–857, 2005.
- H. Qiao, L. Xiao, Z. Zheng, H. Liu, F. Jia, and L. Zhang, “One-pot synthesis of CoO/C hybrid microspheres as anode materials for lithium-ion batteries,” Journal of Power Sources, vol. 185, no. 1, pp. 486–491, 2008.
- X. Xie and W. Shen, “Morphology control of cobalt oxide nanocrystals for promoting their catalytic performance,” Nanoscale, vol. 1, pp. 50–60, 2009.
- H. J. Guo, Q. M. Sun, X. H. Li, Z. X. Wang, and W. J. Peng, “Synthesis and electrochemical performance of Co3O4/C composite anode for lithium ion batteries,” Transactions of Nonferrous Metals Society of China, vol. 19, no. 2, pp. 372–376, 2009.
- M. Salavati-Niasari, N. Mir, and F. Davar, “Synthesis and characterization of Co3O4 nanorods by thermal decomposition of cobalt oxalate,” Journal of Physics and Chemistry of Solids, vol. 70, no. 5, pp. 847–852, 2009.
- V. Srinivasan and J. W. Weidner, “Capacitance studies of cobalt oxide films formed via electrochemical precipitation,” Journal of Power Sources, vol. 108, no. 1-2, pp. 15–20, 2002.
- D. Srikala, V. N. Singh, A. Banerjee, B. R. Mehta, and S. Patnaik, “Synthesis and characterization of ferromagnetic cobalt nanospheres, nanodiscs and nanocubes,” Journal of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology, vol. 9, no. 9, pp. 5627–5632, 2009.
- K. H. Kim and K. B. Kim, “Ultrasound assisted synthesis of nano-sized lithium cobalt oxide,” Ultrasonics Sonochemistry, vol. 15, no. 6, pp. 1019–1025, 2008.
- A. I. Vogel, Textbook of Quantitative Chemical nalysis, Longman, London, UK, 5th edition, 1989.
- A. Salimi, R. Hallaj, and S. Soltanian, “Immobilization of hemoglobin on electrodeposited cobalt-oxide nanoparticles: direct voltammetry and electrocatalytic activity,” Biophysical Chemistry, vol. 130, no. 3, pp. 122–131, 2007.
- W. W. Wang and Y. J. Zhu, “Microwave-assisted synthesis of cobalt oxalate nanorods and their thermal conversion to Co3O4 rods,” Materials Research Bulletin, vol. 40, no. 11, pp. 1929–1935, 2005.
- R. Venkatnarayan, V. Kanniah, and A. Dhathathreya, Journal of Chemical Sciences, vol. 188, p. 179, 2006.
- Q. Yuanchun, Z. Yanbao, and W. Zhishen, “Preparation of cobalt oxide nanoparticles and cobalt powders by solvothermal process and their characterization,” Materials Chemistry and Physics, vol. 110, no. 2-3, pp. 457–462, 2008.
- J. H. Smått, B. Spliethoff, J. B. Rosenholm, and M. Lindén, “Hierachically porous nanocrystalline cobalt oxide monoliths through nanocasting,” Chemical Communications, vol. 10, no. 19, pp. 2188–2189, 2004.
- I. Luisetto, F. Pepe, and E. Bemporad, “Preparation and characterization of nano cobalt oxide,” Journal of Nanoparticle Research, vol. 10, no. 1, pp. 59–67, 2008.