- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
ISRN Organic Chemistry
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 873035, 9 pages
Interaction of 5′-Guanosine Monophosphate with Organotin(IV) Moieties: Synthesis, Structural Characterization, and Anti-Inflammatory Activity
1Department of Chemistry, Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee, Uttrakhand, Roorkee 247667, India
2Department of Chemistry and Physics, University of the District of Columbia, Washington, DC 20008, USA
Received 16 July 2012; Accepted 6 September 2012
Academic Editors: N. Farfan, G. Giambastiani, and J. R. Hwu
Copyright © 2012 Mala Nath et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- S. G. Ward and R. C. Taylor, “Anti-tumor activity of the main-group elements: aluminum, gallium, indium, thallium, germanium, lead, antimony and bismuth,” in Metal-Based Anti-Tumor Drugs, M. F. Gielen, Ed., pp. 1–54, Freund Publishing House, London, UK, 1988.
- B. Rosenberg, L. VanCamp, J. E. Trosko, and V. H. Mansour, “Platinum compounds: a new class of potent antitumour agents,” Nature, vol. 222, no. 5191, pp. 385–386, 1969.
- B. Rosenb, “Cis-platin: its history and possible mechanisms of action,” in Cis-Platin-Current Status and New Developments, A. W. Prestayko, S. T. Crooke, and S. K. Carter, Eds., pp. 9–20, Academic Press, New York, NY, USA, 1980.
- P. M. May and R. A. Bulman, “The present status of chelating agents in medicine,” Progress in Medicinal Chemistry, vol. 20, pp. 225–336, 1983.
- P. Köpf-Maier and H. Köpf, “Non-platinum-group metal antitumor agents: history, current status, and perspectives,” Chemical Reviews, vol. 87, no. 5, pp. 1137–1152, 1987.
- B. K. Keppler, C. Friesen, H. G. Moritz, H. Vongerichten, and E. Vogel, “Tumorinhibiting bis(β-diketonato) metal complexes. Budotitane, cis-diethoxybis(1- phenylbutane-1,3-dionato)titanium(IV); The first transition metal complex after platinum to qualify for clinical trials,” Structure and Bonding, vol. 78, pp. 97–127, 1991.
- S. Fruhauf and W. J. Zeller, “In vitro evaluation of platinum, titanium and ruthenium metal complexes in cisplatin-sensitive and -resistant rat ovarian tumors,” Cancer Chemotherapy and Pharmacology, vol. 27, no. 4, pp. 301–307, 1991.
- G. Sava, S. Zorzet, and T. Giraldi, “Antineoplastic activity and toxicity of an organometallic complex of ruthenium(II) in comparison with cis-PDD in mice bearing solid malignant neoplasms,” European Journal of Cancer and Clinical Oncology, vol. 20, no. 6, pp. 841–847, 1984.
- C. Pettinari and F. Marchetti, “Chemical and biotechnological developments in organotin cancer chemotherapy,” in Tin Chemistry, Fundamentals, Frontiers, and Applications, A. G. Davies, M. Gielen, K. H. Pannell, and E. R. T. Tiekink, Eds., pp. 454–468, John Wiley & Sons, New York, NY, USA, 2008.
- A. K. Saxena and F. Huber, “Organotin compounds and cancer chemotherapy,” Coordination Chemistry Reviews, vol. 95, no. 1, pp. 109–123, 1989.
- M. Gielen, P. Lelieveld, D. de Vos, and R. Willem, “In vitro antitumor activity of organotin compounds,” in Metal-Based Antitumor Drugs, M. Gielen, Ed., pp. 29–54, Freund Publishing House, London, UK, 1992.
- M. J. Clarke, F. Zhu, and D. R. Frasca, “Non-platinum chemotherapeutic metallopharmaceuticals,” Chemical Reviews, vol. 99, no. 9, pp. 2511–2533, 1999.
- M. Nath, S. Pokharia, and R. Yadav, “Organotin(IV) complexes of amino acids and peptides,” Coordination Chemistry Reviews, vol. 215, no. 1, pp. 99–149, 2001.
- M. Nath, S. Pokharia, G. Eng, X. Song, and A. Kumar, “Comparative study of structure-activity relationship of di- and tri- organotin(IV) derivatives of amino acid and peptides,” Journal of Organometallic Chemistry, vol. 669, no. 1-2, pp. 109–123, 2003.
- M. Nath, S. Pokharia, G. Eng, X. Song, and A. Kumar, “Diorganotin(IV) derivatives of dipeptides containing at least one essential amino acid residue: synthesis, characteristic spectral data, cardiovascular, and anti-inflammatory activities,” Synthesis and Reactivity in Inorganic and Metal-Organic Chemistry, vol. 34, no. 10, pp. 1689–1708, 2004.
- M. Nath, R. Jairath, G. Eng, X. Song, and A. Kumar, “Interaction of triorganotin(IV) cations with pyrimidine bases/nucleoside: synthesis, spectral characterization and biological studies of a novel triphenyltin(IV) derivative of thymidine,” Inorganic Chemistry Communications, vol. 7, no. 10, pp. 1161–1163, 2004.
- M. Nath, S. Pokharia, G. Eng et al., “New trimethyltin(IV) derivatives of dipeptides: synthesis, characteristic spectral studies and biological activity,” Applied Organometallic Chemistry, vol. 18, no. 9, pp. 460–470, 2004.
- M. Nath, S. Pokharia, G. Eng, X. Song, and A. Kumar, “New triorganotin(IV) derivatives of dipeptides as anti-inflammatory- antimicrobial agents,” European Journal of Medicinal Chemistry, vol. 40, no. 3, pp. 289–298, 2005.
- M. Nath, S. Pokharia, G. Eng, X. Song, and A. Kumar, “New triorganotin (IV) derivatives of dipeptides as models for metal-protein interactions: synthesis, structural characterization and biological studies,” Spectrochimica Acta—Part A, vol. 63, no. 1, pp. 66–75, 2006.
- M. Nath, H. Singh, P. Kumar, A. Kumar, X. Song, and G. Eng, “Organotin(IV) tryptophanylglycinates: potential non-steroidal anti inflammatory agents; crystal structure of dibutyltin(IV) tryptophanylglycinate,” Applied Organometallic Chemistry, vol. 23, no. 9, pp. 347–358, 2009.
- M. Nath, H. Singh, G. Eng, X. Song, and A. Kumar, “Syntheses, characterization and biological activity of diorganotin(IV) derivatives of 2-amino-6-hydroxypurine (guanine),” Inorganic Chemistry Communications, vol. 12, no. 10, pp. 1049–1052, 2009.
- M. Nath, H. Singh, G. Eng, and X. Song, “Interaction of organotin(IV) moieties with nucleic acid constituent: synthesis, structural characterization and anti-inflammatory activity of tri-i-propyltin(IV) and diorganotin(IV) derivatives of guanosine,” Inorganic Chemistry Communications, vol. 14, no. 9, pp. 1381–1385, 2011.
- J. J. Roberts and J. M. Pascoe, “Cross-linking of complementary strands of DNA in mammalian cells by antitumour platinum compounds,” Nature, vol. 235, no. 5336, pp. 282–284, 1972.
- S. E. Sherman and S. J. Lippard, “Structural aspects of platinum anticancer drug interactions with DNA,” Chemical Reviews, vol. 87, no. 5, pp. 1153–1181, 1987.
- R. Barbieri, G. Alonzo, and R. H. Herber, “The configuration and lattice dynamics of complexes of dialkyltin(IV) with adenosine -monophosphate and phenyl phosphates,” Journal of the Chemical Society, Dalton Transactions, no. 4, pp. 789–794, 1987.
- Q. Li, P. Yang, H. Wang, and G. Maolin, “Diorganotin(IV) antitumor agent. (C2H5)2SnCl2 (phen)/nucleotides aqueous and solid-state coordination chemistry and its DNA binding studies,” Journal of Inorganic Biochemistry, vol. 64, no. 3, pp. 181–195, 1996.
- Q. Li, P. Yang, E. Hua, and C. Tian, “Diorganotin(IV) antitumour agents. Aqueous and solid-state coordination chemistry of nucleotides with R2SnCl2,” Journal of Coordination Chemistry, vol. 40, no. 3, pp. 227–236, 1996.
- Z. Yang, T. Bakas, A. Sanchez-Diaz, C. Charalampopoulos, J. Tsangaris, and N. Hadjiliadis, “Interaction of Et2SnCl2 with -IMP and -GMP,” Journal of Inorganic Biochemistry, vol. 72, no. 3-4, pp. 133–140, 1998.
- A. Atkinson, M. D. Rodriguez, T. E. Shewmaker T., and J. A. Walmsley, “Synthesis and characterization of compounds of di- and tributyltin chloride with adenine and guanine mononucleotides,” Inorganica Chimica Acta, vol. 285, no. 1, pp. 60–69, 1999.
- H. Jankovics, L. Nagy, N. Buzás, L. Pellerito, and R. Barbieri, “Coordination properties of adenosine--monophosphate and related ligands towards Me2Sn(IV)2+ in aqueous solution,” Journal of Inorganic Biochemistry, vol. 92, no. 1, pp. 55–64, 2002.
- M. Sekine, T. Kamimura, and T. Hata, “A convenient method for the synthesis of P1-(7-methylguanosine- ) P2-(ribonucleoside-) diphosphates,” Journal of the Chemical Society, Perkin Transactions 1, pp. 997–1000, 1985.
- M. Nath, S. Pokharia, X. Song et al., “New organotin(IV) derivatives of dipeptides as models for metal-protein interactions: in vitro anti-tumour activity,” Applied Organometallic Chemistry, vol. 17, no. 5, pp. 305–314, 2003.
- M. Nath, R. Yadav, G. Eng, T. T. Nguyen, and A. Kumar, “Characteristic spectral studies, and antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory activities of diorganotin(IV) derivatives of dipeptides,” Journal of Organometallic Chemistry, vol. 577, no. 1, pp. 1–8, 1999.
- M. Math, R. Yadav, G. Eng, and P. Musingarimi, “Synthesis, spectral studies, in vitro antimicrobial and in vivo multi-infection antifungal activities in mice of new organotin(IV) derivatives of amino acids,” Journal of Chemical Research—Part S, no. 8, article 409, 1998.