- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
ISRN Materials Science
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 719087, 6 pages
Low-Temperature Synthesis of -BiTa Photocatalyst by the Flux Method
Department of Applied Chemistry, School of Science and Technology, Meiji University, 1-1-1 Higashimita, Tama-ku, Kawasaki, Kanagawa 214-8571, Japan
Received 15 September 2012; Accepted 19 October 2012
Academic Editors: F. Collins and R. A. Varin
Copyright © 2012 Kohei Shimada et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- A. Fujishima and K. Honda, “Electrochemical photolysis of water at a semiconductor electrode,” Nature, vol. 238, no. 5358, pp. 37–38, 1972.
- L. S. Zhang, W. Z. Wang, L. Zhou, and H. L. Xu, “Bi2WO6 Nano- and microstructures: shape control and associated visible-light-driven photocatalytic activities,” Small, vol. 3, no. 9, pp. 1618–1625, 2007.
- Y. Shimodaira, H. Kato, H. Kobayashi, and A. Kudo, “Photophysical properties and pbotocatalytic activities of bismuth molybdates under visible light irradiation,” Journal of Physical Chemistry B, vol. 110, no. 36, pp. 17790–17797, 2006.
- L. Zhou, W. Z. Wang, S. W. Liu, L. S. Zhang, H. L. Xu, and W. Zhu, “A sonochemical route to visible-light-driven high-activity BiVO4 photocatalyst,” Journal of Molecular Catalysis A, vol. 252, no. 1-2, pp. 120–124, 2006.
- R. Shi, J. Lin, Y. J. Wang, J. Xu, and Y. F. Zhu, “Visible-light photocatalytic degradation of BiTaO4 photocatalyst and mechanism of photocorrosion suppression,” Journal of Physical Chemistry C, vol. 114, no. 14, pp. 6472–6477, 2010.
- L. Wang, W. Z. Wang, M. Shang et al., “Visible light responsive bismuth niobate photocatalyst: enhanced contaminant degradation and hydrogen generation,” Journal of Materials Chemistry, vol. 20, no. 38, pp. 8405–8410, 2010.
- Z. G. Zou, J. H. Ye, K. Sayama, and H. Arakawa, “Photocatalytic and photophysical properties of a novel series of solid photocatalysts, BiTa1-xNbxO4,” Chemical Physics Letters, vol. 343, no. 3-4, pp. 303–308, 2001.
- Z. G. Zou, J. H. Ye, and H. Arakawa, “Optical and structural properties of the BiTa1-xNbxO4 compounds,” Solid State Communications, vol. 119, no. 7, pp. 471–475, 2001.
- R. S. Roth and J. L. Waring, “Synthesis and stability of bismutotantalite, stibiotantalite and chemically similar ABO4 compounds,” the American Mineralogistournal, vol. 48, no. 11-12, pp. 1348–1356, 1963.
- H. Muthurajan, U. N. Gupta, B. Rituraj et al., “A co-precipitation technique to prepare BiTaO4 powders,” Materials Letters, vol. 62, no. 3, pp. 501–503, 2008.
- C. G. Almeida, H. M. C. Andrade, A. J. S. Mascarenhas, and L. A. Silva, “Synthesis of nanosized β-BiTaO4 by the polymeric precursor method,” Materials Letters, vol. 64, no. 9, pp. 1088–1090, 2010.
- R. Ullah, H. Q. Sun, H. M. Ang, M. O. Tade, and S. B. Wang, “Visible light photocatalytic degradation of organics on nanoparticles of bi-metallic oxides,” Separation and Purification Technology, vol. 89, no. 6, pp. 98–106, 2012.
- Z. G. Zou, J. H. Ye, and H. Arakawa, “Photocatalytic water splitting into H2 and/or O2 under UV and visible light irradiation with a semiconductor photocatalyst,” International Journal of Hydrogen Energy, vol. 28, no. 6, pp. 663–669, 2003.
- H. J. Zhang, G. Chen, X. Li, and Q. Wang, “Electronic structure and water splitting under visible light irradiation of BiTa1-xCuxO4 photocatalysts,” International Journal of Hydrogen Energy, vol. 34, no. 9, pp. 3631–3638, 2009.
- C. Y. Lee, R. Macquart, Q. Zhou, and B. J. Kennedy, “Structural and spectroscopic studies of BiTa1-xNbxO4,” Journal of Solid State Chemistry, vol. 174, no. 2, pp. 310–318, 2003.
- V. I. Popolitov, “Crystallization of bismuth orthoniobate and orthotantalate under hydrothermal conditions,” Kristallografiya, vol. 33, no. 1, pp. 222–224, 1988.