- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
ISRN Physical Chemistry
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 820653, 5 pages
Solubility Enhancement of Etoricoxib by Cosolvency Approach
Department of Pharmaceutics, Seemanta Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Odisha, Mayurbhanj 757086, India
Received 27 January 2012; Accepted 1 March 2012
Academic Editors: A. Dkhissi, L. K. Shrestha, and N. A. Vodolazkaya
Copyright © 2012 Amit Kumar Nayak and Prachi Prava Panigrahi. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- V. R. Vemula, V. Lagishetty, and S. Lingala, “Solubility enhancement techniques,” International Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences Review and Research, vol. 5, no. 1, pp. 41–51, 2010.
- V. R. Babu, S. H. Areefulla, V. Mallikarjun, et al., “Solubility and dissolution enhancement: an overview,” Journal of Pharmacy Research, vol. 3, no. 1, pp. 141–145, 2010.
- B. Bittner and R. J. Mountfield, “Intravenous administration of poorly soluble new drug entities in early drug discovery: the potential impact of formulation on pharmacokinetic parameters,” Current Opinion in Drug Discovery and Development, vol. 5, no. 1, pp. 59–71, 2002.
- P. R. Sathesh Babu, C. V. S. Subrahmanyam, J. Thimmasetty, R. Manavalan, and K. Valliappan, “Solubility of meloxicum in mixed solvent systems,” Ethiopian Pharmacutical Journal, vol. 25, no. 1, pp. 23–28, 2007.
- K. Amin, R. M. Dannenfelser, J. Zielinski, and B. Wang, “Lyophilization of polyethylene glycol mixtures,” Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences, vol. 93, no. 9, pp. 2244–2249, 2004.
- S. H. Yalkowsky and T. J. Roseman, “Solubilization of drugs by cosolvents,” in Techniques of Soluhilization of Drugs, S. H. Yalkowsky, Ed., p. 91, Dekker, New York, NY, USA, 1981.
- J. W. Millard, F. A. Alvarez-Núñez, and S. H. Yalkowsky, “Solubilization by cosolvents: establishing useful constants for the log-linear model,” International Journal of Pharmaceutics, vol. 245, no. 1-2, pp. 153–166, 2002.
- M.-K. Yeh, L.-C. Chang, and A. H.-J. Chiou, “Improving tenoxicam solubility and bioavailability by cosolvent system,” AAPS PharmSciTech, vol. 10, no. 1, pp. 166–171, 2009.
- P. R. Babu, C. V. Subrahmanyam, J. Thimmasetty, R. Manavalan, K. Valliappan, and S. A. Kedarnath, “Solubility enhancement of cox-II inhibitors by cosolvency approach,” Dhaka University Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences, vol. 7, no. 2, pp. 119–126, 2008.
- S. H. Yalkowsky and J. T. Rubino, “Solubilization by cosolvents I: organic solutes in propylene glycol-water mixtures,” Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences, vol. 74, no. 4, pp. 416–421, 1985.
- L. Pan, K. Tsutsui, L. Takahashi, et al., “Comparison of chromatographic and spectroscopic methods used to rank compounds for aqueous solubility,” Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences, vol. 90, no. 4, pp. 521–529, 2001.
- S. Nema, R. J. Washkuhn, and R. J. Brendel, “Excipients and their use in injectable products,” PDA Journal of Pharmaceutical Science and Technology, vol. 51, no. 4, pp. 166–171, 1997.
- J. T. Rubino and S. H. Yalkowsky, “Co-solvency and deviations from log-linear solubilization,” Pharmaceutical Research, vol. 4, no. 3, pp. 231–236, 1987.
- A. Das, A. K. Nayak, B. Mohatny, and S. Panda, “Solubility and dissolution enhancement of etoricoxib by solid dispersion technique using sugars,” ISRN Pharmaceutics, vol. 2011, Article ID 819765, 8 pages, 2011.
- D. J. Cochrane, B. Jarvis, and G. M. Keating, “Etoricoxib,” Drugs, vol. 62, no. 18, pp. 2637–2651, 2002.
- D. M. Patel and M. M. Patel, “Optimization of fast dissolving etoricoxib tablets prepared by sublimation technique,” Indian Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences, vol. 70, no. 1, pp. 71–76, 2008.
- N. Seedher and S. Bhatia, “Solubility enhancement of Cox-2 inhibitors using various solvent systems,” AAPS PharmSciTech, vol. 4, no. 3, article 33, 2003.
- Y. Miyako, Y. Zhao, K. Takeshima, T. Kataoka, T. Handa, and R. Pinal, “Solubility of hydrophobic compounds in water-cosolvent mixtures: relation of solubility with water-cosolvent interactions,” Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences, vol. 99, no. 1, pp. 293–302, 2010.
- P. Chaudhari, P. Sharma, N. Barhate, P. Kulkarni, and C. Mistry, “Solubility enhancement of hydrophobic drugs using synergistically interacting cyclodextrins and cosolvent,” Current Science, vol. 92, no. 11, pp. 1586–1591, 2007.