- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
ISRN Mathematical Physics
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 760239, 17 pages
On the Majorana Equation: Relations between Its Complex Two-Component and Real Four-Component Eigenfunctions
Institute for Experimental and Applied Physics, Christian Albrechts University at Kiel, Leibnizstraße 11, 24118 Kiel, Germany
Received 2 July 2012; Accepted 24 July 2012
Academic Editors: K. Ammari, A. Herrera-Aguilar, D. Ida, and A. Sanyal
Copyright © 2012 Eckart Marsch. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- E. Marsch, “The two-component Majorana equation—novel derivations and known symmetries,” Journal of Modern Physics, vol. 2, pp. 1109–1114, 2011.
- P. A. M. Dirac, “The quantum theory of the electron,” Proceedings of the Royal Society London, vol. 117, pp. 610–624, 1928.
- E. Majorana, “Teoria simmetrica dell' elettrone e del positrone,” Nuovo Cimento, vol. 14, pp. 171–184, 1937.
- R. N. Mohapatra and P. B. Pal, Massive Neutrinos in Physics and Astrophysics, World Scientific, Singapore, 2004.
- M. Fukugita and T. Yanagida, Physics of Neutrinos and Applications to Astrophysics, Springer, Berlin, Germany, 2003.
- K. M. Case, “Reformulation of the Majorana theory of the neutrino,” Physical Review, vol. 107, pp. 307–316, 1957.
- P. D. Mannheim, “Introduction to Majorana masses,” International Journal of Theoretical Physics, vol. 23, no. 7, pp. 643–674, 1984.
- P. B. Pal, “Dirac, Majorana, and Weyl fermions,” American Journal of Physics, vol. 79, pp. 485–498, 2011.
- A. Das, Lectures on Quantum Field Theory, World Scientific Publishing, Singapore, 2008.
- M. Kaku, Quantum Field Theory. A Modern Introduction, The Clarendon Press Oxford University Press, New York, NY, USA, 1993.
- W. Pauli, “Zur quantenmechanik des magnetischen elektrons,” Zeitschrift fur Physik A, vol. 43, pp. 601–623, 1927.
- H. Jehle, “Two-component wave equations,” Physical Review, vol. 75, p. 1609, 1949.
- H. Weyl, “Elektron und graviton I,” Zeitschrift fur Physik, vol. 56, pp. 330–352, 1929.