- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 750908, 4 pages
Is There an Association between Keloids and Blood Groups?
1Department of Dermatology, Teaching Hospital of Tokoin, University of Lomé, 08 BP 80598, Lomé, Togo
2Department of Anesthesiology, Teaching Hospital of Tokoin, University of Lomé, 08 BP 80598, Lomé, Togo
Received 19 October 2012; Accepted 8 November 2012
Academic Editors: E. Pasmatzi and P. D. Shenefelt
Copyright © 2012 Abas Mouhari-Toure et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- R. S. English and P. D. Shenefelt, “Keloids and hypertrophic scars,” Dermatologic Surgery, vol. 25, no. 8, pp. 631–638, 1999.
- M. E. Reid and N. Mohandas, “Red blood cell blood group antigens: structure and function,” Seminars in Hematology, vol. 41, no. 2, pp. 93–117, 2004.
- G. Garratty, “Blood groups and disease: a historical perspective,” Transfusion Medicine Reviews, vol. 14, no. 4, pp. 291–301, 2000.
- H. Shahkar, M. K. Fallahzadeh, and M. R. Namazi, “ABO blood groups and pemphigus vulgaris: no relationship,” Acta Dermatovenerologica Alpina, Pannonica et Adriatica, vol. 19, no. 1, pp. 49–51, 2010.
- C. P. Karakousis, E. Evlogimenos, and O. Suh, “Blood groups and malignant melanoma,” Journal of Surgical Oncology, vol. 33, no. 1, pp. 24–26, 1986.
- J. Xie, A. A. Qureshi, Y. Li, and J. Han, “ABO blood group and incidence of skin cancer,” PLoS ONE, vol. 5, no. 8, Article ID e11972, 2010.
- V. De Giorgi, M. Grazzini, A. Gori et al., “ABO blood group and risk of cutaneous malignant melanoma,” European Journal of Cancer Prevention, vol. 20, no. 2, pp. 121–122, 2011.
- S. A. M. Balajee, T. Menon, and S. Ranganathan, “ABO blood groups in relation to the infection rate of dermatophytosis,” Mycoses, vol. 39, no. 11-12, pp. 475–478, 1996.
- S. A. Berger, N. A. Young, and S. C. Edberg, “Relationship between infectious diseases and human blood type,” European Journal of Clinical Microbiology and Infectious Diseases, vol. 8, no. 8, pp. 681–689, 1989.
- K. M. Ramakrishnan, K. P. Thomas, and C. R. Sundararajan, “Study of 1,000 patients with keloids in South India,” Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, vol. 53, no. 3, pp. 276–280, 1974.
- P. Pitche, S. Tchamdja, Y. Amanga, and K. Tchangai-Walla, “Skin diseases in hospital environment in Lome (Togo),” Nouvelles Dermatologiques, vol. 16, no. 8, pp. 369–373, 1997.
- A. Loua, M. R. Lamah, N. Y. Haba, and M. Camara, “Frequency of blood groups ABO and rhesus D in the Guinean population,” Transfusion Clinique et Biologique, vol. 14, no. 5, pp. 435–439, 2007.
- C. Dulat, J. L. Rey, and C. Trolet, “Répartition ethnique des groupes sanguins en Côte d'Ivoire,” Medecine Afrique Noire, vol. 36, pp. 884–890, 1989.
- J. J. Brown and A. Bayat, “Genetic susceptibility to raised dermal scarring,” British Journal of Dermatology, vol. 161, no. 1, pp. 8–18, 2009.
- B. Shih and A. Bayat, “Genetics of keloid scarring,” Archives of Dermatological Research, vol. 302, no. 5, pp. 319–339, 2010.
- A. G. Marneros, J. E. C. Norris, S. Watanabe, E. Reichenberger, and B. R. Olsen, “Genome scans provide evidence for keloid susceptibility loci on chromosomes 2q23 and 7p11,” Journal of Investigative Dermatology, vol. 122, no. 5, pp. 1126–1132, 2004.
- Y. Chen, J. H. Gao, X. J. Liu, X. Yan, and M. Song, “Characteristics of occurrence for Han Chinese familial keloids,” Burns, vol. 32, no. 8, pp. 1052–1059, 2006.
- J. A. Clark, M. L. Turner, L. Howard, H. Stanescu, R. Kleta, and J. B. Kopp, “Description of familial keloids in five pedigrees: evidence for autosomal dominant inheritance and phenotypic heterogeneity,” BMC Dermatology, vol. 9, article 8, 2009.
- M. A. Ferguson Smith, D. A. Aitken, C. Turleau, and J. De Grouchy, “Localisation of the human ABO: Np-1 : AK-1 linkage group by regional assignment of AK-1 to 9q34,” Human Genetics, vol. 34, no. 1, pp. 35–43, 1976.
- Y. Colin, B. Cherif-Zahar, C. Le Van Kim, I. Mouro, and J. P. Cartron, “Recent advances in molecular and genetic analysis of Rh blood group structures,” Journal of Medical Primatology, vol. 22, no. 1, pp. 36–43, 1993.
- J. J. Brown, W. E. R. Ollier, W. Thomson, and A. Bayat, “Positive association of HLA-DRB1*15 with keloid disease in Caucasians,” International Journal of Immunogenetics, vol. 35, no. 4-5, pp. 303–307, 2008.
- W. S. Lu, J. F. Wang, S. Yang et al., “Association of HLA-DQA1 and DQB1 alleles with keloids in Chinese Hans,” Journal of Dermatological Science, vol. 52, no. 2, pp. 108–117, 2008.