- About this Journal ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 762340, 4 pages
Fournier's Gangrene: Conventional Dressings versus Dressings with Dakin's Solution
1Department of Urology, Medical Faculty, Kahramanmaraş Sütçü İmam University, Yörükselim Mah. Hastane Cad. No. 32, 46100 Kahramanmaraş, Turkey
2Department of Urology, Kahramanmaras State Hospital, 46100 Kahramanmaraş, Turkey
3Private Kadirli 7 Mart Hospital, 46100 Osmaniye, Turkey
4Department of Plastic Surgery, Medical Faculty, Kahramanmaraş Sütçü İmam University, 46100 Kahramanmaraş, Turkey
Received 3 November 2011; Accepted 15 December 2011
Academic Editor: K. Naber
Copyright © 2012 Bülent Altunoluk et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- D. Koukouras, P. Kallidonis, C. Panagopoulos et al., “Fournier's gangrene, a urologic and surgical emergency: presentation of a multi-institutional experience with 45 cases,” Urologia Internationalis, vol. 86, pp. 167–172, 2011.
- A. S. Celik, H. Erdem, D. Guzey et al., “Fournier's gangrene: series of twenty patients,” European Surgical Research, vol. 46, no. 2, pp. 82–86, 2011.
- H. Yanar, K. Taviloglu, C. Ertekin et al., “Fournier's gangrene: risk factors and strategies for management,” World Journal of Surgery, vol. 30, no. 9, pp. 1750–1754, 2006.
- M. D. Sorensen, J. N. Krieger, P. R. Frederick et al., “Fournier's gangrene: population based epidemiology and outcomes,” The Journal of Urology, vol. 181, no. 5, pp. 2120–2126, 2009.
- H. Unalp, E. Kamer, H. Derici et al., “Fournier's gangrene: evaluation of 68 patients and analysis of prognostic variables,” Journal of Postgraduate Medicine, vol. 54, no. 2, pp. 102–105, 2008.
- L. Tahmaz, F. Erdemir, Y. Kibar, A. Cosar, and O. Yalcýn, “Fournier's gangrene: report of thirty-three cases and a review of the literature,” International Journal of Urology, vol. 13, no. 7, pp. 960–967, 2006.
- H. J. Jeong, S. C. Park, I. Y. Seo, and J. S. Rim, “Prognostic factors in Fournier gangrene,” International Journal of Urology, vol. 12, no. 12, pp. 1041–1044, 2005.
- J. M. Corman, J. A. Moody, and W. J. Aronson, “Fournier's gangrene in a modern surgical setting: improved survival with aggressive management,” BJU International, vol. 84, no. 1, pp. 85–88, 1999.
- R. Czymek, A. Schmidt, C. Eckmann et al., “Fournier's gangrene: vacuum-assisted closure versus conventional dressings,” The American Journal of Surgery, vol. 197, no. 2, pp. 168–176, 2009.
- J. S. Haller Jr., “Treatment of infected wounds during the Great War, 1914 to 1918,” Southern Medical Journal, vol. 85, no. 3, pp. 303–315, 1992.
- J. P. Heggers, J. A. Sazy, B. D. Stenberg et al., “Bactericidal and wound-healing properties of sodium hypochlorite solutions: the 1991 Lindberg Award,” Journal of Burn Care and Rehabilitation, vol. 12, no. 5, pp. 420–424, 1991.
- A. N. Neely, J. Gardner, P. Durkee et al., “Are topical antimicrobials effective against bacteria that are highly resistant to systemic antibiotics?” Journal of Burn Care and Research, vol. 30, no. 1, pp. 19–29, 2009.
- S. N. Chawla, C. Gallop, and J. H. Mydlo, “Fournier's gangrene: an analysis of repeated surgical debridement,” European Urology, vol. 43, no. 5, pp. 572–575, 2003.
- A. A. Nisbet and I. M. Thompson, “Impact of diabetes mellitus on the presentation and outcomes of Fournier's gangrene,” Urology, vol. 60, no. 5, pp. 775–779, 2002.
- N. Eke, “Fournier's gangrene: a review of 1726 cases,” British Journal of Surgery, vol. 87, no. 6, pp. 718–728, 2000.
- R. M. Rodríguez, J. de León, J. Caparrós, and H. Villavicencio, “Fournier's gangrene: a monographic urology center experience with twenty patients,” Urologia Internationalis, vol. 83, no. 3, pp. 323–328, 2009.
- M. Gürdal, E. Yücebas, A. Tekin, M. Beysel, R. Aslan, and F. Şengör, “Predisposing factors and treatment outcome in Fournier's gangrene: analysis of 28 cases,” Urologia Internationalis, vol. 70, no. 4, pp. 286–290, 2003.
- P. Cornwell, M. Arnold-Long, S. B. Barss, and M. F. Varnado, “The use of dakin's solution in chronic wounds: a clinical perspective case series,” Journal of Wound, Ostomy and Continence Nursing, vol. 37, no. 1, pp. 94–104, 2010.
- U. R. Limjoco, C. W. Landon, and J. J. Ragland, “The contributions of Alexis Carrel to the management of contaminated wounds,” Canadian Journal of Surgery, vol. 38, no. 2, pp. 183–187, 1995.
- S. J. Cyr, D. Hensley, and G. E. Benedetti, “Treatment of field water with sodium hypochlorite for surgical irrigation,” The Journal of Trauma, vol. 57, no. 2, pp. 231–235, 2004.
- S. Barese, B. Fichandler, and C. Cuono, “Important considerations in the use of hypochlorites as antimicrobials,” Proceedings of the American Burn Association, vol. 17, article 59, 1985.
- D. Doughty, “A rational approach to the use of topical antiseptics,” Journal of Wound, Ostomy and Continence Nursing, vol. 21, no. 6, pp. 224–231, 1994.