- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 750363, 6 pages
Gentle Human Touch and Yakson: The Effect on Preterm's Behavioral Reactions
1Faculty of Medicine, Kerman Medical University, Kerman 7616913555, Iran
2Razi Faculty of Nursing and Midwifery, Kerman Medical University, Kerman 7616913555, Iran
3Research Center for Modeling in Health, Kerman Medical University, Kerman 7616913555, Iran
Received 14 March 2012; Accepted 8 April 2012
Academic Editors: R. A. Benkert and E. Kim
Copyright © 2012 Bahare Bahman Bijari et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- C. Kenner, Nurse's Clinical Guide Neonatal Care, Springhouse, pennsylvania, Pa, USA, 2nd edition, 1998.
- M. T. Verklan and M. Walden, Core Curriculum For Neonatal Intensive Care Nursing, Saunders, 2010.
- S. Arzumanias, Neonatal Nursing, Boshra, Tehran, Iran, 2004.
- R. Lucas-Thompson, E. L. Townsend, M. R. Gunnar et al., “Developmental changes in the responses of preterm infants to a painful stressor,” Infant Behavior and Development, vol. 31, no. 4, pp. 614–623, 2008.
- H. Im and E. Kim, “Effect of Yakson and gentle human touch versus usual care on urine stress hormones and behaviors in preterm infants: a quasi-experimental study,” International Journal of Nursing Studies, vol. 46, no. 4, pp. 450–458, 2009.
- D. Holditch-Davis, “Development of sleep and sleep problems in preterm infants,” Encyclopedia on Early Childhood Development. Centre of Excellence for Early Childhood Development, Montreal, Quebec, Canada, pp. 1–8, 2010, http://www.child-encyclopedia.com/documents/Holditch-DavisANGxp_rev.pdf.
- M. Aita and C. Goulet, “Assessment of neonatal nurses' behaviors that prevent overstimulation in preterm infants,” Intensive and Critical Care Nursing, vol. 19, no. 2, pp. 109–118, 2003.
- L. L. Harrison, A. K. Williams, M. L. Berbaum, J. T. Stem, and J. Leeper, “Physiologic and behavioral effects of gentle human touch on preterm infants,” Research in Nursing & Health, vol. 23, no. 6, pp. 435–446, 2000.
- P. Woodrow and J. Roe, Intensive Care Nursing: A Framework for Practice, Psychology Press, Sussex, UK, 2000.
- A. S. Sadat Hoseini, N. Dehqhannyry, A. Mehran, Z. Purasmayl, and M. Azymnezhad, “Effects of massage on anxiety level before invasive procedures in children 7–11 years old,” Journal of Nursing and Midwifery, vol. 16, no. 3-4, pp. 31–38, 2010.
- L. S. Brunner, B. G. Bare, S. C. Smeltzer, J. L. Hinkle, and K. H. Cheever, Brunner and Suddarth's Textbook of Medical-Surgical Nursing, vol. 1, Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, 2009.
- M. A. Modrcin-Talbott, L. L. Harrison, M. W. Groer, and M. S. Younger, “The biobehavioral effects of gentle human touch on preterm infants,” Nursing Science Quarterly, vol. 16, no. 1, pp. 60–67, 2003.
- H. Im, E. Kim, and K. C. Cain, “Acute effects of Yakson and gentle human touch on the behavioral state of preterm infants,” Journal of Child Health Care, vol. 13, no. 3, pp. 212–226, 2009.
- A. Vickers, A. Ohlsson, J. B. Lacy, and A. Horsley, “Massage for promoting growth and development of preterm and/or low birth-weight infants,” Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews, no. 2, Article ID CD000390, 2004.
- G. D. Reynolds and J. E. Richards, “Familiarization, attention, and recognition memory in infancy: an event-related potential and cortical source localization study,” Developmental Psychology, vol. 41, no. 4, pp. 598–615, 2005.
- S. S. Jay, “The effects of gentle human touch on mechanically ventilated very-short-gestation infants,” Maternal-Child Nursing Journal, vol. 11, no. 4, pp. 199–259, 1982.
- G. C. Anderson, “Anderson behavioral state scoring system,” in Proceedings of the Neonatal Nurses Annual Conference, 1994.
- T. M. Field, S. M. Schanberg, and F. Scafidi, “Tactile/kinesthetic stimulation effects on preterm neonates,” Pediatrics, vol. 77, no. 5, pp. 654–658, 1986.
- L. Harrison, M. Groer, M. Modrcin-McCarthy, and J. Wilkinson, “Effects of gentle human touch on preterm infants: results from a pilot study,” Infant Behavior and Development, vol. 15, no. 12, 1992.
- L. Harrison, L. Olivet, K. Cunningham, M. B. Bodin, and C. Hicks, “Effects of gentle human touch on preterm infants: pilot study results,” Neonatal Network, vol. 15, no. 2, pp. 35–42, 1996.