- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 704984, 7 pages
Analysis of Boundary Layer Flow and Heat Transfer along a Stretching Cylinder in a Porous Medium
Department of Mathematics, The University of Burdwan, Burdwan 713104, India
Received 26 March 2012; Accepted 17 April 2012
Academic Editors: G. L. Aranovich and C. D. Daub
Copyright © 2012 Swati Mukhopadhyay. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- L. J. Crane, “Flow past a stretching plate,” Zeitschrift für Angewandte Mathematik und Physik, vol. 21, no. 4, pp. 645–647, 1970.
- P. S. Gupta and A. S. Gupta, “Heat and mass transfer on a stretching sheet with suction or blowing,” The Canadian Journal of Chemical Engineering, vol. 55, no. 6, pp. 744–746, 1977.
- B. K. Dutta, P. Roy, and A. S. Gupta, “Temperature field in flow over a stretching sheet with uniform heat flux,” International Communications in Heat and Mass Transfer, vol. 12, no. 1, pp. 89–94, 1985.
- C. K. Chen and M. I. Char, “Heat transfer of a continuous, stretching surface with suction or blowing,” Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications, vol. 135, no. 2, pp. 568–580, 1988.
- H. Xu and S. J. Liao, “Series solutions of unsteady magnetohydrodynamic flows of non-Newtonian fluids caused by an impulsively stretching plate,” Journal of Non-Newtonian Fluid Mechanics, vol. 129, no. 1, pp. 46–55, 2005.
- R. Cortell, “Flow and heat transfer of a fluid through a porous medium over a stretching surface with internal heat generation/absorption and suction/blowing,” Fluid Dynamics Research, vol. 37, no. 4, pp. 231–245, 2005.
- R. Cortell, “Effects of viscous dissipation and work done by deformation on the MHD flow and heat transfer of a viscoelastic fluid over a stretching sheet,” Physics Letters A, vol. 357, no. 4-5, pp. 298–305, 2006.
- T. Hayat, Z. Abbas, and M. Sajid, “Series solution for the upper-convected Maxwell fluid over a porous stretching plate,” Physics Letters A, vol. 358, no. 5-6, pp. 396–403, 2006.
- T. Hayat and M. Sajid, “Analytic solution for axisymmetric flow and heat transfer of a second grade fluid past a stretching sheet,” International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, vol. 50, no. 1-2, pp. 75–84, 2007.
- P. Datta, D. Anilkumar, S. Roy, and N. C. Mahanti, “Effect of non-uniform slot injection (suction) on a forced flow over a slender cylinder,” International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, vol. 49, no. 13-14, pp. 2366–2371, 2006.
- E. M. E. Elbarbary and N. S. Elgazery, “Flow and heat transfer of a micropolar fluid in an axisymmetric stagnation flow on a cylinder with variable properties and suction (numerical study),” Acta Mechanica, vol. 176, no. 3-4, pp. 213–229, 2005.
- M. Kumari and G. Nath, “Mixed convection boundary layer flow over a thin vertical cylinder with localized injection/suction and cooling/heating,” International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, vol. 47, no. 5, pp. 969–976, 2004.
- C. Y. Wang, “Fluid flow due to a stretching cylinder,” Physics of Fluids, vol. 31, pp. 466–468, 1988.
- A. Ishak, R. Nazar, and I. Pop, “Uniform suction/blowing effect on flow and heat transfer due to a stretching cylinder,” Applied Mathematical Modelling, vol. 32, no. 10, pp. 2059–2066, 2008.
- H. T. Lin and Y. P. Shih, “Laminar boundary layer heat transfer along static and moving cylinders,” Journal of the Chinese Institute of Engineers, vol. 3, no. 1, pp. 73–79, 1980.
- H. T. Lin and Y. P. Shih, “Buoyancy effects on the laminar boundary layer heat transfer along vertically moving cylinders,” Journal of the Chinese Institute of Engineers, vol. 4, no. 1, pp. 47–51, 1981.
- A. Ishak and R. Nazar, “Laminar boundary layer flow along a stretching cylinder,” European Journal of Scientific Research, vol. 36, no. 1, pp. 22–29, 2009.
- L. J. Grubka and K. M. Bobba, “Heat transfer characteristics of a continuous stretching surface with variable temperature,” Journal of Heat Transfer, vol. 107, no. 1, pp. 248–250, 1985.
- M. E. Ali, “Heat transfer characteristics of a continuous stretching surface,” Heat and Mass Transfer, vol. 29, no. 4, pp. 227–234, 1994.
- A. Ishak, R. Nazar, and I. Pop, “Steady and unsteady boundary layers due to a stretching vertical sheet in a porous medium using Darcy-Brinkman equation model,” International Journal of Applied Mechanics and Engineering, vol. 11, no. 3, pp. 623–637, 2006.