- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
ISRN Applied Mathematics
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 864795, 25 pages
HIV/AIDS Dynamics with Three Control Strategies: The Role of Incidence Function
1Mathematics Department, University of Dar es Salaam, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
2Department of Applied Mathematics, National University of Science and Technology, Bulawayo, Zimbabwe
Received 3 March 2012; Accepted 29 April 2012
Academic Editors: H. Akçay, C. Lu, and G. Psihoyios
Copyright © 2012 Emmanuelina L. Kateme et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- N. Hussaini, M. Winter, and A. B. Gumel, “Qualitative assessment of the role of public health education program on HIV transmission dynamics,” Mathematical Medicine and Biology, vol. 28, no. 3, pp. 245–270, 2011.
- Z. Mukandavire and W. Garira, “Effects of public health educational campaigns and the role of sex workers on the spread of HIV/AIDS among heterosexuals,” Theoretical Population Biology, vol. 72, no. 3, pp. 346–365, 2007.
- Z. Mukandavire, W. Garira, and J. M. Tchuenche, “Modelling effects of public health educational campaigns on HIV/AIDS transmission dynamics,” Applied Mathematical Modelling, vol. 33, no. 4, pp. 2084–2095, 2009.
- J. Musgrave and J. Watmough, “Examination of a simple model of condom usage and individual withdrawal for the HIV epidemic,” Mathematical Biosciences and Engineering, vol. 6, no. 2, pp. 363–376, 2009.
- O. Sharomi, C. N. Podder, A. B. Gumel, E. H. Elbasha, and J. Watmough, “Role of incidence function in vaccine-induced backward bifurcation in some HIV models,” Mathematical Biosciences, vol. 210, no. 2, pp. 436–463, 2007.
- F. Nyabadza, C. Chiyaka, Z. Mukandavire, and S. D. Hove-Musekwa, “Analysis of an HIV/AIDS model with public-health information campaigns and individual withdrawal,” Journal of Biological Systems, vol. 18, no. 2, pp. 357–375, 2010.
- J. Zhang and Z. Ma, “Global dynamics of an SEIR epidemic model with saturating contact rate,” Mathematical Biosciences, vol. 185, no. 1, pp. 15–32, 2003.
- D. Xiao and S. Ruan, “Global analysis of an epidemic model with nonmonotone incidence rate,” Mathematical Biosciences, vol. 208, no. 2, pp. 419–429, 2007.
- W. Liu, H. W. Hethcote, and S. A. Levin, “Dynamical behavior of epidemiological models with nonlinear incidence rates,” Journal of Mathematical Biology, vol. 25, pp. 359–380, 1989.
- V. Capasso and G. Serio, “A generalization of the Kermack-McKendrick deterministic epidemic model,” Mathematical Biosciences, vol. 42, no. 1-2, pp. 43–62, 1978.
- E. Mtisi, H. Rwezaura, and J. M. Tchuenche, “A mathematical analysis of malaria and tuberculosis co-dynamics,” Discrete and Continuous Dynamical Systems B, vol. 12, no. 4, pp. 827–864, 2009.
- H. W. Hethcothe, “The mathematics of infectious disease,” SIAM Review, vol. 42, pp. 599–653, 2000.
- P. van den Driessche and J. Watmough, “Reproduction numbers and sub-threshold endemic equilibria for compartmental models of disease transmission,” Mathematical Biosciences, vol. 180, pp. 29–48, 2002.
- J. Carr, Applications of Centre Manifold Theory, vol. 35, Springer, New York, NY, USA, 1981.
- C. Castillo-Chavez and B. Song, “Dynamical models of tuberculosis and their applications,” Mathematical Biosciences and Engineering, vol. 1, pp. 361–404, 2004.
- O. Diekmann, J. A. P. Heesterbeek, and J. A. J. Metz, “On the definition and the computation of the basic reproduction ratio in models for infectious diseases in heterogeneous populations,” Journal of Mathematical Biology, vol. 28, no. 4, pp. 365–382, 1990.