- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 853470, 29 pages
An Overview of the Immunological Defenses in Fish Skin
Fish Innate Immune System Group, Department of Cell Biology and Histology, Faculty of Biology, University of Murcia, Regional Campus of International Excellence “Campus Mare Nostrum”, 30100 Murcia, Spain
Received 26 August 2012; Accepted 12 September 2012
Academic Editors: A. Bensussan, E. Flaño, J. D. Hayball, and P. Puccetti
Copyright © 2012 María Ángeles Esteban. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [18 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- E.P. Scott Weber, “Itchy Fish and Viral Dermatopathies,” Veterinary Clinics of North America: Exotic Animal Practice, vol. 16, no. 3, pp. 687–703, 2013.
- A. Lü, X. Hu, Y. Wang, Q. Ming, A. Zhu, L. Shen, and Z. Feng, “ Proteomic analysis of differential protein expression in the skin of zebrafish [ Danio rerio (Hamilton, 122)] infected with Aeromonas hydrophila ,” Journal of Applied Ichthyology, 2013.
- Renata Behra, Laura Sigg, Martin J. D. Clift, Fabian Herzog, Matteo Minghetti, Blair Johnston, Alke Petri-Fink, and Barbara Rothen-Rutishauser, “Bioavailability of silver nanoparticles and ions: from a chemical and biochemical perspective,” Journal of The Royal Society Interface, vol. 10, no. 87, 2013.
- Daniela Gomez, J. Oriol Sunyer, and Irene Salinas, “The mucosal immune system of fish: The evolution of tolerating commensals while fighting pathogens,” Fish & Shellfish Immunology, 2013.
- Binoy Rajan, Jep Lokesh, Viswanath Kiron, and Monica F Brinchmann, “Differentially expressed proteins in the skin mucus of Atlantic cod (Gadus morhua) upon natural infection with Vibrio anguillarum,” BMC Veterinary Research, vol. 9, no. 1, pp. 103, 2013.
- Jan H.W.M. Rombout, Guiwen Yang, and Viswanath Kiron, “Adaptive immune responses at mucosal surfaces of teleost fish,” Fish & Shellfish Immunology, 2014.
- Seong Bin Park, Ho Bin Jang, Fernand F. Fagutao, Young Kyu Kim, Seong Won Nho, In Seok Cha, Jong Earn Yu, and Tae Sung Jung, “Combination treatment against scuticociliatosis by reducing the inhibitor effect of mucus in olive flounder, Paralichthys olivaceus,” Fish & Shellfish Immunology, vol. 38, no. 2, pp. 282–286, 2014.
- Francisco A. Guardiola, Alberto Cuesta, Emilia Abellán, José Meseguer, and María A. Esteban, “Comparative analysis of the humoral immunity of skin mucus from several marine teleost fish,” Fish & Shellfish Immunology, 2014.
- Carlo C. Lazado, and Christopher Marlowe A. Caipang, “Mucosal Immunity and Probiotics in Fish,” Fish & Shellfish Immunology, 2014.
- Seyed Hossein Hoseinifar, Maryam Sharifian, Mohammad Javad Vesaghi, Mohsen Khalili, and M. Ángeles Esteban, “The effects of dietary xylooligosaccharide on mucosal parameters, intestinal microbiota and morphology and growth performance of Caspian white fish (Rutilus frisii kutum) fry,” Fish & Shellfish Immunology, 2014.
- Said Benhamed, Francisco A. Guardiola, Mohammed Mars, and María Ángeles Esteban, “Pathogen bacteria adhesion to skin mucus of fishes,” Veterinary Microbiology, 2014.
- Ben J. G. Sutherland, Kim W. Koczka, Motoshige Yasuike, Stuart G. Jantzen, Ryosuke Yazawa, Ben F. Koop, and Simon R. M. Jones, “Comparative transcriptomics of Atlantic Salmo salar, chum Oncorhynchus keta and pink salmon O. gorbuscha during infections with salmon lice Lepeophtheirus salmonis,” Bmc Genomics, vol. 15, 2014.
- Zahra Roosta, and Seyed Hossein Hoseinifar, “ The effects of crowding stress on some epidermal mucus immune parameters, growth performance and survival rate of tiger barb ( Pentius tetrazona ) ,” Aquaculture Research, 2014.
- Laura M. Braden, Ben F. Koop, and Simon R.M. Jones, “Signatures of resistance to Lepeophtheirus salmonis include a TH2-type response at the louse-salmon interface.,” Developmental & Comparative Immunology, 2014.
- Guiwen Yang, Hongyan Guo, Hua Li, Shijuan Shan, Xueqing Zhang, Jan H.W.M. Rombout, and Liguo An, “Molecular characterization of LEAP-2 cDNA in common carp (Cyprinus carpio L.) and the differential expression upon a Vibrio anguillarum stimulus; indications for a significant immune role in skin,” Fish & Shellfish Immunology, 2014.
- Bidhan De, D. K. Meena, B. K. Behera, Pronob Das, P. K. Das Mohapatra, and A. P. Sharma, “Probiotics in fish and shellfish culture: immunomodulatory and ecophysiological responses,” Fish Physiology and Biochemistry, 2014.
- Marzieh Heidarieh, Maryam Hedayatirad, Ali Reza Mirvaghefi, Adama Diallo, Shalaleh Mousavi, Najmeh Sheikhzadeh, and Amir Ali Shahbazfar, “Effect of gamma irradiation on inactivation of Ichthyophthirius multifiliis trophonts and its efficacy on host response in experimentally immunized rainbow trout (Oncorhynchus mykiss),” Turkish Journal of Veterinary & Animal Sciences, vol. 38, no. 4, pp. 388–393, 2014.
- Aleksei Krasnov, Mette S. Wesmajervi Breiland, Bjarne Hatlen, Sergey Afanasyev, and Stanko Skugor, “Sexual maturation and administration of 17β-estradiol and testosterone induce complex gene expression changes in skin and increase resistance of Atlantic salmon to ectoparasite salmon louse,” General and Comparative Endocrinology, 2015.