- About this Journal ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 706896, 4 pages
The -1364A/C Aquaporin 5 Gene Promoter Polymorphism Is Not Associated with Menière’s Disease
1Klinik für Hals-Nasen-Ohrenheilkunde, University of Duisburg-Essen, 45122 Essen, Germany
2Klinik für Anästhesiologie und Intensivmedizin, University of Duisburg-Essen and Universitätsklinikum Essen, 45122 Essen, Germany
3Institut für Pharmakogenetik, University of Duisburg-Essen, 45122 Essen, Germany
Received 21 July 2012; Accepted 3 September 2012
Academic Editors: A. Horii, B. Mazurek, and A. D. Rapidis
Copyright © 2012 Diana Arweiler-Harbeck et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- A. N. Mhatre, S. Steinbach, K. Hribar, A. T. M. S. Hoque, and A. K. Lalwani, “Identification of aquaporin 5 (AQP5) within the cochlea: cDNA cloning and in situ localization,” Biochemical and Biophysical Research Communications, vol. 264, no. 1, pp. 157–162, 1999.
- E. Beitz, H. P. Zenner, and J. E. Schultz, “Aquaporin-mediated fluid regulation in the inner ear,” Cellular and Molecular Neurobiology, vol. 23, no. 3, pp. 315–329, 2003.
- M. Adamzik, U. H. Frey, K. Bitzer et al., “A novel-1364A/C aquaporin 5 gene promoter polymorphism influences the responses to salt loading of the renin-angiotensin-aldosterone system and of blood pressure in young healthy men,” Basic Research in Cardiology, vol. 103, no. 6, pp. 598–610, 2008.
- E. M. Monsell, “Committee on Hearing and Equilibrium guidelines for the diagnosis and evaluation of therapy in Menière’s disease,” Otolaryngology—Head and Neck Surgery, vol. 113, no. 3, pp. 181–185, 1995.
- D. Arweiler-Harbeck, B. Horsthemke, K. Jahnke, and H. C. Hennies, “Genetic aspects of familial Menière’s disease,” Otology & Neurotology, vol. 32, pp. 695–700, 2011.
- W. Siffert, P. Forster, K. H. Jöckel et al., “Worldwide ethnic distribution of the G protein β3 subunit 825T allele and its association with obesity in caucasian, Chinese, and black African individuals,” Journal of the American Society of Nephrology, vol. 10, no. 9, pp. 1921–1930, 1999.
- M. Blüthner, S. Schmidt, W. Siffert, H. Knigge, P. Nawroth, and E. Ritz, “Increased frequency of G-protein β3-subunit 825 T allele in dialyzed patients with type 2 diabetes,” Kidney International, vol. 55, no. 4, pp. 1247–1250, 1999.
- F. Mancini, M. Catalani, M. Carru, and B. Monti, “History of Menière’s disease and its clinical presentation,” Otolaryngologic Clinics of North America, vol. 35, no. 3, pp. 565–580, 2002.
- M. J. Derebery and K. I. Berliner, “Allergy and Menière’s disease,” Current Allergy and Asthma Reports, vol. 7, no. 6, pp. 451–456, 2007.
- J. Klar, C. Frykholm, U. Friberg, and N. Dahl, “A Menière’s disease gene linked to chromosome 12p12.3,” American Journal of Medical Genetics B, vol. 141, no. 5, pp. 463–467, 2006.
- M. Merves, C. M. Krane, H. Dou, J. H. Greinwald, A. G. Menon, and D. Choo, “Expression of aquaporin 1 and 5 in the developing mouse inner ear and audiovestibular assessment of an Aqp5 null mutant,” Journal of the Association for Research in Otolaryngology, vol. 4, no. 2, pp. 264–275, 2003.
- B. Hirt, Z. H. Penkova, A. Eckhard et al., “The subcellular distribution of aquaporin 5 in the cochlea reveals a water shunt at the perilymph-endolymph barrier,” Neuroscience, vol. 168, no. 4, pp. 957–970, 2010.