- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
ISRN Computational Mathematics
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 843256, 3 pages
Brouwer's Fixed Point Theorem with Isolated Fixed Points and His Fan Theorem
Faculty of Economics, Doshisha University, Kamigyo-ku, Kyoto 602-8580, Japan
Received 2 October 2011; Accepted 10 November 2011
Academic Editor: T. Karakasidis
Copyright © 2012 Yasuhito Tanaka. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- R. B. Kellogg, T. Y. Li, and J. Yorke, “A constructive proof of Brouwer fixed-point theorem and computational results,” SIAM Journal on Numerical Analysis, vol. 13, no. 4, pp. 473–483, 1976.
- D. Bridges and F. Richman, Varieties of Constructive Mathematics, Cambridge University Press, 1987.
- D. van Dalen, “Brouwer’s ε-fixed point from Sperner’s lemma,” Theoretical Computer Science, vol. 412, no. 28, pp. 3140–3144, 2011.
- W. Veldman, “Brouwer’s approximate fixed point theorem is equivalent to Brouwer’s fan theorem,” in Logicism, Intuitionism and Formalism, S. Lindström, E. Palmgren, K. Segerberg, and V. Stoltenberg-Hansen, Eds., Springer, 2009.
- J. Berger and H. Ishihara, “Brouwer's fan theorem and unique existence in constructive analysis,” Mathematical Logic Quarterly, vol. 51, no. 4, pp. 360–364, 2005.
- Y. Tanaka, “Constructive proof of the existence of Nash equilibrium in a finite strategic game with sequentially locally nonconstant payoff functions,” ISRN Computational Mathematics, Article ID 459459, 8 pages, 2012.
- D. Bridges and L. Vîţă, Techniques of Constructive Mathematics, Springer, 2006.
- J. Berger, D. Bridges, and P. Schuster, “The fan theorem and unique existence of maxima,” Journal of Symbolic Logic, vol. 71, no. 2, pp. 713–720, 2006.