- About this Journal ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 853470, 29 pages
An Overview of the Immunological Defenses in Fish Skin
Fish Innate Immune System Group, Department of Cell Biology and Histology, Faculty of Biology, University of Murcia, Regional Campus of International Excellence “Campus Mare Nostrum”, 30100 Murcia, Spain
Received 26 August 2012; Accepted 12 September 2012
Academic Editors: A. Bensussan, E. Flaño, J. D. Hayball, and P. Puccetti
Copyright © 2012 María Ángeles Esteban. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [10 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- E.P. Scott Weber, “Itchy Fish and Viral Dermatopathies,” Veterinary Clinics of North America: Exotic Animal Practice, vol. 16, no. 3, pp. 687–703, 2013.
- A. Lü, X. Hu, Y. Wang, Q. Ming, A. Zhu, L. Shen, and Z. Feng, “ Proteomic analysis of differential protein expression in the skin of zebrafish [ Danio rerio (Hamilton, 122)] infected with Aeromonas hydrophila ,” Journal of Applied Ichthyology, 2013.
- Renata Behra, Laura Sigg, Martin J. D. Clift, Fabian Herzog, Matteo Minghetti, Blair Johnston, and Alke Petri-Fink, “Bioavailability of silver nanoparticles and ions: from a chemical and bioch emical perspective,” Journal of The Royal Society Interface, vol. 10, no. 87, 2013.
- Daniela Gomez, J. Oriol Sunyer, and Irene Salinas, “The mucosal immune system of fish: The evolution of tolerating commensals while fighting pathogens,” Fish & Shellfish Immunology, 2013.
- Binoy Rajan, Jep Lokesh, Viswanath Kiron, and Monica F Brinchmann, “Differentially expressed proteins in the skin mucus of Atlantic cod (Gadus morhua) upon natural infection with Vibrio anguillarum,” BMC Veterinary Research, vol. 9, no. 1, pp. 103, 2013.
- Francisco A. Guardiola, Alberto Cuesta, Emilia Abellán, José Meseguer, and María A. Esteban, “Comparative analysis of the humoral immunity of skin mucus from several marine teleost fish,” Fish & Shellfish Immunology, 2014.
- Seyed Hossein Hoseinifar, Maryam Sharifian, Mohammad Javad Vesaghi, Mohsen Khalili, and M. Ángeles Esteban, “The effects of dietary xylooligosaccharide on mucosal parameters, intestinal microbiota and morphology and growth performance of Caspian white fish (Rutilus frisii kutum) fry,” Fish & Shellfish Immunology, 2014.
- Ben J. G. Sutherland, Kim W. Koczka, Motoshige Yasuike, Stuart G. Jantzen, Ryosuke Yazawa, and Simon R. M. Jones, “Comparative transcriptomics of Atlantic Salmo salar, chum Oncorhynchus keta and pink salmon O. gorbuscha during infections with salmon lice Lepeophthe irus salmonis,” Bmc Genomics, vol. 15, 2014.
- Bidhan De, D. K. Meena, B. K. Behera, Pronob Das, P. K. Das Mohapatra, and A. P. Sharma, “Probiotics in fish and shellfish culture: immunomodulatory and ecophysiological responses,” Fish Physiology and Biochemistry, 2014.
- Guiwen Yang, Hongyan Guo, Hua Li, Shijuan Shan, Xueqing Zhang, Jan H.W.M. Rombout, and Liguo An, “Molecular characterization of LEAP-2 cDNA in common carp (Cyprinus carpio L.) and the differential expression upon a Vibrio anguillarum stimulus; indications for a significant immune role in skin,” Fish & Shellfish Immunology, 2014.