- About this Journal ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
ISRN Signal Processing
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 781940, 11 pages
DCT Watermarking Approach for Security Enhancement of Multimodal System
1C. K. Pithawala College Of Engineering and Technology, Pithawala Educational Complex, Near Malvan Mandir, Via Magdalla Port, Dumas Road, Surat, Gujarat, India
2Sardar Vallabhbhai National Institute of Technology, SVNIT, Ichchhanath Road, Piplod, Surat, Gujarat, India
Received 1 November 2012; Accepted 24 November 2012
Academic Editors: C.-M. Kuo and P.-Y. Yin
Copyright © 2012 Mita Paunwala and S. Patnaik. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- A. Jain, S. Pankanti, and R. Bolle, BIOMETRICS: Personal Identification in Networked Society, Kluwer, New York, NY, USA, 1999.
- S. Ribaric, D. Ribaric, and N. Pavesic, “Multimodal biometric user-identification system for network-based applications,” IEE Proceedings on Vision, Image & Signal Processing, vol. 150, no. 6, pp. 409–416, 2003.
- B. Schneier, “The uses and abuses of biometrics,” Communications of the ACM, vol. 42, no. 8, p. 136, 1999.
- D. Maltoni, D. Maio, A. K. Jain, and S. Prabhakar, Handbook of Fingerprint Recognition, Springer, 2003.
- U. Uludag and A. K. Jain, “Attacks on biometric systems: a case study in fingerprints,” in Proceedings of the Security, Seganography and Watermarking of Multimedia Contents VI, vol. 5306 of Proceedings SPIE, pp. 622–633, San Jose, Calif, USA, January 2004.
- N. K. Ratha, J. H. Connell, and R. M. Bolle:, “An analysis of minutiae matching strength,” in Proceedings of the 3rd International Conference on Audio- and Video-Based Biometric Person Authentication, pp. 223–228, June 2001.
- V. Claus and S. Ralf, “Approaches to biometric watermarks for owner authentication,” in Proceedings of the Security and Watermarking of Multimedia Contents III, vol. 43 of Proceedings of SPIE, no. 14, pp. 209–219, January 2001.
- A. K. Jain and U. Uludag, “Hiding fingerprint minutiae in images,” in Proceedings of 3rd Workshop on Automatic Identification Advanced Technologies (AutoID '02), pp. 97–102, 2002.
- A. K. Jain and U. Uludag, “Hiding biometric data,” IEEE Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence, vol. 25, no. 11, pp. 1494–1498, 2003.
- M. Vatsa, R. Singh, and A. Noore, “Improving biometric recognition accuracy and robustness using DWT and SVM watermarking,” IEICE Electronics Express, vol. 2, no. 12, pp. 362–367, 2005.
- M. Vatsa, R. Singh, A. Noore, M. M. Houck, and K. Morris, “Robust biometric image watermarking for fingerprint and face template protection,” IEICE Electronics Express, vol. 3, no. 2, pp. 23–28, 2006.
- N. K. Ratha, J. H. Connell, and R. M. Bolle, “Secure data hiding in wavelet compressed fingerprint images,” in International Multimedia Conference, Proceedings of the ACM Workshop on Multimedia, pp. 127–130, 2000.
- A. K. Jain, U. Uludag, and R. L. Hsu, “Hiding a face in a fingerprint image,” Proceedings of International Conference on Pattern Recognition, vol. 3, pp. 756–759, 2002.
- A. Noore, R. Singh, M. Vatsa, and M. M. Houck, “Enhancing security of fingerprints through contextual biometric watermarking,” Forensic Science International, vol. 169, no. 2-3, pp. 188–194, 2007.
- N. Komninos and T. Dimitriou, “Protecting biometric templates with image watermarking technique,” in International Conference on Biometrics, vol. 4642 of Lecture Notes in Computer Science, pp. 114–123, 2007.
- H. Al-Assam, H. Sellahewa, and S. Jassim, “A lightweight approach for biometric template protection,” in Proceedings of the Mobile Multimedia/Image Processing, Security, and Applications, vol. 7351 of Proceedings of SPIE, April 2009.
- A. Nagar, K. Nandakumar, and A. K. Jain, “Biometric template transformation: a security analysis,” in The International Society for Optical Engineering, vol. 7541 of Proceedings of SPIE, January 2010.
- M. Paunwala and S. Patnaik, “Robust biometric watermarking using image intrinsic local property for e-database applications,” in IASTED International Conference on Computer Vision, pp. 240–247, Vancouver, Canada, June 2011.
- H. M. Patel, C. K. Modi, M. Paunwala, and S. Patnaik, “Human identification by partial iris segmentation using pupil circle growing based on binary Integrated edge intensity curve,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Communication Systems and Network Technologies (CSNT '11), pp. 333–338, June 2011.
- J. G. Daugman, “High confidence visual recognition of persons by a test of statistical independence,” IEEE Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence, vol. 15, no. 11, pp. 1148–1161, 1993.
- T. W. Ng, T. L. Tay, and S. W. Khor, “Iris recognition using rapid Haar wavelet decomposition,” in Proceedings of the 2nd International Conference on Signal Processing Systems (ICSPS '10), pp. V1820–V1823, July 2010.
- J. Fridric, “Applications of data hiding in digital images,” in Tutorial for the International Symposium on Signal Processing and Its Applications (IPACS '98), Melbourne, Australia, November 1998.
- Hiller and Lieberman, Introduction To Operations Research, Tata McGraw-Hill, 7th edition, 2001.
- Y. Wang and A. Pearmain, “Blind image data hiding based on self reference,” Pattern Recognition Letters, vol. 25, no. 15, pp. 1681–1689, 2004.
- Y. Choi and I. Aizawa, “Digital watermarking using inter block correlation,” in Proceedings of the International Conference on Image Processing, vol. 2, pp. 216–220, October 1999.