- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 789651, 7 pages
Evaluation of Acute and Chronic Toxicities of the Water Extract from Ziziphus attopensis Pierre
1Division of Pharmacology, Department of Preclinical Science, Faculty of Medicine, Thammasat University, Pathumthani 12120, Thailand
2Division of Physiology, Department of Preclinical Science, Faculty of Medicine, Thammasat University, Pathumthani 12120, Thailand
3Department of Animal Science, Faculty of Agricultural Technology, Chiang Mai Rajabhat University, Chiang Mai 50300, Thailand
4Department of Pharmacology, Faculty of Medicine, Chiang Mai University, Chiang Mai 50200, Thailand
Received 26 November 2011; Accepted 19 December 2011
Academic Editors: H. Cerecetto and A. Pittaluga
Copyright © 2012 Seewaboon Sireeratawong et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- B. Wahida, B. Abderrahman, and C. Nabil, “Antiulcerogenic activity of Zizyphus lotus (L.) extracts,” Journal of Ethnopharmacology, vol. 112, no. 2, pp. 228–231, 2007.
- C.-F. Hung, B.-Y. Hsu, S.-C. Chang, and B.-H. Chen, “Antiproliferation of melanoma cells by polysaccharide isolated from Zizyphus jujuba,” Nutrition, vol. 28, no. 1, pp. 98–105, 2012.
- P. Panseeta, K. Lomchoey, S. Prabpai et al., “Antiplasmodial and antimycobacterial cyclopeptide alkaloids from the root of Ziziphus mauritiana,” Phytochemistry, vol. 72, no. 9, pp. 909–915, 2011.
- OECD, “Test guideline 425. Acute oral toxicity—Up-and-Down-Procedure (UDP),” in OECD Guideline for Testing of Chemical, Section 4-Health Effects, Organization of Economic Co-operation and Development, Paris, France, 2001.
- WHO, General Guidelines for Methodologies on Research and Evaluation of Traditional Medicine, World Health Organization, Geneva, Switzerland, 2000.
- OECD, “Test guideline 452. Chronic toxicity studies,” in OECD Guideline for Testing of Chemical, Section 4-Health Effects, Organization of Economic Co-operation and Development, Paris, France, 1981.
- G. L. Kennedy, R. L. Ferenz, and B. A. Burgess, “Estimation of acute oral toxicity in rats by determination of the approximate lethal dose rather than the LD50,” Journal of Applied Toxicology, vol. 6, no. 3, pp. 145–148, 1986.
- A. A. Adeneye, O. P. Ajagbonna, T. I. Adeleke, and S. O. Bello, “Preliminary toxicity and phytochemical studies of the stem bark aqueous extract of Musanga cecropioides in rats,” Journal of Ethnopharmacology, vol. 105, no. 3, pp. 374–379, 2006.
- L. V. Gregg, “Anemias and polychythenias,” in Hematology Techniques and Concepts for Veterinary Technicians, pp. 95–101, Iowa State University Press, Iowa, USA, 2000.
- J. W. Williams, D. A. Nelson, and M. W. Morris, “Examination of the blood,” in Hematology International, J. W. William, Ed., pp. 9–24, McGraw–Hill, New York, NY, USA, 4th edition, 1990.
- B. S. Levine, “Animal clinical pathology,” in CRC Handbook of Toxicology, M. J. Derelanko and M. A. Hollinger, Eds., pp. 742–768, CRC Press, New York, NY, USA, 2nd edition, 2002.
- B. V. Feldman, J. G. Zinkl, and N. C. Jain, Schalm’s Veterinary Hematology, Lea Febiger, Philadelphia, Pa, USA, 5th edition, 2000.
- P. Inala, A. Sirimontaporn, R. Inpunkaew, et al., “Hematological analysis of outbred Sprague-Dawley rat in the Facility of National Laboratory Animal Centre,” in Proceedings of the 28th Congress on science and technology of Thailand, Bangkok, Thailand, 2002.
- L.Y. Young and E. G. Holland, The Clinical Use of Drugs: Interpretation of Clinical Laboratory Tests, Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, Vancouver, BC, Canada, 6th edition, 1995.
- J. D. Caisey and D. J. King, “Clinical chemical values for some common laboratory animals,” Clinical Chemistry, vol. 26, no. 13, pp. 1877–1879, 1980.
- R. A. Sacher and R. A. McPherson, “General chemistry,” in Widmann’s Clinical Interpretation of Laboratory Test, pp. 318–365, F.A. Davis Company, Philadelphia, Pa, USA, 10th edition, 1991.
- R. A. Sacher and R. A. McPherson, “Test of liver function,” in Widmann’s Clinical Interpretation of Laboratory Test, pp. 416–443, F.A. Davis Company, Philadelphia, Pa, USA, 10th edition, 1991.
- W. Angkhasirisap, P. Inala, A. Sirimontaporn, et al., “Blood chemistry profiles of outbred Sprague-Dawley rat in the Facility of National Laboratory Animal Centre,” in Proceedings of the 28th Congress on Science and Technology of Thailand, Bangkok, Thailand, 2002.
- E. O. Orish, O. J. Johnson, M. A. Chude, E. Obi, and C. E. Dioka, “Sub-chronic toxicity studies of the aqueous extract of Boerhavia diffusa leaves,” Journal of Health Science, vol. 49, no. 6, pp. 444–447, 2003.
- P. Witthawaskul, A. Panthong, D. Kanjanapothi, T. Taesothikul, and N. Lertprasertsuke, “Acute and subacute toxicities of the saponin mixture isolated from Schefflera leucantha Viguier,” Journal of Ethnopharmacology, vol. 89, no. 1, pp. 115–121, 2003.
- F. E. Solomon, A. C. Sharada, and P. U. Devi, “Toxic effects of crude root extract of Plumbago rosea (Rakta chitraka) on mice and rats,” Journal of Ethnopharmacology, vol. 38, no. 1, pp. 79–84, 1993.