- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 728571, 12 pages
Calpain Dysregulation in Alzheimer’s Disease
Department of Cell and Molecular Biology, Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University, 303 E. Chicago Avenue, Ward 8-140, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
Received 26 August 2012; Accepted 12 September 2012
Academic Editors: A. Caceres and B. Lenarcic
Copyright © 2012 Adriana Ferreira. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [8 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- MaryKate McBrayer, and Ralph A. Nixon, “Lysosome and calcium dysregulation in Alzheimer's disease: partners in crime,” Biochemical Society Transactions, vol. 41, pp. 1495–1502, 2013.
- Kendall R. Walker, and Giuseppina Tesco, “Molecular mechanisms of cognitive dysfunction following traumatic brain injury,” Frontiers In Aging Neuroscience, vol. 5, 2013.
- Ming Chen, and Huey T. Nguyen, “Our â€œenergy-Ca2+ signaling deficitsâ€ hypothesis and its explanatory potential for key features of Alzheimerâ€™s disease,” Frontiers in Aging Neuroscience, vol. 6, 2014.
- Regina M. Graham, John W. Thompson, and Keith A. Webster, “BNIP3 promotes calcium and calpain-dependent cell death,” Life Sciences, vol. 142, pp. 26–35, 2015.
- Mauro Fà, Hong Zhang, Agnieszka Staniszewski, Faisal Saeed, Li W. Shen, Isaac T. Schiefer, Marton I. Siklos, Subhasish Tapadar, Vladislav A. Litosh, Jenny Libien, Pavel A. Petukhov, Andrew F. Teich, Gregory R.J. Thatcher, and Ottavio Arancio, “Novel Selective Calpain 1 Inhibitors as Potential Therapeutics in Alzheimer’s Disease,” Journal of Alzheimer's Disease, vol. 49, no. 3, pp. 707–721, 2015.
- Andrew F. Teich, Russell E. Nicholls, Daniela Puzzo, Jole Fiorito, Rosa Purgatorio, Mauro Fa’, and Ottavio Arancio, “Synaptic Therapy in Alzheimer’s Disease: A CREB-centric Approach,” Neurotherapeutics, 2015.
- Fatimah Zara Javaid, Jonathan Brenton, Li Guo, and Maria F. Cordeiro, “Visual and Ocular Manifestations of Alzheimer’s Disease and Their Use as Biomarkers for Diagnosis and Progression,” Frontiers in Neurology, vol. 7, 2016.
- Zeinab ElHajj, Amélie Cachot, Terry Müller, Irène M. Riederer, and Beat M. Riederer, “Effects of postmortem delays on protein composition and oxidation,” Brain Research Bulletin, 2016.