- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 865373, 8 pages
Synthesis and Optical Characterization of Mg1-xNixO Nanostructures
1Materials Science Programme, Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur, Kanpur 208016, India
2Bio-Inspired Materials and Devices Laboratory (BMDL), Center for Energy Harvesting Materials and Systems (CEHMS), Virginia Tech, Blacksburg, VA 24061, USA
3Department of Physics, Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati, Guwahati 781039, India
Received 23 September 2012; Accepted 11 October 2012
Academic Editors: C. Angeles-Chavez, B. A. Marinkovic, and B. Panchapakesan
Copyright © 2012 Nageswararao Budiredla et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- R. Riedel and I.-W. Chen, Ceramics Science and Technology: Materials and Properties, vol. 2, Wiley-VCH, Weinheim, Germany, 2010.
- N. A. Vasil'eva and N. F. Uvarov, “Electrical conductivity of magnesium oxide as a catalyst for radical chain hydrocarbon pyrolysis reactions,” Kinetics and Catalysis, vol. 52, no. 1, pp. 98–103, 2011.
- S. A. El-Molla, S. M. Abdel-all, and M. M. Ibrahim, “Influence of precursor of MgO and preparation conditions on the catalytic dehydrogenation of iso-propanol over CuO/MgO catalysts,” Journal of Alloys and Compounds, vol. 484, no. 1-2, pp. 280–285, 2009.
- M. A. Shah and F. M. Al-Marzouki, “Bio-safe approach for the preparation of magnesium oxide (MgO) nanoflowers at very low temperature,” International Journal of Biomedical Nanoscience and Nanotechnology, vol. 1, pp. 10–16, 2010.
- A. Kumar and J. Kumar, “On the synthesis and optical absorption studies of nano-size magnesium oxide powder,” Journal of Physics and Chemistry of Solids, vol. 69, no. 11, pp. 2764–2772, 2008.
- A. A. Yar, M. Montazerian, H. Abdizadeh, and H. R. Baharvandi, “Microstructure and mechanical properties of aluminum alloy matrix composite reinforced with nano-particle MgO,” Journal of Alloys and Compounds, vol. 484, no. 1-2, pp. 400–404, 2009.
- S. H. Tamboli, V. Puri, and R. K. Puri, “Improvement in adhesion and decrease in stress of MgO thin films due to vapour chopping,” Journal of Alloys and Compounds, vol. 503, no. 1, pp. 224–227, 2010.
- A. Kumar, S. Thota, S. Varma, and J. Kumar, “Sol-gel synthesis of highly luminescent magnesium oxide nanocrystallites,” Journal of Luminescence, vol. 131, no. 4, pp. 640–648, 2011.
- J.-S. Choi, S.-H. Moon, J.-H. Kim, and G.-H. Kim, “The effects of high purity MgO nano-powders on the electrical properties of AC-PDPs,” Current Applied Physics, vol. 10, no. 6, pp. 1378–1382, 2010.
- A. M. E. Raj, T. Som, V. Ganesan et al., “Tailoring optical and electrical properties of MgO thin films by 1.5 MeV H+ implantation to fluences,” Nuclear Instruments and Methods in Physics Research B, vol. 266, no. 11, pp. 2564–2571, 2008.
- L. A. Ma, Z. X. Lin, J. Y. Lin, Y. A. Zhang, L. Q. Hu, and T. L. Guo, “Large-scale growth of ultrathin MgO nanowires and evaluate their field emission properties,” Physica E, vol. 41, no. 8, pp. 1500–1503, 2009.
- J. H. Zhang, X. L. Zhou, and J. A. Wang, “Water promotion or inhibition effect on isopropanol decomposition catalyzed with a sol-gel MgO-Al2O3 catalyst,” Journal of Molecular Catalysis A, vol. 247, no. 1-2, pp. 222–226, 2006.
- F. Gu, C. Li, H. Cao et al., “Crystallinity of Li-doped MgO:Dy3+ nanocrystals via combustion process and their photoluminescence properties,” Journal of Alloys and Compounds, vol. 453, no. 1-2, pp. 361–365, 2008.
- L.-Z. Peia, L.-Z. Yinb, J.-F. Wanga, J. Chena, C.-G. Fana, and Q.-F. Zhanga, “Low temperature synthesis of magnesium oxide and spinel powders by a sol-gel process,” Materials Research, vol. 13, no. 3, pp. 339–343, 2010.
- M. Nusheh, H. Yoozbashizadeh, M. Askari, H. Kobatake, and H. Fukuyama, “Mechanically activated synthesis of single crystalline MgO nanostructures,” Journal of Alloys and Compounds, vol. 506, no. 2, pp. 715–720, 2010.
- J. Narayan, S. Nori, D. K. Pandya, D. K. Avasthi, and A. I. Smirnov, “Defect dependent ferromagnetism in MgO doped with Ni and Co,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 93, no. 8, Article ID 082507, 2008.
- W. Wang, X. Qiao, J. Chen, and F. Tan, “Preparation and characterization of Ti-doped MgO nanopowders by a modified coprecipitation method,” Journal of Alloys and Compounds, vol. 461, no. 1-2, pp. 542–546, 2008.
- F. Gu, S. F. Wang, M. K. Lü et al., “Combustion synthesis and luminescence properties of Dy3+-doped MgO nanocrystals,” Journal of Crystal Growth, vol. 260, no. 3-4, pp. 507–510, 2004.
- W. Wang, X. Qiao, J. Chen, F. Tan, and H. Li, “Influence of titanium doping on the structure and morphology of MgO prepared by coprecipitation method,” Materials Characterization, vol. 60, no. 8, pp. 858–862, 2009.
- L. G. Ferguson and F. Dogan, “Spectral analysis of transition metal-doped MgO “matched emitters” for thermophotovoltaic energy conversion,” Journal of Materials Science, vol. 37, no. 7, pp. 1301–1308, 2002.
- S. Basu, Y.-B. Chen, and Z. M. Zhang, “Microscale radiation in thermophotovoltaic devices—a review,” International Journal of Energy Research, vol. 31, no. 6-7, pp. 689–716, 2007.
- A. Kumar and J. Kumar, “Perspective on europium activated fine-grained metal molybdate phosphors for solid state illumination,” Journal of Materials Chemistry, vol. 21, no. 11, pp. 3788–3795, 2011.
- T. Yoshida, T. Tanaka, H. Yoshida, T. Funabiki, and S. Yoshida, “Study on the dispersion of nickel ions in the NiO-MgO system by x-ray absorption fine structure,” Journal of Physical Chemistry, vol. 100, no. 6, pp. 2302–2309, 1996.
- F. Arena, A. L. Chuvilin, and A. Parmaliana, “Characterization of Li-doped Ni/MgO catalysts,” Journal of Physical Chemistry, vol. 99, no. 3, pp. 990–998, 1995.
- S. Bhatia, N. A. Binti Mohd Zabidi, and M. H. A. R. Bin Megat Ahmad, “Catalytic activity and morphological properties of Ni/MgO catalysts for the oxidative coupling of methane,” Reaction Kinetics and Catalysis Letters, vol. 74, no. 1, pp. 87–92, 2001.
- M. H. Lee and D. G. Park, “Preparation of MgO with high surface area, and modification of its pore characteristics,” Bulletin of the Korean Chemical Society, vol. 24, no. 10, pp. 1437–1443, 2003.
- L. Delle Site, A. Alavi, and R. M. Lynden-Bell, “The structure and spectroscopy of monolayers of water on MgO: an ab initio study,” Journal of Chemical Physics, vol. 113, no. 8, pp. 3344–3350, 2000.
- K. Nakamoto, Infrared Spectra of Inorganic and Coordination Compounds, John Wiley & Sons, London, UK, 1963.
- A. Kumar and J. Kumar, “Defect and adsorbate induced infrared modes in sol-gel derived magnesium oxide nano-crystallites,” Solid State Communications, vol. 147, no. 9-10, pp. 405–408, 2008.
- M. A. Shah and A. Qurashi, “Novel surfactant-free synthesis of MgO nanoflakes,” Journal of Alloys and Compounds, vol. 482, no. 1-2, pp. 548–551, 2009.