- About this Journal ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
ISRN Communications and Networking
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 714506, 9 pages
Game Theoretic Modeling of NGANs: Impact of Retail and Wholesale Services Price Variation
1School of Technology and Management, Polytechnic Institute of Bragança (IPB), 5301-857 Bragança, Portugal
2Institute for Systems and Robotics, Technical University of Lisbon (IST), 1049-001 Lisbon, Portugal
Received 20 February 2012; Accepted 8 April 2012
Academic Editors: L. Pavel and R. Szabo
Copyright © 2012 João Paulo R. Pereira and Pedro Ferreira. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- S. L. Kota, Satellite Multimedia Networks and Technical Challenges, Microwave Review, 2006.
- O. C. Ibe, Fixed Broadband Wireless Access Networks and Services, John Wiley & Sons, 2002.
- J. P. R. Pereira and P. Ferreira, “Access networks for mobility: a techno-economic model for broadband access technologies,” in Proceedings of the 5th International Conference on Testbeds and Research Infrastructures for the Development of Networks and Communities and Workshops (TridentCom '09), pp. 1–7, April 2009.
- J. S. Marcus, D. Elixmann, C. Wernick, et al., “Next Generation Networks (NGNs), European Parliament,” 2009.
- F. Kirsch and C. Von Hirschhausen, “Regulation of NGN: structural separation, access regulation, or no regulation at all?” in Proceedings of the 1st International Conference on Infrastructure Systems and Services: Building Networks for a Brighter Future (INFRA '08), pp. 1–8, November 2008.
- C. Jaag and M. Lutzenberger, “Approaches to FTTH-regulation. An International Comparison,” in Proceedings of the 2nd Annual Conference on Competition and Regulation in Network Industries, p. 23, 2009.
- J. P. Pereira, “Telecommunication Policies for Broadband Access Networks,” in Proceedings of the 37th Research Conference on Communication, Information and Internet Policy, pp. 1–13, 2009.
- Analysys-Mason, Telecoms infrastructure access—sample survey of duct access, Ofcom, 2009.
- J. P. Pereira and P. Ferreira, “Next Generation Access Networks (NGANs) and the geographical segmentation of markets,” in Proceedings of the 10th International Conference on Networks (ICN '11), p. 6, 2011.
- J. Rendón, F. Kuhlmann, and J. P. Aranis, “A business case for the deployment of a 4G wireless heterogeneous network in Spain,” in Proceedings of the 18th European Regional International Telecommunications Society, 2007.
- T. Monath, N. K. Elnegaard, P. Cadro, D. Katsianis, and D. Varoutas, “Economics of fixed broadband access network strategies,” IEEE Communications Magazine, vol. 41, no. 9, pp. 132–139, 2003.
- F. Loizillon, J. Harno, I. Welling, et al., “Final results on seamless mobile IP service provision economics,” IST-Information Society Technologies, 2002.
- T. Monath, “Techno-economic results for fixed access network evolution scenarios,” in Book Techno-Economic Results for Fixed Access Network Evolution Scenarios, Techno-Economic Results for Fixed Access Network Evolution Scenarios, p. 28, 2005.
- “Analysys-Mason, The costs of deploying fibre-based next-generation broadband infrastructure,” Analysys-Mason, Broadband Stakeholder Group, 2008.
- CSMG, “Economics of Shared Infrastructure Access,” 2010.
- K. Stordahl, “Broadband demand and the role of new technologies,” in Proceedings of the The 13th International Telecommunications Network Strategy and Planning Symposium, pp. 1–23, 2008.
- K. Stordahl, “Market development up to 2015, MARCH—Multilink architecture for multiplay services,” 2010.
- K. Stordahl, L. A. Ims, and B. T. Olsen, “Risk methodology for evaluating broadband access network architectures,” Telektronikk, vol. 2, no. 3, pp. 273–285, 1999.
- V. Riihimäki, “Managing Uncertainties in Broadband Investments—Case Studies of Real Options for Rural Area Access Networks,” Department of Communications and Networking, Aalto University, Aalto, Fnland, 2010.
- European-Union, “Europe’s Digital Competitiveness Report 2010,” European Union, 2010.