- About this Journal ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
ISRN Mathematical Physics
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 869069, 13 pages
Remarks on Null Geodesics of Born-Infeld Black Holes
Department of Physics and Geology, Northern Kentucky University, Highland Heights, KC 41099, USA
Received 9 April 2012; Accepted 18 July 2012
Academic Editors: M. Ehrnström, D. Gepner, M. Rasetti, and P. Roy
Copyright © 2012 Sharmanthie Fernando. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- M. Born and L. Infeld, “Foundations of the new field theory,” Proceedings of the Royal Society A, vol. A144, pp. 425–451, 1934.
- R. G. Leigh, “Dirac-Born-Infeld action from Dirichlet sigma model,” Modern Physics Letters A, vol. 4, Article ID 2767, 1989.
- G. W. Gibbons, “Aspects of Born-Infeld theory and string/M-theory,” http://arxiv.org/abs/hep-th/0106059.
- A. A. Tseytlin, “Born-Infeld action, supersymmetry and string theory,” http://lanl.arxiv.gov/abs/hep-th/9908105.
- A. Garcia, H. Salazar, and J. F. Plebanski, “Type-D solutions of the Einstein and Born-Infeld nonlinear-electrodynamics equations,” Nuovo Cimento, vol. 84, pp. 65–90, 1984.
- M. Demianski, “Static electromagnetic geon,” Foundations of Physics, vol. 16, no. 2, pp. 187–190, 1986.
- S. I. Kruglov, “On generalized Born—Infeld electrodynamics,” Journal of Physics A, vol. 43, Article ID 375402, 2010.
- L. Peng, Y. Rui-Hong, and Z. De-Cheng, “Thermodynamics of third order lovelock—Born—Infeld Black holes,” Communications in Theoretical Physics, vol. 56, pp. 845–850, 2011.
- E. F. Eiroa and C. Simeone, “Thin shells in Einstein-Born-Infeld theory,” AIP Conference Proceedings, vol. 1458, pp. 383–386, 2012.
- M. Milgrom, “Practically linear analogs of the Born-Infeld and other nonlinear theories,” Physical Review D, vol. 85, Article ID 105018, 2012.
- N. Breton, “Born-Infeld generalization of the Reissner-Nordstrom black hole,” http://lanl.arxiv.gov/abs/gr-qc/010922.
- G. W. Gibbons and C. A. R. Herdeiro, “The Melvin universe in Born-Infeld theory and other theories of nonlinear electrodynamics,” Classical and Quantum Gravity, vol. 18, pp. 1677–1690, 2001.
- S. Fernando, “Gravitational perturbation and quasi-normal modes of charged black holes in Einstein-Born-Infeld gravity,” General Relativity and Gravitation, vol. 37, pp. 585–604, 2005.
- S. Fernando and C. Holbrook, “Stability and quasi normal modes of charged born-infeld black holes,” International Journal of Theoretical Physics, vol. 45, pp. 1630–1645, 2006.
- S. Fernando, “Decay of massless dirac field around the Born-Infeld black hole,” International Journal of Modern Physics A, vol. 25, pp. 669–684, 2010.
- S. H. Mazharimousavi, M. Halisoy, and Z. Amirabi, “New non-Abelian black hole solutions in Born-Infeld gravity,” Physical Review D, vol. 78, Article ID 064050, 2008.
- Y. S. Myung and T. Moon, “Hairy mass bound in the Einstein-Born-Infeld black hole,” http://lanl.arxiv.org/abs/1201.1173.
- D. A. Rasheed, “Non-linear electrodynamics: zeroth and First Laws of Black Hole Mechanics,” http://lanl.arxiv.org/abs/hep-th/9702087.
- S. Chandrasekhar, The Mathematical Theory of Black Holes, Oxford University Press, 1992.
- E. F. Eiroa, “Gravitational lensing by Einstein-Born-Infeld black holes,” Physical Review D, vol. 73, no. 4, Article ID 043002, 2006.
- P. Amore, S. Arceo, and F. M. Fernandez, “Analytical formulas for gravitational lensing: higher order calculation,” Physical Review D, vol. 74, Article ID 083004, 2006.