- About this Journal ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 871208, 4 pages
Synthesis of Cobalt-Encapsulated Carbon Nanocapsules Using Cobalt-Doped Fullerene Nanowhiskers
1Institute of Materials Science, Graduate School of Pure and Applied Sciences, University of Tsukuba, Ibaraki Tsukuba, 305-8753, Japan
2Fullerene Engineering Group, Advanced Materials Processing Unit, National Institute for Materials Science, Namiki, Ibaraki Tsukuba, 305-0044, Japan
Received 24 December 2011; Accepted 11 January 2012
Academic Editors: C. S. Casari and Y. Song
Copyright © 2012 Daisuke Matsuura et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- R. D. Heidenreich, W. M. Hess, and L. L. Ban, “A test object and criteria for high resolution electron microscopy,” Journal of Applied Crystallography, vol. 1, no. 1, pp. 1–19, 1968.
- D. Ugarte, “Curling and closure of graphitic networks under electron-beam irradiation,” Nature, vol. 359, no. 6397, pp. 707–709, 1992.
- Y. Saito, T. Yoshikawa, M. Inagaki, M. Tomita, and T. Hayashi, “Growth and structure of graphitic tubules and polyhedral particles in arc-discharge,” Chemical Physics Letters, vol. 204, no. 3-4, pp. 277–282, 1993.
- Y. Saito, “Nanoparticles and filled nanocapsules,” Carbon, vol. 33, no. 7, pp. 979–988, 1995.
- V. Z. Mordkovich, A. G. Umnov, T. Inoshita, and M. Endo, “The observation of multiwall fullerenes in thermally treated laser pyrolysis carbon blacks,” Carbon, vol. 37, no. 11, pp. 1855–1858, 1999.
- J. S. Yu, S. B. Yoon, Y. J. Lee, and K. B. Yoon, “Fabrication of bimodal porous silicate with silicalite-1 core/mesoporous shell structures and synthesis of nonspherical carbon and silica nanocases with hollow core/mesoporous shell structures,” The Journal of Physical Chemistry B, vol. 109, no. 15, pp. 7040–7045, 2005.
- Z. Li, M. Jaroniec, P. Papakonstantinou et al., “Supercritical fluid growth of porous carbon nanocages,” Chemistry of Materials, vol. 19, no. 13, pp. 3349–3354, 2007.
- J. N. Wang, L. Zhang, J. J. Niu et al., “Synthesis of high surface area, water-dispersible graphitic carbon nanocages by an in situ template approach,” Chemistry of Materials, vol. 19, no. 3, pp. 453–459, 2007.
- R. S. Ruoff, D. C. Lorents, B. Chan, R. Malhotra, and S. Subramoney, “Single crystal metals encapsulated in carbon nanoparticles,” Science, vol. 259, no. 5093, pp. 346–348, 1993.
- Y. Saito, T. Yoshikawa, M. Okuda et al., “Carbon nanocapsules encaging metals and carbides,” Journal of Physics and Chemistry of Solids, vol. 54, no. 12, pp. 1849–1860, 1993.
- M. Tomita, Y. Saito, and T. Hayashi, “LaC2 encapsulated in graphite nano-particle,” Japanese Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 32, no. 2B, pp. L280–L282, 1993.
- T. Hihara, H. Onodera, K. Sumiyama et al., “Magnetic properties of iron in nanocapsules,” Japanese Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 33, no. 1A, pp. L24–L25, 1994.
- Y. Saito, K. Nishikubo, K. Kawabata, and T. Matsumoto, “Carbon nanocapsules and single-layered nanotubes produced with platinum-group metals (Ru, Rh, Pd, Os, Ir, Pt) by arc discharge,” Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 80, no. 5, pp. 3062–3067, 1996.
- F. Banhart, P. Redlich, and P. M. Ajayan, “Irradiation effects in carbon nanostructures,” Chemical Physics Letters, vol. 292, no. 4–6, pp. 554–560, 1998.
- F. Banhart, “Irradiation effects in carbon nanostructures,” Reports on Progress in Physics, vol. 62, no. 8, pp. 1181–1221, 1999.
- A. Vinu, M. Miyahara, V. Sivamurugan, T. Mori, and K. Ariga, “Large pore cage type mesoporous carbon, carbon nanocage: a superior adsorbent for biomaterials,” Journal of Materials Chemistry, vol. 15, no. 48, pp. 5122–5127, 2005.
- K. Ariga, A. Vinu, M. Miyahara, J. P. Hill, and T. Mori, “One-pot separation of tea components through selective adsorption on pore-engineered nanocarbon, carbon nanocage,” Journal of the American Chemical Society, vol. 129, no. 36, pp. 11022–11023, 2007.
- K. Asaka, R. Kato, Y. Maezono, R. Yoshizaki, K. Miyazawa, and T. Kizuka, “Light-emitting filaments composed of nanometer-sized carbon hollow capsules,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 88, no. 5, Article ID 051914, 3 pages, 2006.
- K. Asaka, R. Kato, K. Miyazawa, and T. Kizuka, “Deformation of multiwalled nanometer-sized carbon capsules,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 89, no. 19, Article ID 191914, 3 pages, 2006.
- K. Asaka, R. Kato, R. Yoshizaki, K. Miyazawa, and T. Kizuka, “Conductance of carbon nanocapsule junctions,” Physical Review B, vol. 76, no. 11, Article ID 113404, 2007.
- T. Kizuka, R. Kato, and K. Miyazawa, “Structure of hollow carbon nanocapsules synthesized by resistive heating,” Carbon, vol. 47, no. 1, pp. 138–144, 2009.
- T. Kizuka, R. Kato, and K. Miyazawa, “Surface breakdown dynamics of carbon nanocapsules,” Nanotechnology, vol. 20, no. 10, Article ID 105205, 2009.
- K. Miyazawa, A. Obayashi, and M. Kuwabara, “C60nanowhiskers in a mixture of lead zirconate titanate sol-C60 toluene solution,” Journal of the American Ceramic Society, vol. 84, no. 3–12, pp. 3037–3039, 2001.
- K. Miyazawa, “C70 nanowhiskers fabricated by forming liquid/liquid interfaces in the systems of toluene solution of C70 and isopropy/alcohol,” Journal of the American Ceramic Society, vol. 85, no. 5, pp. 1297–1299, 2002.
- K. Miyazawa, Y. Kuwasaki, A. Obayashi, and M. Kuwabara, “C60 nanowhiskers formed by the liquid-liquid interfacial precipitation method,” Journal of Materials Research, vol. 17, no. 1, pp. 83–88, 2002.
- K. Miyazawa, K. Hamamoto, S. Nagata, and T. Suga, “Structural investigation of the C60/C70 whiskers fabricated by forming liquid-liquid interfaces of toluene with dissolved C60/C70 and isopropyl alcohol,” Journal of Materials Research, vol. 18, no. 5, pp. 1096–1103, 2003.
- K. Miyazawa, Y. Kuwasaki, K. Hamamoto, S. Nagata, A. Obayashi, and M. Kuwabara, “Structural characterization of C60 nanowhiskers formed by the liquid/liquid interfacial precipitation method,” Surface and Interface Analysis, vol. 35, no. 1, pp. 117–120, 2003.
- K. Miyazawa, T. Mashino, and T. Suga, “Structural characterization of the C60[C(COOC2H5)2] whiskers prepared by the liquid-liquid interfacial precipitation method,” Journal of Materials Research, vol. 18, no. 11, pp. 2730–2735, 2003.
- K. Miyazawa and T. Suga, “Transmission electron microscopy investigation of fullerene nanowhiskers and needle-like precipitates formed by using C60 and (-C60)Pt(PPh3)2,” Journal of Materials Research, vol. 19, no. 8, pp. 2410–2414, 2004.
- K. Miyazawa and T. Suga, “Transmission electron microscopy investigation of tubular and capsular needlelike crystals of C60 produced by the liquid-liquid interfacial precipitation method,” Journal of Materials Research, vol. 19, no. 11, pp. 3145–3148, 2004.
- M. Sathish, K. Miyazawa, and T. Sasaki, “Preparation and characterization of Ni incorporated fullerene nanowhiskers,” Diamond and Related Materials, vol. 17, no. 4-5, pp. 571–575, 2008.
- S. D. Leifer, D. G. Goodwin, M. S. Anderson, and J. R. Anderson, “Thermal decomposition of a fullerene mix,” Physical Review B, vol. 51, no. 15, pp. 9973–9978, 1995.