- About this Journal
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 754704, 9 pages
Mechanochemical Synthesis of Fluorapatite-Zinc Oxide (FAp-ZnO) Composite Nanopowders
Materials Engineering Department, Najafabad Branch, Islamic Azad University, P.O. Box 8514143131, Najafabad, Isfahan, Iran
Received 20 May 2012; Accepted 10 July 2012
Academic Editors: H. Maiwa, C.-F. Yang, and K. Zupan
Copyright © 2012 Bahman Nasiri-Tabrizi and Abbas Fahami. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- S. J. Kalita, A. Bhardwaj, and H. A. Bhatt, “Nanocrystalline calcium phosphate ceramics in biomedical engineering,” Materials Science and Engineering C, vol. 27, no. 3, pp. 441–449, 2007.
- H. W. Kim, L. H. Li, Y. H. Koh, J. C. Knowles, and H. E. Kim, “Sol-gel preparation and properties of fluoride-substituted hydroxyapatite powders,” Journal of the American Ceramic Society, vol. 87, no. 10, pp. 1939–1944, 2004.
- M. H. Fathi and E. Mohammadi Zahrani, “Mechanical alloying synthesis and bioactivity evaluation of nanocrystalline fluoridated hydroxyapatite,” Journal of Crystal Growth, vol. 311, no. 5, pp. 1392–1403, 2009.
- M. H. Fathi, E. Mohammadi Zahrani, and A. Zomorodian, “Novel fluorapatite/niobium composite coating for metallic human body implants,” Materials Letters, vol. 63, no. 13-14, pp. 1195–1198, 2009.
- H. Zeng, K. K. Chittur, and W. R. Lacefield, “Analysis of bovine serum albumin adsorption on calcium phosphate and titanium surfaces,” Biomaterials, vol. 20, no. 4, pp. 377–384, 1999.
- H. W. Kim, Y. M. Kong, C. J. Bae, Y. J. Noh, and H. E. Kim, “Sol-gel derived fluor-hydroxyapatite biocoatings on zirconia substrate,” Biomaterials, vol. 25, no. 15, pp. 2919–2926, 2004.
- B. Viswanath and N. Ravishankar, “Interfacial reactions in hydroxyapatite/alumina nanocomposites,” Scripta Materialia, vol. 55, no. 10, pp. 863–866, 2006.
- R. Ramachandra Rao and T. S. Kannan, “Synthesis and sintering of hydroxyapatite-zirconia composites,” Materials Science and Engineering C, vol. 20, no. 1-2, pp. 187–193, 2002.
- Z. Evis, “Reactions in hydroxylapatite-zirconia composites,” Ceramics International, vol. 33, no. 6, pp. 987–991, 2007.
- S. Nath, R. Tripathi, and B. Basu, “Understanding phase stability, microstructure development and biocompatibility in calcium phosphate-titania composites, synthesized from hydroxyapatite and titanium powder mix,” Materials Science and Engineering C, vol. 29, no. 1, pp. 97–107, 2009.
- E. Adolfsson, M. Nygren, and L. Hermansson, “Decomposition mechanisms in aluminum oxide-apatite systems,” Journal of the American Ceramic Society, vol. 82, no. 10, pp. 2909–2912, 1999.
- H. W. Kim, Y. M. Kong, Y. H. Koh, H. E. Kim, H. M. Kim, and J. S. Ko, “Pressureless sintering and mechanical and biological properties of fluor-hydroxyapatite composites with zirconia,” Journal of the American Ceramic Society, vol. 86, no. 12, pp. 2019–2026, 2003.
- F. Ben Ayed and J. Bouaziz, “Sintering of tricalcium phosphate-fluorapatite composites with zirconia,” Journal of the European Ceramic Society, vol. 28, no. 10, pp. 1995–2002, 2008.
- I. Mobasherpour, M. Solati-Hashjin, A. Kazemzadeh, and M. Zakeri, “s,” Journal of Alloys and Compounds, vol. 430, no. 1-2, pp. 330–333, 2007.
- N. Kivrak and A. C. Taş, “Synthesis of calcium hydroxyapatite-tricalcium phosphate (HA-TCP) composite bioceramic powders and their sintering behavior,” Journal of the American Ceramic Society, vol. 81, no. 9, pp. 2245–2252, 1998.
- F. Liu, F. Wang, T. Shimizu, K. Igarashi, and L. Zhao, “Hydroxyapatite formation on oxide films containing Ca and P by hydrothermal treatment,” Ceramics International, vol. 32, no. 5, pp. 527–531, 2006.
- C. C. Silva, A. G. Pinheiro, M. A. R. Miranda, J. C. Góes, and A. S. B. Sombra, “Structural properties of hydroxyapatite obtained by mechanosynthesis,” Solid State Sciences, vol. 5, no. 4, pp. 553–558, 2003.
- A. Balamurugan, S. Kannan, and S. Rajeswari, “Bioactive sol-gel hydroxyapatite surface for biomedical application-in vitro study,” Trends in Biomaterials and Artificial Organs, vol. 16, no. 1, pp. 18–20, 2002.
- C. Suryanarayana, “Mechanical alloying and milling,” Progress in Materials Science, vol. 46, no. 1-2, pp. 1–184, 2001.
- C. L. de Castro and B. S. Mitchell, “Nanoparticles from mechanical attrition,” in Synthesis Functionalization and Surface Treatment of Nanoparticles, M. I. Baraton, Ed., pp. 1–14, American Scientific Publishers, Stevenson Ranch, Calif, USA, 2002.
- O. Gunduz, E. M. Erkan, S. Daglilar, S. Salman, S. Agathopoulos, and F. N. Oktar, “Composites of bovine hydroxyapatite (BHA) and ZnO,” Journal of Materials Science, vol. 43, no. 8, pp. 2536–2540, 2008.
- A. Bandyopadhyay, E. A. Withey, J. Moore, and S. Bose, “Influence of ZnO doping in calcium phosphate ceramics,” Materials Science and Engineering C, vol. 27, no. 1, pp. 14–17, 2007.
- R. Ebrahimi-Kahrizsangi, B. Nasiri-Tabrizi, and A. Chami, “Characterization of single-crystal fluorapatite nanoparticles synthesized via mechanochemical method,” Particuology, vol. 9, no. 5, pp. 537–544, 2011.
- J. Qian, Y. Kang, W. Zhang, and Z. Li, “Fabrication, chemical composition change and phase evolution of biomorphic hydroxyapatite,” Journal of Materials Science, vol. 19, no. 11, pp. 3373–3383, 2008.
- P. Singh, A. Kumar, A. Kaushal, D. Kaur, A. Pandey, and R. N. Goyal, “In situ high temperature XRD studies of ZnO nanopowder prepared via cost effective ultrasonic mist chemical vapour deposition,” Bulletin of Materials Science, vol. 31, no. 3, pp. 573–577, 2008.
- E. Landi, A. Tampieri, G. Celotti, and S. Sprio, “Densification behaviour and mechanisms of synthetic hydroxyapatites,” Journal of the European Ceramic Society, vol. 20, no. 14-15, pp. 2377–2387, 2000.
- J. P. Lafon, E. Champion, and D. Bernache-Assollant, “Processing of AB-type carbonated hydroxyapatite ceramics with controlled composition,” Journal of the European Ceramic Society, vol. 28, no. 1, pp. 139–147, 2008.
- I. Nikčević, V. Jokanović, M. Mitrić, Z. Nedić, D. Makovec, and D. Uskoković, “Mechanochemical synthesis of nanostructured fluorapatite/ fluorhydroxyapatite and carbonated fluorapatite/fluorhydroxyapatite,” Journal of Solid State Chemistry, vol. 177, no. 7, pp. 2565–2574, 2004.
- A. Banerjee, A. Bandyopadhyay, and S. Bose, “Hydroxyapatite nanopowders: synthesis, densification and cell-materials interaction,” Materials Science and Engineering C, vol. 27, no. 4, pp. 729–735, 2007.
- B. Basu and K. Balani, Advanced Structural Ceramics, The American Ceramic Society, Westerville, Ohio, USA; John Wiley & Sons, Hoboken, NJ, USA, 1st edition, 2011.
- B. Nasiri-Tabrizi, P. Honarmandi, R. Ebrahimi-Kahrizsangi, and P. Honarmandi, “Synthesis of nanosize single-crystal hydroxyapatite via mechanochemical method,” Materials Letters, vol. 63, no. 5, pp. 543–546, 2009.
- A. Fahami, R. Ebrahimi-Kahrizsangi, and B. Nasiri-Tabrizi, “Mechanochemical synthesis of hydroxyapatite/titanium nanocomposite,” Solid State Sciences, vol. 13, no. 1, pp. 135–141, 2011.
- R. Ebrahimi-Kahrizsangi, B. Nasiri-Tabrizi, and A. Chami, “Synthesis and characterization of fluorapatite-titania (FAp-TiO2) nanocomposite via mechanochemical process,” Solid State Sciences, vol. 12, no. 9, pp. 1645–1651, 2010.